DeShaun Watson - UF was Dream School

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Watson was a five star. Number one quarterback in the nation:

The story on SDS says he was a 4-star, that's where I got that from. If he was a 5-star, that's even more surprising UGA didn't pursue him harder (and UF). Why would any school not pursue a 5-star?? (well, I guess we could ask McElwain and get that answer).

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, UF his dream school is now a QB's nightmare school -- haunted by a the QB Gurube.
Now, playing QB at UF is a bidch -- named Clarabelle.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Not really Florida, but rather the coach we had at that time. If Urban had stayed perhaps he would have come play for us. Now for my family UF is their dream school, but some have gone to graduate school elsewhere.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I don't want him. Luke Del Rio is a Gator and MY Quarterback.

IDI1ZD9.jpg

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Muschamps offense was going to be play defense and run the ball with a sprinkling of passes. He micromanaged every aspect of it so it's not surprising to hear that he didn't want Watson. Urban sticking around for another season and Foley getting in a hurry to replace him when he did leave screwed us royally.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Foley getting in a hurry to replace him when he dido leave screwed us royally.
Fooley didnt get in a hurry, Zooks, Chimps and Butterteeths are exactly the kind of coaches he intended to land. Is formula is simple, find some low paid assistant who used to work for a championship coach. Same formula basketball or football. Donovan convinced him its the way.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I wish someone would diligently research Meyer's private personal involvement with certain star players.
I believe in the likelihood that Meyer realized that Hernandez had committed horrid evil; that too-late-to help
realization plagued Urban with so much "tear-down" guilt that it caused him panic to escape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator