DBU smells like Mustank

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Those DBs got exactly what they deserved for running their mouths all week
Instead of hijacking the other thread, for once, I thought Id open one.

Ive seen championship teams built around a great run game, great passing, even around a QB who is not particularly good but is extremely athletic and powerful. Ive seen team built around defenses that are stout vs the run or who sack you on third down.

HOWEVER, I have never seen a championship team built around DBs or seen that team win any damn thing. However, I have seen DBU lose to a 1AA team and nearly lose to every cupcake they play.

Dbs are receivers who cant catch. We shouldnt be signing one unless he is a Lito/VH3 like talent bc frankly or Dallas Baker, Cris Thompson, Woeton Fullwood typeailed receivers can play DB once we figire out they arent good enough to play receiver.

Im tired of seeing us sign 4-6 DBs, bc they are available and no one else wants them. Our roster is too fvkked up to have ten guys wearing jersey number twenty somethig and ten more wearing eighty something standing on the sidelines doing nothing for 4-6 years.

Once you step in Mustank, its hard to get it off your shoe.

DBU smells like Mustank and losing. Am I the only one tired of the stench?

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
All new and fresh perspective. I see this thread having a long future.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. Only elite DBs. Maybe one safety every cycle. Switch your shytty receivers to DBs.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
:law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law:

15 yards for piling on............... Life's a bittttch and then the great coaches move on...........Find me another brother so we can back slap each other............

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Drunk already, Coach?

I know, I know, 0-10-1.

Not much left of the Pumping Corps.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For 1 time I actually agree with you, Law. If you look at the great Alabama defenses that have helped Them win titles lately, they always have an absolutely nasty front 7 that shuts down your run and gets pressure on the QB when needed. That's what I believe great defenses are built off of. Just turn your Wr's who can't catch or who are lackluster at catching to DB. If I was a coach I would only take the most talented DB's. ones like VH3, Lito as you described. This "DBU" crap should definitely stop after last Saturday, when you let a QB like Dobbs beat you, it's not a good thing at all.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VOLRIP.0.0.gif

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not much left of the Pumping Corps.
:lol:
What are we supposed to pump?
I've really only been lurking so far this week to let things cool down (for obvious reasons). I watched the game and can tell you that I'm just as upset about the outcome as y'all are - in fact, I am embarrassed by my behavior in front of my 7-year-old son who was wondering what demon had possessed his Dad last Saturday afternoon. He asked me to quit using my 'Papa' voice as I was scaring him. I had to resort to walking outside the back door and distancing myself from it all whenever things went wrong in the 2nd half - and that happened a lot.
Hopefully the Vandy game will bring some positivity back to the board and Gator Nation. :fingerscrossed:
All I know is that it's much more fun to pump, than to dump.
:bart:

Sep 29, 2015
I don't disagree with your premise, and id prefer not to be known as DBU in lieu of some other moniker, but the Seattle Seahawks won a championship with a D built around an elite secondary (ironically coached by stank's DC Quinn). Entire D was sick but it was founded on leaving elite corners on islands, a soul crushing Velociraptor masquerading as a safety, and another safety with sideline to sideline range.

Alas, we ain't got that.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Whenever you don't have any other units on the team worth a damn people like "chump" have to hang their hat somewhere. So he and T-Rob sit back and come up with the #DBU crap to have something to sell to recruits. What I would like to know is how in the hell can you go around claiming to be #DBU yet everytime we play anyone with a pulse we get shredded? :rolleyes3:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Astute observation about DBs being WRs who can't catch. Look at Quinton Dunbar in the NFL.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Honestly, outside of our starters do we have any DBs? McWilliams? Garnder is going to be good....but we DO need to sign a few DBs in this class. Just another area that this staff has dropped the ball in recruiting.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The espn "expert" said our DB's were too aggressive in the 2nd half....... looked like they were walking in quicksand to me. The UT receivers were running "free" all day, How does that equate to being too aggressive?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
The espn "expert" said our DB's were too aggressive in the 2nd half....... looked like they were walking in quicksand to me. The UT receivers were running "free" all day, How does that equate to being too aggressive?
He might've been referring to Dawson peeking into the backfield expecting the short throw while Hurd ran by him, or Tabor biting hard on that hitch fake, only to get burned for a long one, too.

Who knows.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Tabor made his name by getting in receivers hip pocket making it impossible to even throw his direction but Saturday he did his best Hargreaves 2015 impression by jumping routes and getting suckerd. I really thought Gray had fixed this problem I guess not

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't disagree with your premise, and id prefer not to be known as DBU in lieu of some other moniker, but the Seattle Seahawks won a championship with a D built around an elite secondary (ironically coached by stank's DC Quinn). Entire D was sick but it was founded on leaving elite corners on islands, a soul crushing Velociraptor masquerading as a safety, and another safety with sideline to sideline range.

Alas, we ain't got that.

The DB's on Seattle's defense did a lot of talk, but that front seven was elite that year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator