Dabo Swinney says there needs to be 'complete blowup' of college football

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just waiting for the first tax evasion case and for the media to turn the kid into a victim.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He’s absolutely correct, but he comes across as a whiny b*tch since Clemson built a resort for their football team years ago and now that’s no longer enough.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that he's right. But not so sure why he's griping about it. My guess is that it's not that he can't buy players anymore. Of course he can buy players. The difference is that now that's it's out in the open and semi legal more money's in the pot and Clemson isn't a big boy anymore.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... and Marie Osmond is incessantly expounding on weight loss.?

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't have the first clue what European Soccer does.

The science of anthropology long ago established that the greatest factor in the evolution of humankind was descending from the trees to free up the use of his hands.
1) At no time in Soccer may the athlete use his hands.
2) In maintaining specific strategic positioning, soccer players run willy nilly scattering everywhere.
3) In soccer, when the "ball carrier" advances the ball, defenders must go all out not to touch him - to the point of throwing themselves out of the way.
4) Instead of a team orthopedic surgeon, each soccer team has an expert at removing grass stains & repairing elastic kneepads.
5) Although not allowed to hit the ball with hands, the soccer athlete may swing his head like a Louisville Slugger = this is the athletic maneuver well known as "the header", which places the ball in that offensive optimum position of "your guess is as good as mine".
6) In soccer the bum is to be protected at all times - leading to so many bum calls.
7) The penalty flags are color-coded plasticized wrecktangular cards, held up in a prissy "I'm the boss of you" attitude.
8) The rules seem stringent ... or stringently morphing.
9) There is a coroner kick that launches the designer-labeled ball into what looks like a crowd of Rodeo Drive window shoppers scuffle-ready.
10) The basketball goal is 18" in diameter & 100s of points are scored by the performing athletes ... the soccer goal is 24' wide and 8' high and spectators are lucky to see scores of 4-3. You could go home with a medically damaged throat were you to have shouted "air ball' when applicable.
11) Soccer is popular all over the world because you only need a ball and a pair of shoes -- you don't even need a pair of hands.
12) One most exciting allowances is the "free kick", where first the referee aligns 8 opponents right in front of your "free kick" spot. This results in a big nothing, moving the game right along.
13) Even the men in the stands become "soccer Karens".
14) The biggest crowd roar occurs when that white ball breaks clear of the pack on that green green grass and you hear "roll ball roll".
15) Worldwide, more soccer uniforms are used as sleepwear than sportswear.
16) :cool:

Last edited:

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Maybe. But he's right.

I don't disagree that the NCAA totally fubar'd this whole thing. A bunch of stupid academics with analysis/paralysis and arrogance can't get out of their own way. They had the opportunity to contain this. So now we wait until there is some mega conference that breaks from the NCAA and goes with a commissioner to keep everyone in line.

But Dabo complaining, sounds like a guy who sees the end for himself

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He should just be glad Clemson doesn't have a Free Fall.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. It’s the direct result of making decisions based on feelings and popular thought rather than logic and facts.
Given that the SCOTUS decision was unanimous, it would stand to reason that logic and facts prevailed.

It seems to me the "feelings" side of the issue is our love for college football the way it has been and the disappointment that we might lose it.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
How to Make College Football Great Again: 1. No scholarships or financial aid for playing sports. 2. No special admission standards for athletes. 3. No recruiting of athletes off campus or outside of normal class schedules. 4. No athlete may participate unless maintaining a 2.5/4 average taking at least 12 hours a term. 5. Teams must reflect the racial makeup of the campus within +- 3 sigma. 6. Academic institutions may license rights to team names, facilities use, and such to professional development league teams not consisting of "student-athletes." All license fees would be contributed to the general scholarship fund.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How to Make College Football Great Again: 1. No scholarships or financial aid for playing sports. 2. No special admission standards for athletes. 3. No recruiting of athletes off campus or outside of normal class schedules. 4. No athlete may participate unless maintaining a 2.5/4 average taking at least 12 hours a term. 5. Teams must reflect the racial makeup of the campus within +- 3 sigma. 6. Academic institutions may license rights to team names, facilities use, and such to professional development league teams not consisting of "student-athletes." All license fees would be contributed to the general scholarship fund.
So you are saying college football would be great if we had no chance of ever winning a championship?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.