Defensive recruiting for Chump versus Mac

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It will be his downfall. The defense is the only reason he has survived this long, chump's defense to be precise. We won the past couple of years because of the defense, and now with the dropoff of talent on that side of the ball, and Mac, the offensive guru, his inability to produce a working offense, the games against bad teams are a struggle, and the games against real teams, well his record of getting bittch slapped and stomped speaks for itself.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It will be his downfall. The defense is the only reason he has survived this long, chump's defense to be precise. We won the past couple of years because of the defense, and now with the dropoff of talent on that side of the ball, and Mac, the offensive guru, his inability to produce a working offense, the games against bad teams are a struggle, and the games against real teams, well his record of getting bittch slapped and stomped speaks for itself.

We had a similar situation in 2007 (experience wise) but with much better (star wise) talent. Young DBs and LBs, experienced DL.

Results:
9-4
Total offense: 14th
Total Defense: 41th
Rush Defense: 10th
Pass Defense: 98th
https://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/ranking_summary/2007000000235.HTML

Results (to date)
3-1
Total offense: 97h
Total Defense: 69th
Rush Defense: 60th
Pass Defense: 80th
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p2

It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison but it tells me that McYet and Co better be doing some extreme game planning prior to the next few games. I hope they can.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We had a similar situation in 2007 (experience wise) but with much better (star wise) talent. Young DBs and LBs, experienced DL.

Results:
9-4
Total offense: 14th
Total Defense: 41th
Rush Defense: 10th
Pass Defense: 98th
https://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/ranking_summary/2007000000235.HTML

Results (to date)
3-1
Total offense: 97h
Total Defense: 69th
Rush Defense: 60th
Pass Defense: 80th
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p2

It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison but it tells me that McYet and Co better be doing some extreme game planning prior to the next few games. I hope they can.

I liked your post, jdh... just an odd thing I noticed = all those ranking #s end in -th except the -st ending comes here 21st, 31st, 41st but oh nooo not when it's all ones, it switches back to -th = 11th, 111th. Math word problems so often elude me.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I liked your post, jdh... just an odd thing I noticed = all those ranking #s end in -th except the -st ending comes here 21st, 31st, 41st but oh nooo not when it's all ones, it switches back to -th = 11th, 111th. Math word problems so often elude me.
[Cue twighlight zone music] The McVinci Code?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
#nothingwrongw225lbDE's

#noneedtorecruitLB's

#2starLBsfromMiamiRstuds

#thiswillhelpusmorethanyouknow

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
I don't think Mac's defensive recruiting has been that bad except at LB. It isn't up to Muschamp level though. That said Mac's offensive recruiting is far superior to the inferiors Muschamp was bringing in on that side of the ball. I think that more than makes up the difference.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
After seeing TN's 4 and 5 star QBs this year I certainly have reservations about the star rating system...

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Mac's defensive recruiting has been that bad except at LB. It isn't up to Muschamp level though. That said Mac's offensive recruiting is far superior to the inferiors Muschamp was bringing in on that side of the ball. I think that more than makes up the difference.

Mac didn't recruit a DT until his third recruiting class! Plus did you forget about all of those 3 star DB's he recruited in 2016? That's why we are playing so many true freshmen this year. His overall 2017 class was progress, but the lack of defense in the first two classes are coming back to bite him. The only defensive position he has recruited well the last three years is pass-rushing DE.

Also it's hard to agree that his offensive recruiting makes up the difference when his offense still sucks in year 3. It's inexcusable.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Mac didn't recruit a DT until his third recruiting class! Plus did you forget about all of those 3 star DB's he recruited in 2016? That's why we are playing so many true freshmen this year. His overall 2017 class was progress, but the lack of defense in the first two classes are coming back to bite him. The only defensive position he has recruited well the last three years is pass-rushing DE.

Also it's hard to agree that his offensive recruiting makes up the difference when his offense still sucks in year 3. It's inexcusable.

I'm with you. I think the 2017 class is saving his ass. That's why I wouldn't say he has done a terrible job on that side of the ball. Definitely not the cyborg defensive players Muschamp was bringing in.

The offensive players are good. I just think he coaching staff isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator