Dan Mullen

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Commemorating this comment in my signature so you can see how dumb it was all season long.
No you're not.

How is it that different from your idiocy? You already said you expected a 4-loss season.

My opinion is that psychologically we aren't going to see the same team going forward. If UF loses this week (and there's a much higher probability of that happening than people want to believe), the wheels could absolutely come flying off and roll down the street.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
What was most frustrating to me last night was that it was crystal clear early on that we were in a shoot out. The D was lost. We had to be aggressive on O as that was the only way we had a chance. And we did have a chance because Trask, Pitts and WR's were in synch and lighting up LSU's D. We had to keep our foot on the gas at all times. Can't say we would have pulled it out had we done that, but that was our only chance.

Sadly, Dan either didn't recognize that or didn't care. Pulling Trask while he was in the middle of carving up LSU's D in Death Valley was infuriating. I get the rationale, but a good coach has to adjust based on the game situation and put his team in the best position to succeed. Our only chance last night was going all in on Air Trask.

Instead, we wasted opportunity after opportunity trying to run the option with EJ and even Trask when we should have been going balls to the wall throwing down field. I just rematched the 2nd half and it was even worse than I remember. Someone asked me last night for details on why I think Dan killed us last night. Here goes.

- Opening drive of the 2nd half, we march right down the field and score even though Dan tried to blow it by reverting to running the option in the red zone. Trask bails him out with a great 3rd down TD pass.
- 2nd drive of half tied 28 all. We get a holding call on 1st down so its first and twenty. We run Perine up the middle for no gain essentially killing the drive. Gotta try to pick up some yards there.
- 3rd drive of the half. Now down 35 - 28. The wasted EJ series. Absolutely inexcusable. Trask was on fire. Pulling him here was mind boggling to say the least. One of the all-time worst coaching decisions.
- 4th drive of the half. Still 35-28. Trask marches us down the field making play after play. He's clearly in a groove and then on 2nd and 2 on the 17 yard line, LSU calls a time out giving Dan time to think. So he yanks Trask again and calls a failed QB run for EJ wasting a down and breaking Trask's rhythm. Trask throws the int on the next play after being rushed back onto the field.
- Final drive of the game. Now 42-28. Trask marches us down the field yet again making clutch throw after clutch throw. We get to first a goal at the 2 and Dan wastes first down with a halfback option trick play and then calls Perine up the middle on 3rd down and ends the game running another failed option play with Trask.

So, we had five drives in the second half. Dan killed 3 of them with his stubborn insistence on playing EJ and/or running the option and he killed another by going too conservative. He also tried to kill the only successful drive but thankfully Trask bailed him out on that one.

Just a terrible night for Dan. His play calling killed us.

See this is a much better post than the one where you stated that we would never win anything with Mullen.

While I still blame the defense for the loss, this is I believe an accurate assessment of Dan's playcalling in the 2nd half.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
No you're not.

How is it that different from your idiocy? You already said you expected a 4-loss season.

My opinion is that psychologically we aren't going to see the same team going forward. If UF loses this week (and there's a much higher probably of that happening than people want to believe), the wheels could absolutely come flying off and roll down the street.
Read better. I said I predicted a 9-3 record but felt there was a better chance of 8-4 than 10-2. I feel the opposite now. Looking forward to shoving that quote back in your face - starting next Saturday afternoon.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Read better. I said I predicted a 9-3 record but felt there was a better chance of 8-4 than 10-2. I feel the opposite now. Looking forward to shoving that quote back in your face - starting next Saturday afternoon.
Shove anything in my face and I'll just send you to Swamp Gas where you belong.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Shove anything in my face and I'll just send you to Swamp Gas where you belong.
I remember Donk predicting 0-8 last year and you mercilessly ridiculing him. You just predicted an 0-5 finish to the SEC slate. Man up and take your medicine when it starts coming next weekend.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I remember Donk predicting 0-8 last year and you mercilessly ridiculing him. You just predicted an 0-5 finish to the SEC slate. Man up and take your medicine when it starts coming next weekend.
I'll be rooting for Florida, just like you. I just don't see us winning.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps you should skip watching then. I mean what's the point according to you?
You've got a point. Seeing Chimp celebrating at our expense is not something I would want to see.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
I'm not ready to throw in the towel because we lost to a good team in a really hostile environment. Our guys will bounce back they still have a lot to play for.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I know you will be rooting just as hard as me. Big difference - I have yet to lose faith in this team and look forward to reminding you to be more resilient in the future.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I should dredge up all your ridiculous posts the last two weeks. Is your “dumping” a result of being “awakened” to what guys like @ltraz and I have been telling you? We aren’t a championship team, no matter how much you like Trask. Crappy OL and Grantham/inconsistent defense was always going to cost us. I’m still at 9-3 this season - same as I started - but now feel more optimistic we might get to 10-2. Before I thought 8-4 was more likely.

