Dan Mullen needs to prove me wrong

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
2014. Also both times Mac beat them.
ok...I'm not including the lost decade Swamp rat coaches regime. I think we "competed" for the SECC with sharkhumper (Mullens definition of "competing". Ox "sources" say 2014 was fluke).

Edit Just went back and looked at the 2014 schedule results. Almost forgot just how much I LOATHE Muschamp. A coach has never done so little with so much.

Needed OT to beat Kentucky then LOST to SC in OT.

Everyone in the athletic dept needs to be purged. (Except Spurrier). Clean and fumigate.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Basic rule of life and especially leadership: If you want things to change, you have to change.

In Mullen’s case, his path forward at UF would require him to truly accept responsibility for the problems in the program, recognize his weaknesses and how they contribute to those problems and hire the right people to fix them. This would include:

1. Take a pay cut on an extension (necessary for recruiting) and lower the buyout. Use the money to attract top notch recruiters who can also coach.

2. Complete revision of his attitude and staffing toward recruiting.

3. Replace every coach who isn’t fitting the model.

4. Get a clear vision of what the culture is and where it needs to be and lead accordingly.

5. Step back from the things he doesn’t do so well and give them to people he can trust. In competence and character.

Jim Harbaugh did a rebuild at Michigan. The reversal from 2020 is pretty impressive. I’m not suggesting Mullen can also do that or that he’s on par with Harbaugh. I don’t like Harbaugh but he has done well. Mullen needs to realize THIS cannot continue so either leave or change. If he cannot, his career has peaked whether he stays or goes.

Stricklin needs to decide whether or not to give him a year to enact these changes IF Mullen is committed to trying. Whether it’s Mullen or someone else, change is needed and it’s a hard road.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Last year. I know some people seem to think last year was an Almost National Championship, but the rest of us live in reality.
zook beat the dwags a couple times. And each season sucked ballsack. Mac won a couple too and chump won one. All those seasons sucked major ass as well. I don't even know what the hell that dude is talking about.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There are still people claiming they "think" he is a top offensive coach.

35th scoring offense this year, which is actually like his 4th best year.

The rest of the 14 years have been far worse, 50-70th.

These people also probably believe in the Easter Bunny.

Any myth they hear.
**** you , man. I've seen the Easter bunny

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
**** you , man. I've seen the Easter bunny
5f2b4abd43950fe0f3f2d77d7dec0465.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users