Dan Mullen

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No you're not.

How is it that different from your idiocy? You already said you expected a 4-loss season.

My opinion is that psychologically we aren't going to see the same team going forward. If UF loses this week (and there's a much higher probability of that happening than people want to believe), the wheels could absolutely come flying off and roll down the street.

We just have to hope this doesn’t happen. If nothing else, your TV may still be there.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We knew we were at a talent disadvantage to both Auburn and LSU, we all knew that going in. However, it was the players toughness and will to win that gave us that edge. What I saw vs LSU from the defense shocked me - disinterested players that had no confidence, didn't want to be there, and acted like they couldn't wait until the game was over so they could slink off. Seeing that inexcusable behavior changed everything in my mind.

Suddenly, our huge talent disadvantage means everything, because we no longer have the mental edge. UGA has quadruple the talent this UF team has. You guys think they'll recharge and get that mental edge back, and I'm a bit skeptical about it. If we go on talent alone, we aren't any better than USC and Missouri, and I already mentioned UGA.

Can Mullen and Grantham get our players back? Are there any vocal leaders on the team that can help? Trask isn't a Tebow-like vocal leader.
We are a 10-3 team....when has anything changed that would make you feel any different? I tried telling you and everyone else that just because we can throw it around a little better DOES NOT change the spots on this Leopard....

Now if we could somehow start taking 5,6,7 yards a shot on the ground to go with the new found passing game we could maybe be an 11-2 or possibly win the East and go 12-2....

Just be happy were able to throw the ball now better than the last 8 or 9 years and maybe we'll find that running game before the end of the season...

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We had 150 on the ground. Wasn’t a total disaster for the first time. Also helped keep LSU’s offense off the field by eating up clock - 38/22 TOP advantage. Any other game with even competent defense and we win. Unfortunately, we got pathetic defense which is what y’all should be complaining about.

My problem with the running game is it's not consistent when we need it to be. It was mostly effective last night, brought in EJ to aid it. I guess that's just how we're gonna have to be able to run it this year, I was hoping by now our line could get a better push for our backs, but that just hasn't happened.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
No you're not.

How is it that different from your idiocy? You already said you expected a 4-loss season.

My opinion is that psychologically we aren't going to see the same team going forward. If UF loses this week (and there's a much higher probability of that happening than people want to believe), the wheels could absolutely come flying off and roll down the street.
Pretty sure your wheels have come off.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I wonder if we can hire Dan Quinn back as DC next season after Blank fires him.

GW, I asked the same thing on the board a few weeks ago. Barring a trip to the Super Bowl (which isn’t happening despite the proverbial Dumb & Dumber “so you’re tellin me there’s a chance” chance), DQ is toast.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
See this is a much better post than the one where you stated that we would never win anything with Mullen.

While I still blame the defense for the loss, this is I believe an accurate assessment of Dan's playcalling in the 2nd half.
I stand by most post last night. We aren't winning anything with Dan at the helm.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
My entire point of this thread is I feel Mullen could have overcome the defense quitting last night, and he blew it. Enormous opportunity missed.
Sort of like how Muschamp told us to "overcome the adversity on the field."

p.s. turn my ratings back on please. Must punish those I disagree with it.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Let's compare the 2 teams running games.... On one side there's LSU with that little bowling ball. When he gets the ball it seemed like he just picked a hole and took off...... And then there's Perine, He get's the ball and immediately starts dancing back there, Losing whatever momentum he might've had.

Don't we have 2 or 3 (4 or 5?) other RBs in the stable? And I;m sure Mullen knows a player can play in 4 games and still redshirt.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Let's compare the 2 teams running games.... On one side there's LSU with that little bowling ball. When he gets the ball it seemed like he just picked a hole and took off...... And then there's Perine, He get's the ball and immediately starts dancing back there, Losing whatever momentum he might've had.

Don't we have 2 or 3 (4 or 5?) other RBs in the stable? And I;m sure Mullen knows a player can play in 4 games and still redshirt.
Pierce was developing great until he got knocked out. Hope he’s back for usc.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like your quote but Ox apparently took my rating privileges away too. Beats the hell out of me why he even has them if he can't take other peoples reactions.
Calm yer tits, bro.

Stop bytching, it will be back soon. Unless maybe you keep bytching.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I thought the one give away series with Jones was weird but other than that, he did okay. On the other hand, the defense had a historically disastrous night and if someone is to blame, it would have to be Grantham.
Agree, the offense played a helluva lot better than the Defense. But I don't think it was as much about scheme as it is talent, or lack thereof. CJ is elite but after that it was a bunch of very average players trying to stop an elite offense. They averaged over a first down PER PLAY! Try and wrap your head around that for a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator