Dillon Graham Transfers to Embry-Riddle

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He definitely wasn't a division one player. I doubt he does much at embry riddle, they're pretty good. Thank goodness the kid isn't taking up a scholarship anymore

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
Other than them all being white, 2-guards, I don't think there's much to compare here. Nelson and Humphrey were pure shooters, something that Graham--even at the high school level--never expelled at.

Graham was a fundamentally sound player coming out of high school. A guy that played with a level head, had a high Bball IQ, and was a jack of all trades, but a master of non. Billy was intrigued by his potential to master some of those crafts I think. Maybe had he developed his shot or ball handling he could have taken his game to another level.

Unfortunately his work ethic and devotion to the game is not what it needs to be to take those steps. While others around him have gotten better, he's stayed the same, or perhaps even digressed as his confidence seems to have been lost. At some point the "project" has to come to an end.

I don't think many D-1 schools are looking for undersized, underperforming 2-guards with below average work ethic, that don't particularly exel in any particular facet of the game and lack confidence on the court.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
GatorStompin';n129864 said:
Other than them all being white, 2-guards, I don't think there's much to compare here. Nelson and Humphrey were pure shooters, something that Graham--even at the high school level--never expelled at.

Graham was a fundamentally sound player coming out of high school. A guy that played with a level head, had a high Bball IQ, and was a jack of all trades, but a master of non. Billy was intrigued by his potential to master some of those crafts I think. Maybe had he developed his shot or ball handling he could have taken his game to another level.

Unfortunately his work ethic and devotion to the game is not what it needs to be to take those steps. While others around him have gotten better, he's stayed the same, or perhaps even digressed as his confidence seems to have been lost. At some point the "project" has to come to an end.

I don't think many D-1 schools are looking for undersized, underperforming 2-guards with below average work ethic, that don't particularly exel in any particular facet of the game and lack confidence on the court.

I am not really the grammar police, but please read your posts before hitting SEND. It is "excelled" not "expelled" (unless he was kicked out of school. And when a player has not gotten better or perhaps worse it is "regressed" not "digressed", but I digress.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n129881 said:
I am not really the grammar police, but please read your posts before hitting SEND. It is "excelled" not "expelled" (unless he was kicked out of school. And when a player has not gotten better or perhaps worse it is "regressed" not "digressed", but I digress.

:snob:

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
FireFoley;n129881 said:

This massage was scent from my iPhone.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStompin';n129864 said:

He had had a number of injuries and that may have a lot to do with why he hasn't progressed as much as others. I wish the kid well. We needed the scholarship spot anyway

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n129881 said:

Grammar-Police.png

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n130008 said:
He's not a LB or OL is he?
I like how you try to act like you don't watch gator basketball

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
t-gator;n129861 said:
He definitely wasn't a division one player. I doubt he does much at embry riddle, they're pretty good. Thank goodness the kid isn't taking up a scholarship anymore

Southeastern University says hi. My Fire beat their butts last year :D

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n129861 said:

Ummm, not!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n129887 said:
He had had a number of injuries and that may have a lot to do with why he hasn't progressed as much as others. I wish the kid well. We needed the scholarship spot anyway

This. Though I thought Graham was on an academic scholarship (or had that option at one point, if Billy needed another athletic one to hand out). Maybe that was just rumors. :dunno:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n131649 said:
Ummm, not!

I don't keep up with naia basketball lol they atleast used to be respected. Either way, i doubt Graham makes much of an impact on that level either.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
t-gator;n129861 said:

If he speaks Arabic, it will be a plus to get in to E-R.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n131649 said:
Ummm, not!

IDK, ERs 10-0 to start this year and the past two seasons they were 24-8 and 25-9. Not bad, really.
I also don't know why 't' doesn't think he can compete there - I'm thinking Graham chose ER because they are a competitive program in their league and he has a good opportunity to get lots of PT and to make a difference on the team. Good luck to DG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator