Dan Mullen is...

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I was originally very disappointed in the hire. But truthfully Mullen has only done 2 things that I really disagree with:

(1) Not doing whatever it took to keep Seider on staff.

(2) Not giving the ball to Pierce. He is STILL our leading rusher after 5 games with only 24 carries. And he’s still averaging better than 10 yards a carry.

I understand making a freshman earn it. I also understand that freshman rb’s haven’t learned every nuance of the position. But I’m convinced that he’ll get 100-150 yards for every 20 carries. I’d just like to get them all in one game for a change. This kid is special

I’m suspecting it’s a playbook/blocking assignment thing. He will be the man in due time.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
there are rumors that several million dollars earmarked for a huge football facility upgrade in 2011 had to be diverted to pay for the extra material needed for Weis's shirts

And to cover his frass.

c6ddfb261f23425559ff5541040da296.jpg

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I was originally very disappointed in the hire. But truthfully Mullen has only done 2 things that I really disagree with:

(2) Not giving the ball to Pierce. He is STILL our leading rusher after 5 games with only 24 carries. And he’s still averaging better than 10 yards a carry.

I understand making a freshman earn it. I also understand that freshman rb’s haven’t learned every nuance of the position. But I’m convinced that he’ll get 100-150 yards for every 20 carries. I’d just like to get them all in one game for a change. This kid is special

Bringing his fresh legs in late was really effective, though. I would have just kept giving to to him. The high snap would still have been a problem but the 2 drops gave them an extra minute or more.

Id like to see him earlier, too.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
This obviously was a huge win, EVERYBODY had this as a loss before the season started. This was the biggest game on the schedule to those mugwhumps and we took it. We are 4-1 , lets win next week and impress on a huge recruiting weekend!

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016

With an offensive line as suspect as ours, I can understand not wanting to give too much run to a true freshman. Blocking becomes paramount when their struggles are accounted for.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's Bear Bryant-ish.

"[Bear] Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n."
- Bum Phillips
And that's exactly what Mullen did. He gave Morehead his last three years' recruiting and took Mac's scrap heap and still won -- in their crib.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
And this is UF with Butters MacShark Talent.

We could be So Carolina?

But....next week is LSU. And Coach O has these kids playing.

This is my favorite game of the year.

GOOO GATORS.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here's another thing Mullen is, an intelligent guy. Every week we hear him harp on practicing perfect, about how you play on Saturday is a reflection of how you practice during the week.

These guys are apparently working very hard in practice. That's 100% on Mullen.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
"He can take your 'uns and beat we'uns and he can take we'uns and beat your'uns". Florida A&M Legendary coach Jake Gaither when asked about Bear Bryant.

If Joe Moorhead was coaching the Gators and Dan Mullen was coaching Miss. State yesterday the cowbells would still be ringing.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dan Mullen has four more wins than Chip Kelly and Scott Frost combined.
Everyone but the fans, but esp the fans here, thought it was an intelligent hire. Kelly had been out of coaching awhile and Frost's resume was thin.

All Mullen did was was take a moribund Mississipppi State program in the nation's toughest division and mold it into something.

Instead, we got nine months of his record against ranked opponents shoved down our throat.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And that's exactly what Mullen did. He gave Morehead his last three years' recruiting and took Mac's scrap heap and still won -- in their crib.
His last three years were classes in the 30's.

We probably have twice the talent. That says, Butters loses, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator