DBU? Who's your guy?

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
I am not going to pick out a favorite, but I give a small amount of credit to Louis Oliver for helping me with my finals one year. The details are fuzzy with time, but he had injured his shoulder late in the season one year, and yet was still flying around the field hitting people, with one arm dangling.

There was a picture in The Alligator of him on the field. I taped it to my bathroom mirror as a reminder/inspiration to fight through the hard times.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone remember Gus Scott and Todd Johnson? Todd Johnson always seemed to be around the ball, and Gus Scott will always remind me of one of my favorite plays. Looks like he was shot out of a cannon. Catch it at the 6:45 mark.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was gonna say that was you at first but then i figured that was too much of a cameo. You shoulda got paid for all that face time. Lookin pretty good too.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was gonna say that was you at first but then i figured that was too much of a cameo. You shoulda got paid for all that face time. Lookin pretty good too.
:lol: thanks! Working in the ticket office that year had a few perks. We actually ended up on the Spurrier Show on Sunshine the next day too. Although that shot we knew we were on camera. Even Foley commented on it when he saw me in the office the next week.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone remember Gus Scott and Todd Johnson? Todd Johnson always seemed to be around the ball, and Gus Scott will always remind me of one of my favorite plays. Looks like he was shot out of a cannon. Catch it at the 6:45 mark.

1. Thanks for the head's up for where the play is, but I was glad to rewatch the whole thing.
2. If we had anyone kicking besides Hardin Sr., that game wouldn't have been close.
3. I like the victory by a scrappy Zook team. Win one for the Zooker!
4. I really like the smirk on Grossman's face as he walked off after the win. It wasn't ecstatic jubilation that they just upset the undefeated, highly ranked rival. Just a smirk.

Thanks for sharing that.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Joe Haden is my favorite because he was a QB in high schoool, came here to be a WR, out of necessity was a starting corner his freshman year (and did well), and then after an amazing career, he's the 7th pick in the draft. I've always been impressed with how he could change positions like that and then be the best at it.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I was coming on here to post Guss Scott. If not for that one play against FSU he would be remembered much more fondly by Gator fans, especially for the play against UGA

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
No DB ever had a a bigger game at a bigger moment in program history than Will White. He is not the best or my favorite, but without that game being a win, the UF program has a harder climb to the very top.

Walter Mayberry is the UF DB (and RB) who is the lost UF hero to me. He played in the 1930s and I discovered his name through out UF records in the 1990s both for picks and rushing. According to his wikipedia profile one year he intercepted 6 of the 57 pass attempts against UF!!!!! He was a marine pilot who died as Japanese POW during WWII.

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I think we called the bubble screen 35 times in this ballgame:lmao2:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
#18 Louis Oliver. He was my first favorite Gator player as a kid.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I'm in no way trying to hijack this thread. But as awesome as that play was, when watching this replay, I can't help but notice the pure, absolute swag exhibited by Grossman at the 14:45 mark(the end). As Greene is whining and pouting about his failures, undoubtedly lamenting his all but certain future in cheesy interview segments on the SEC Network, Rex and his "dude, I spent all week partying, have Zook coaching me, and still beat these muts" face is just priceless.

Still a top 10 all time game for me, just because of the circumstances.. And yeah, that Scott pick-6 was probably the play of the game.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE="
81475431-college-football-rear-view-of-auburn-frank-gettyimages.jpg
[/QUOTE]

A bit off-topic I suppose, but I wish we'd go back to black shoes. That's just a damn good look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator