Del-Rio running his "glory hole" once again

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's got a point. Butt could slide down the board because of that injury and lose a pretty good amount of money. I saw something last night that said he has an insurance policy of up to $2M if he drops past the 2nd round, but that's a one time payment, and his yearly salary will be taking a hit. He won't be able to work out for scouts or participate in the combine, and OTAs are probably out of the question, as well. I won't say last night's game was completely meaningless, but nobody was winning any championships. I absolutely see both sides of the coin on the whole players not playing in bowl games issue.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hate that the kid got hurt. Sucks for his NFL draft status. LDR, that's another story.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
He's got a point. Butt could slide down the board because of that injury and lose a pretty good amount of money. I saw something last night that said he has an insurance policy of up to $2M if he drops past the 2nd round, but that's a one time payment, and his yearly salary will be taking a hit. He won't be able to work out for scouts or participate in the combine, and OTAs are probably out of the question, as well. I won't say last night's game was completely meaningless, but nobody was winning any championships. I absolutely see both sides of the coin on the whole players not playing in bowl games issue.
If they don't want to play then don't take up a scholarship for 3 yrs and then b*tch up when your team needs you. Either go all in for the team or stay in the hood & sell dope like the rest of the kinfolks

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Becoming like the NFL, loyalty, commitment to those that pay the freight... not so much

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If they don't want to play then don't take up a scholarship for 3 yrs and then b*tch up when your team needs you. Either go all in for the team or stay in the hood & sell dope like the rest of the kinfolks
When playing in that last game could be the difference in 7-8 figures worth of salary, it makes sense, especially if you aren't in the running for a championship. The school has gotten their money's worth out of these kids after 3-4 years of exploitation. If it's some kid who doesn't have a prayer at getting drafted high or at all, it doesn't make sense.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I see both sides as well. However, LDR seems kinda douchey if I'm being honest. Spouts off a lot it seems.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
[GIPHY="pathetic"]https://media1.giphy.com/media/CSRlrzDb0JX2w/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
Yes the school makes money off the players but if you look at operating costs some schools barely break even. Some schools will take a loss during bowl games just due to fans not traveling and being responsible for tickets regardless if they sell or not I.E Birmingham Bowl this year. Football practically funds almost every other athletic program on a campus. If he wants to sit out that's fine that is his call but we need to stop devaluing a college education especially if you pursue a degree worth a crap. Especially since an NFL career average is so short. Hate it for the guy. If you are a first/Second rounder it would be a tough decision but his choice regardless. Either way LDR needs to shut his trap, an education to him doesn't really mean a darn thing when he can fall back on Daddy and will never experience the fun of paying back a student loan. A normal student doesn't have the luxury of transferring on a whim when his feelings get hurt.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I always wondered if those insurance companies actually pay off. They would have to be astronomically priced. Who could afford such a policy in college?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Too bad LDR's dad didn't give him some tough love as a kid about how the real world is. I can already see the tweets coming next season if he is still here when fans get on the play of the QB whether its him or not.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be honest about the whole relationship. This is a business. These kids are used by these universities to make 100's of millions in revenues. If the kids don't work out they are encouraged to leave so they can open up roster spots. Heck it happens on this very board, and I have been on that side of the conversation. We can't ask coaches to jettison players and also ask players to risk their financial future on a crappy bowl game.

The whole topic has about 50 subtopics and numerous points. The most important point is that LDR is a whiney bytch

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be honest about the whole relationship. This is a business. These kids are used by these universities to make 100's of millions in revenues. If the kids don't work out they are encouraged to leave so they can open up roster spots. Heck it happens on this very board, and I have been on that side of the conversation. We can't ask coaches to jettison players and also ask players to risk their financial future on a crappy bowl game.

Florida fans should be able to because we are never close to our roster cap and have plenty of room for players to stay if they want to. :D

g8torfan

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
Guess LDR didn't read Butt's tweet after the injury (never once crossed my mind to sit this game out and I would never change that mindset. I play this game bc I love it, my teammates, coaches) or didn't care because it didn't fit his butt-hurt agenda. D-bag

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator