Del Rio out with Shoulder Injury - Appleby to start against USC

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
"...slight misunderstanding.."? Since when is cheating by taking PEDs a "slight misunderstanding"? Let me know about the plague of QBs getting suspended for being juiced. I must have missed that news. Grier was an embarrassment to the program. Again, let me know when a QB has been busted for taking steroids in college. Grier was a punk, and had red flags waving everywhere, starting with his jerk of a father.
Because no other CFB players take LEGAL OVER THE COUNTER SUPPLEMENTS rights? Let alone it WAS APPROVED by the NCAA at the time he started taking it and then they changed it but get didn't published it yet....Come back when the clown school you support stops raping and beating women, jerkoff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Legal over the counter, huh? You have noticed the university very obviously abstained from advancing this narrative, right?

FULL OF SHYT

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well it will be Appleby who gets to take the beating at LSU. Hopefully we can at least beat SC.

I believe that is why we are going Appleby... so a freshman doesn't get broken verse LSU. Turn a kid gunshy that early, could ruin his career.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's deja vu all over again. Isn't this the same crap people said about Jeff Driskel? Maybe it's NOT a "staff issue." Maybe it's a player issue. After all, doesn't a player have some responsibility for his performance? If Jake Bentley comes into the Swamp and performs well, did Will Muschamp suddenly become a QB guru?
Uhhhh no. Everyone said driskel sucked. BAD. I get that you were too busy beating off to clown town to have had the time to pay attention though.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I believe that is why we are going Appleby... so a freshman doesn't get broken verse LSU. Turn a kid gunshy that early, could ruin his career.

Maybe. I remember the QB getting killed in 2013 when we were having all those issues.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe. I remember the QB getting killed in 2013 when we were having all those issues.

All the longsuffering we've had to endure, then thinking we'd get some real quarterbacking finally.
Then we get this, on and on. And still, we don't know if our redshirt freshman QBs are getting any
worthwhile development at all. Will McNuss keep us supplied with maldeveloped QBs ?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All the longsuffering we've had to endure, then thinking we'd get some real quarterbacking finally.
Then we get this, on and on. And still, we don't know if our redshirt freshman QBs are getting any
worthwhile development at all. Will McNuss keep us supplied with maldeveloped QBs ?

If Franks isnt the real deal it could be a real long year since our defense will have a dropoff.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The problem is we had nothing to replace what we had at QB, Murphy played well enough until LSU took out his shoulder.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Not to argue you, but in 2013 Murphy was the starter most of the time after the Driskell injury. He actually did pretty well and if the line could have given him 1 more second, we weren't play DE at TE, and he didn't kill his shoulder we may have beaten them as it came down to the end and he missed a wide open guy in the end zone. Later in the year we got trounced by FSU, but I can't remember if it was a still injured Murphy or Skyler that was starter. I do remember Skyler in the South Carolina game were they refused to throw the ball until the 4th quarter. I think you are thinking back to 2011 after Brantley got injured in the Alabama game and then Driskell got injured a little later in the same game. that left us with Brisett starting at LSU and we got railed. It's truly hard to say how much he actually got damaged in that game because the staff refused to ever play him again except in mop up time and instead chose the superior Driskell in his place.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

"I think his upside is huge," McElwain said. "He's knowing where to go with it more and more and more comfortable verbiage-wise and things like that and obviously has a heck of an arm and sometimes that arm gets him in trouble. He tries to force it sometimes, right? But he can get away with it sometimes, too."

Sounds a lot like AA.:lol:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds a lot like AA.:lol:

Except that he is a true freshman who can get value from learning and experience and AA is a redshirt senior who hasn't been able to progress past this point.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Appleby should be holding a clipboard for one of the freshman this week. PERIOD. The fact that he isn't is nothing but cowardice. I keep hoping Mac will show some balls, but I'm still waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator