Defensive line future assessments

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n104355 said:
Remember that we also have Thomas Holley and Khairi Clark currently redshirting. Holley was the #2 rated DT in America, Clark was a 4-star who goes 325lbs.

Is Clark redshirting for sure ? Holley has a lot of potential but I wouldn't expect too much from him next year. Is he going to be available for spring ? One thing for sure is that we have to have the most talented interior defensive line in the country next year and depending on if Bullard stays we may just have the best damned defensive line period.....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Clark started as a 5 star but had a ton of weight issues his senior season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n104644 said:
Is Clark redshirting for sure ?
Crete, if he doesn't play he is redshirted. The rule is 4 years of eligibility out of 5. (But there is the 6th year exception.) There is no red shirt list. No national redshirt assocation to whom we must get a stamp of approval. No worrying that "OMG we took Grier off the redshirt list because Treon was suspended a game" etc. If he doesn't play this year, he gets 4 more years in the next four years.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n105069 said:
Crete, if he doesn't play he is redshirted. The rule is 4 years of eligibility out of 5. (But there is the 6th year exception.) There is no red shirt list. No national redshirt assocation to whom we must get a stamp of approval. No worrying that "OMG we took Grier off the redshirt list because Treon was suspended a game" etc. If he doesn't play this year, he gets 4 more years in the next four years.

Why Law, I don't know what to say !!! You made a somewhat civil response to one of my questions.............However you forgot that Clark DID play this year. Which was why I ask the question.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;105103 said:
Why Law, I don't know what to say !!! You made a somewhat civil response to one of my questions.............However you forgot that Clark DID play this year. Which was why I ask the question.

Then he doesn't get an extra year of eligibility. Unless he's given a medical redshirt for it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n105105 said:
Then he doesn't get an extra year of eligibility. Unless he's given a medical redshirt for it.

Has he been listed with a injury ? I know he played earlier this year against EMU and I believe KU....I haven't heard or read anywhere that he was injured.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;105112 said:
Has he been listed with a injury ? I know he played earlier this year against EMU and I believe KU....I haven't heard or read anywhere that he was injured.

Then I'd assume he'd be a sophomore next year.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
A special case involves the eligibility of a player who loses the majority of a season to injury. Popularly known as a medical redshirt, a hardship waiver may be granted to athletes who appear in fewer than 30% of team competitions (none after the midpoint of the season) then suffers a season-ending injury. Players granted such a waiver are treated for the purposes of eligibility as though they did not compete in that season.
The season ending injury part is easier than getting a handicap parking sticker.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;105184 said:
A special case involves the eligibility of a player who loses the majority of a season to injury. Popularly known as a medical redshirt, a hardship waiver may be granted to athletes who appear in fewer than 30% of team competitions (none after the midpoint of the season) then suffers a season-ending injury. Players granted such a waiver are treated for the purposes of eligibility as though they did not compete in that season. The season ending injury part is easier than getting a handicap parking sticker.

I'm sure it is. But we won't know until the end of the season which players they're going to get the medical exemption.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Coach9;n105184 said:
A special case involves the eligibility of a player who loses the majority of a season to injury. Popularly known as a medical redshirt, a hardship waiver may be granted to athletes who appear in fewer than 30% of team competitions (none after the midpoint of the season) then suffers a season-ending injury. Players granted such a waiver are treated for the purposes of eligibility as though they did not compete in that season.
The season ending injury part is easier than getting a handicap parking sticker.

:exactly: Finally....BTW Coach some on here will call you a conspiracist for that last sentence.....We all know that no coach who already played someone and found out they weren't ready would pull out the old "high ankle sprain" or "back spasms" card to get the year of eligibility back, right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.