Deontai Williams flips to UGA

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
3 star Deontai Williams has flipped his commitment from UF to UGA. This seems like a business decision to me. He probably took a peak at our safety depth chart and didn't see much playing time. Not a big loss considering all the higher rated DB's and safties we have taken in previous classes.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia promised playing time and he jumped.

here is a link.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just another example of a commitment not being a commitment until the paper is signed.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This significantly raises our average player rating.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This could be big. We signed zero safeties last year and he was the first of a few guys from that high school that we were looking at. Hopefully, Holland and Tolliver will come to UF.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If there's one thing UF recruits well, it's DBs. I'm not worried over this. A better guy will just jump to fill the spot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping we flip Mushcramp to another school.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we have enough db' s. Plus if we start winning again who knows who's gonna jump on our band wagon

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wondering if some of our CB's have officially been moved to safety. We have several Fr/RSFr who are rumored to be future safeties, which would clog the depth chart for him. Too bad kids like to commit and flake. If you're not 100%, just don't commit.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At safety we have Keanu Neal, Jabari Gorman, Marcell Harris, J.C. Jackson. Marcus Maye,Brian Poole, Nick Washington, and Quincy Wilson. It may be tough, but I think we will manage without him.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Dawson can play safety also.Plus there are a couple three who are interested in us who are all higher ranked than Williams.But yeah, you're right we're pretty set at safety.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll fine. Plenty of depth back there and plenty of time to get one that's rated higher than a 3*.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n16153 said:
At safety we have Keanu Neal, Jabari Gorman, Marcell Harris, J.C. Jackson. Marcus Maye,Brian Poole, Nick Washington, and Quincy Wilson. It may be tough, but I think we will manage without him.
And as good as many of those guys are, I think Quincy is Elam-esque. Corner skills in a safety's body. He completely shut down Lane last year. After Lane flipped to the clowns his comment was basically that Lane should expect that as the norm when the clowns play us.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n16065 said:
If Muschamp turns it around, will you flip to another school or will you be able to tolerate his success and admit to the world that you were wrong? I have a feeling that you may have to go on medication, if Muschamp survives. :-)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Law98gator;n16065 said:
If Muschamp turns it around, will you flip to another school or will you be able to tolerate his success and admit to the world that you were wrong? I have a feeling that you may have to go on medication, if Muschamp survives. :-)
I hear MMJ is becoming legal in a lot of states. Maybe he can get a recommendation to help deal with his depression. I hear it does wonders for people in a perpetually bad mood.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Law98gator said:
You do cry a lot about Muschamp. Let it go. We get it. When was your last coaching gig?

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n16161 said:

Tim Irvin and Jaquan Johnson for 2 off the top of my head. Both high 4 stars and both can play all db positions, Johnson is an listed usually as a athlete but projects as safety or cb. Irvin is usually listed as an all purpose back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.