You align yourself with Traz, you dead to me.:D

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont see us losing but Mullinz is certainly capable of wasting 3/4 of the game running fvkking options and hoping the results changed.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Mullen lost this team with this game. We drop USC, UGA, Missouri, and Vandy now.

Well I have to admit this is not even a 180, can't be a 360 b/c that would put you right back to where you were. I would say you did a 540. I can see 3 of these, but Vandy would be tough one to lose, even for this team but I have seen worse. I never wanted Cousin Eddie from day 1 b/c I just never thought he was an overall good head football coach, but you have dropped him into what could be considered Rich Kotite head coaching territory. Or maybe to tie it to UF perhaps Gary Darnell???

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well I have to admit this is not even a 180, can't be a 360 b/c that would put you right back to where you were. I would say you did a 540. I can see 3 of these, but Vandy would be tough one to lose, even for this team but I have seen worse. I never wanted Cousin Eddie from day 1 b/c I just never thought he was an overall good head football coach, but you have dropped him into what could be considered Rich Kotite head coaching territory. Or maybe to tie it to UF perhaps Gary Darnell???
We knew we were at a talent disadvantage to both Auburn and LSU, we all knew that going in. However, it was the players toughness and will to win that gave us that edge. What I saw vs LSU from the defense shocked me - disinterested players that had no confidence, didn't want to be there, and acted like they couldn't wait until the game was over so they could slink off. Seeing that inexcusable behavior changed everything in my mind.

Suddenly, our huge talent disadvantage means everything, because we no longer have the mental edge. UGA has quadruple the talent this UF team has. You guys think they'll recharge and get that mental edge back, and I'm a bit skeptical about it. If we go on talent alone, we aren't any better than USC and Missouri, and I already mentioned UGA.

Can Mullen and Grantham get our players back? Are there any vocal leaders on the team that can help? Trask isn't a Tebow-like vocal leader.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We knew we were at a talent disadvantage to both Auburn and LSU, we all knew that going in. However, it was the players toughness and will to win that gave us that edge. What I saw vs LSU from the defense shocked me - disinterested players that had no confidence, didn't want to be there, and acted like they couldn't wait until the game was over so they could slink off. Seeing that inexcusable behavior changed everything in my mind.

Suddenly, our huge talent disadvantage means everything, because we no longer have the mental edge. UGA has quadruple the talent this UF team has. You guys think they'll recharge and get that mental edge back, and I'm a bit skeptical about it. If we go on talent alone, we aren't any better than USC and Missouri, and I already mentioned UGA.

Can Mullen and Grantham get our players back? Are there any vocal leaders on the team that can help? Trask isn't a Tebow-like vocal leader.

I am not bagging on you at all nor am I saying you are wrong. You can have your opinions, but for the record I am certainly not one of those guys. You have seen enough of my posts to know where I stand. Me initial prediction of this 4 game span was 1-3 and you can check my vote. I hope it is 3-1 but I make calls based on what I see, not what I hope. Your view has changed b/c of your eyes and I said that earlier in another post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator