Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Except guys with a BMI of 32 or higher. State law mandates they wear Crocs or slides.
Had a guy I coached with that was in management at Crocs. About 15 years ago, he got me some Croc SLIDES that were prototypes. I love to wear them - and, yes, I probably qualify based on the BMI stated above (which is racist, BTW!).

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Had a guy I coached with that was in management at Crocs. About 15 years ago, he got me some Croc SLIDES that were prototypes. I love to wear them - and, yes, I probably qualify based on the BMI stated above (which is racist, BTW!).
If you’ve ever seen the movie, Idiocracy, all of the idiots in the future wear crocs. It was before crocs were popular. When the Director was looking for the stupidest thing that people could wear, he found those.

In retrospect, it probably launched their popularity.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
If you’ve ever seen the movie, Idiocracy, all of the idiots in the future wear crocs. It was before crocs were popular. When the Director was looking for the stupidest thing that people could wear, he found those.

I have never worn a pair of true Crocs. Just these slides. They just look like fat slides and they are very comfortable.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

They are ugly. That are also very comfortable and great boat shoes.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I admit I have a pair of Croc flip flops, they were on sale and are super comfortable. But those things with the closed toe and the holes....ew....never.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I admit I have a pair of Croc flip flops, they were on sale and are super comfortable. But those things with the closed toe and the holes....ew....never.

My wife had a pair of Minnie Mouse crocs. Sort of out of character for her, but she loved them because they were so comfortable. Unfortunately, they were accidentally thrown in the garbage one day when she wasn’t home.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
My wife had a pair of Minnie Mouse crocs. Sort of out of character for her, but she loved them because they were so comfortable. Unfortunately, they were accidentally thrown in the garbage one day when she wasn’t home.
Tough love.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
On mine, the toe is closed and the holes are small enough to keep out the sandspurs. Great for yardwork.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good God. Next person to mention Crocs not only gets a lifetime ban, I'll be sending guys to their house to work them over.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Good God. Next person to mention Crocs not only gets a lifetime ban, I'll be sending guys to their house to work them over.
I like them because it helps you to quickly spot those infected with the ghey.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Both kids have had them for years, wife borrows theirs and is likely getting her own at some point. Personally, I can't stand them. I can appreciate the customizability with the things you can plug into the holes to express yourself, but neither crocs nor slides will ever be on my feet. I'm constantly afraid of them coming off, so I end up doing this geriatric foot slide thing when I've tried them on.

Whatsamatteryou?!?!!? Do you not know how this place operates? Off topic posts aren't just tolerated, they are required. Keeps threads active long beyond their useful life, driving traffic to the topic only to watch those readers get wrecked on some random other subject. Think of the click traffic the owner is generating, you wouldn't want to short him on his Zima funds, would you?

Oy, be worth running some croc ads for those not ponying up membership dues. Just a thought.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Like @aka I have a pair of the sandals and love them. Never could get into the real Crocs, particularly after I found out that they were the preferred shoes of homersexuals in Salt Lake City (read as “entire population”). But all you southern guys that wear them…hey, they look good on you!

1692814474689.png

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Great for my kids, especially during potty training, but would not be caught dead in them.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Croc slides. Was told these were prototypes that never made the production line. I have never seen another pair, but I never really looked for it either.

IMG_20230823_130748263.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.