Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Law98gator;n16065 said:
I'm hoping we flip Mushcramp to another school.
If Muschamp turns it around, will you flip to another school or will you be able to tolerate his success and admit to the world that you were wrong? I have a feeling that you may have to go on medication, if Muschamp survives. :-)
I was a big Chimp supporter when he was hired. Maybe the biggest. Until he tried to give us the Dooley/Ray Goof offense. In other words I'm John Kerry. I was for him before I was against him.

He's got a damn long way to go. I don't think he has it in him. I suspect he thinks if he just gets a RB this year (Taylor) he can run his way to an ok but not great record like in 12. He's also built an incredible snowball that is coming toward him.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
If there's any area on the team that UF can afford to miss on, it's defensive back. Marcus Lewis may be next, but I don't think that's a big deal either. As long as Tabor stays away from the weed and the other guys pan out, UF will be fine at DB. UF suffered a huge loss, though, with the commitment of D.J. Jones to FSU. He's a highly rated JUCO defensive lineman and UF needed him badly. With Muschamp not happy with the current backups on the defensive line, with two Seniors, and a probable early entrant in the draft in Fowler, UF is in desperate straits on the defensive line next year. Some freshmen are coming in, but Brantley and Bostwick were highly rated too, and it doesn't sound like they can play, at least not in the near future.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n16328 said:
If there's any area on the team that UF can afford to miss on, it's defensive back....UF suffered a huge loss, though, with the commitment of D.J. Jones to FSU. He's a highly rated JUCO defensive lineman and UF needed him badly. With Muschamp not happy with the current backups on the defensive line, with two Seniors, and a probable early entrant in the draft in Fowler, UF is in desperate straits on the defensive line next year. Some freshmen are coming in, but Brantley and Bostwick were highly rated too, and it doesn't sound like they can play, at least not in the near future.
:wobble: We need linemen (both sides) desperately. I couldn't care less about losing a DB.

I love that : wobble : emoticon but I thought it would = "+1"

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
More on the offensive side than the other IMO.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n16328 said:
If there's any area on the team that UF can afford to miss on, it's defensive back. Marcus Lewis may be next, but I don't think that's a big deal either. As long as Tabor stays away from the weed and the other guys pan out, UF will be fine at DB. UF suffered a huge loss, though, with the commitment of D.J. Jones to FSU. He's a highly rated JUCO defensive lineman and UF needed him badly. With Muschamp not happy with the current backups on the defensive line, with two Seniors, and a probable early entrant in the draft in Fowler, UF is in desperate straits on the defensive line next year. Some freshmen are coming in, but Brantley and Bostwick were highly rated too, and it doesn't sound like they can play, at least not in the near future.

Actually not sure I agree with you about db's, we have 12 scholly dbs on the roster.Gorman graduates, and I don't think anyone will be surprised if VHIII leaves early so if we can get a safety and a couple of cb's we can bring them along and not have to worry about playing true freshman. Jones would have been nice, but more often than not jc linemen,o and d , need a year to strengthen up and get used to the speed of the sec. Remember Cummings was ranked 2 or3 jc last year and he struggled with those issues. Like I said I think it would have been great to have him. I think you're readinga little to much into Muschamps comments, a lot of the national media think they're a lot better than advertised. Brantley needs to be more consistent , but both are capable backups. It also wouldn't surprise me if Hollings didn't play a fair bit, as well as Willis.And with our de's coming along so well if there are any problems Bullard is an option. I do think J is right in that the O line is where we should and are focusing.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica said:
Wondering if some of our CB's have officially been moved to safety. We have several Fr/RSFr who are rumored to be future safeties, which would clog the depth chart for him. Too bad kids like to commit and flake. If you're not 100%, just don't commit.
I'm 100% committed when I say that avatar is the most amazing thing ive ever seen!

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
ntcrze;n16328 said:

Actually not sure I agree with you about db's, we have 12 scholly dbs on the roster.Gorman graduates, and I don't think anyone will be surprised if VHIII leaves early so if we can get a safety and a couple of cb's we can bring them along and not have to worry about playing true freshman. Jones would have been nice, but more often than not jc linemen,o and d , need a year to strengthen up and get used to the speed of the sec. Remember Cummings was ranked 2 or3 jc last year and he struggled with those issues. Like I said I think it would have been great to have him. I think you're readinga little to much into Muschamps comments, a lot of the national media think they're a lot better than advertised. Brantley needs to be more consistent , but both are capable backups. It also wouldn't surprise me if Hollings didn't play a fair bit, as well as Willis.And with our de's coming along so well if there are any problems Bullard is an option. I do think J is right in that the O line is where we should and are focusing.
we have VHIII for one more year after 2014

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
ntcrze;n16328 said:

Yeah I know,my point was he's probably going early so it would be nice to get a replacement ready early, not have to slot in a true freshman. Guess I wasn't to clear,sorry.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Law98gator;n16065 said:
I'm hoping we flip Mushcramp to another school.
If Muschamp turns it around, will you flip to another school or will you be able to tolerate his success and admit to the world that you were wrong? I have a feeling that you may have to go on medication, if Muschamp survives. :-)
Law, we will have to see. You have drawn your line in the sand - did you draw it with a pitchfork? :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator