Defense/Offense divide in the locker room?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n72032 said:
How many coaches do you ever hear blame a qb for something? They hear it enough from the fans. There is no reason for the head coach to pile on in a press conference.

I agree but I cant remember one that defends poor play as much as he does with Driskel.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
8802Gator;n72047 said:
I am not saying it is fact, just stating that a fight happened between a def player and an off player.

Goldkamp has since talked with Gerald Willis' dad and he said that this is going to be a non issue and doesnt expect Willis to be dismissed. I am proud of Skyler. Reports are he didnt back down and got in a couple shots. At least one of our qbs has a pulse.

Over a pair of cleats, that were precieved to be stolen. It could have happened between two defense or two offensive players. Doesn't amount to anything other than between those two players.

Hadnt heard about the cleats until now, so this makes sense.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
8802Gator;n72032 said:
How many coaches do you ever hear blame a qb for something? They hear it enough from the fans. There is no reason for the head coach to pile on in a press conference.

I agree but I cant remember one that defends poor play as much as he does with Driskel.

Im sure Driskel hears it from the coaches behind closed doors.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt Jeff Driskel hears much of anything. He has the look of a medicated person, there's nothing there. So I doubt that he gets jumped on behind closed doors, be cause there wouldn't be any point in doing so. You only get angry with someone to let them know your frustration with their behavior in the hope that it will bring about a change. I think the coaches are well beyond that with Jeff Driskel, they'd be wasting their breath. I think Driskel would have a meltdown if he was scolded like Fisher does Winston on the sideline.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n72086 said:
I doubt Jeff Driskel hears much of anything. He has the look of a medicated person, there's nothing there. So I doubt that he gets jumped on behind closed doors, be cause there wouldn't be any point in doing so. You only get angry with someone to let them know your frustration with their behavior in the hope that it will bring about a change. I think the coaches are well beyond that with Jeff Driskel, they'd be wasting their breath. I think Driskel would have a meltdown if he was scolded like Fisher does Winston on the sideline.

Except for this guy ^^... Hows is Jameis doing?

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:

I doubt they yell at him, because he seems to have a personality that wouldnt respond well to that, but they are definitely letting him know what he does wrong and how he should fix it. They dont go into the film room after every game and say "Jeff, you were perfect, great job buddy".

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n72086 said:

More idle conjecture...... :beating:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From what I'm hearing, the rift is actually between the place kicking (XPs) unit and the scout team. It seems that our place kicking holder and the scout team's second string guard got into a tussle next to the O-Dome bike racks the other day. It appears that the third and fourth string Defense and Offensive units are taking sides and it's getting ugly. This rumor has teeth as I have now speculated it. I'm embarrassed to be a Gator at this point. If ASS CHIMP can't keep control of the XP squad, the scout team and the third and fourth sting Off and Def. units how can we expect him to keep control of the team on the field? smh

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n71873 said:
This will be the downfall of our team. Defensive players already seem to get angry at offensive players, which at this point is totally understandable. Multiple years of bad offense have emotionally worn down our defensive players. A good coach would immediately get rid of any locker room divide, but very few of us have that confidence.

Our defensive players can only control their part of the game. They give all they can on the field, and they have made mistakes, but as seen last game, they work hard and fix those mistakes. Is it too much for them to ask their offense to score a few points and consistently move the ball?

I guess the point of this post is not to bash the offense (which everyone has done plenty of times), but to support the defense, and to let them know their frustration is understandable and that they deserve to be helped by the offense.

Perhaps some defensive folks can come over and help, seems like one of the Pounceys played some D back in the day.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n72085 said:
I'm just stating a plausible theory/possibility. Nobody roots for a divided team.

Well I root for the Gators no matter what. I remember when we had 6 QB's none of which were any good and I still rooted for them. I attended, all my children and my ex-wife. We are Gators no matter what.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;72187 said:
From what I'm hearing, the rift is actually between the place kicking (XPs) unit and the scout team. It seems that our place kicking holder and the scout team's second string guard got into a tussle next to the O-Dome bike racks the other day. It appears that the third and fourth string Defense and Offensive units are taking sides and it's getting ugly. This rumor has teeth as I have now speculated it. I'm embarrassed to be a Gator at this point. If ASS CHIMP can't keep control of the XP squad, the scout team and the third and fourth sting Off and Def. units how can we expect him to keep control of the team on the field? smh
:lmao:

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n72187 said:

That's some funny shiznit ! :rotfl:

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
VulcanAlex;n72211 said:
Well I root for the Gators no matter what. I remember when we had 6 QB's none of which were any good and I still rooted for them. I attended, all my children and my ex-wife. We are Gators no matter what.
I meant nobody wants the team to be divided, not that we will stop rooting for the team. My bad.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n72187 said:

TEqrHxfPipkpdx5hV5QoJrFl

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n72187 said:
Just as I decided to post that this thread should be thrown in the dungeon, I read this much better approach. :rotfl:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n72187 said:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.