Divits view of the Vandy game (Walking Dead)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Divits sayeth:

"Was at the game with great seats 20 rows up on the 45 behind the bench. It was a shame to waste such great seats on that poop show. But it afforded me a great vantage point to watch what was going on on the sideline during the game. And what I saw was.....nothing. Nothing was going on on the sideline. No people getting in each other's faces. No emotion from coaches or players. No one talking to each other. No leadership. No one even watching the game sometimes, for Christ's sake! I have never seen a more blasé bunch of football players in my life. It really pissed me off. It's no wonder a 330 pound tackle can't even block a guy 50 pounds lighter than himself. It's no wonder they appear not to have their heads in the game most of the time and make idiotic penalties and mistakes again and again and again.

I'm over this coaching staff. They are never going to get it together. Never. After the last 3 games last year, the less than impressive way we've played this year and the mediocre recruiting we've had I see no way we are ever going to get to the elite level.

Appleby showed again why he was benched at a lower tier Big 10 school. He is not a good QB and will never be more than serviceable at best.

Our line just plain sucks. Sucks. They can not open a hole. They can not pass block. They can not play without penalties. They've sucked for years and they will continue to suck no matter how much "experience" they get. They just plain suck.

We were gashed for big yards more times than I could count when Vandy would run a counter off the left side. Every time our ends would crash down and get pinched inside leaving no one to stop the runner until he was 5 yards past the line. Number 95 Davis sucks. He can't shed a block to save his life. Same with #93.

When there was 1:30 left in the game and Vandy decided to punt I said to my son that the Vandy coaches were smart even though the Vandy fans were booing. That was because I knew what apparently the Vandy coaches knew. That being that the Gators would likely get the ball deep in their own territory after the punt and would then proceed to run 3 straight plays into the middle of the line with no gain and Vandy could use their timeouts in order to get the ball back. And that's exactly what happened. The Gators have gotten so predictable it's like I don't even have to watch the game anymore to know what's going to happen.

I am so sick to death of watching sh!tty football I could puke.

On a different note, Nashville is a great town. Had a ball downtown with great music and scenery. If you're a guy in your 20's I can't think of a better town to find hundreds of beautiful girls out looking for a good time. I mean the ratio of pretty single girls to guys was crazy. At least 3 to 1. Apparently it's a big bachelorette party town. But I digress. We suck."

Too important to be buried in another thread.

You guys know Div isn't negative at all generally.

Wow.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I have enjoyed my Nashville trips for gator games..............Sorry it was so bad in some respects

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is what bothers me the most, the lack of intensity. It looks like we have a bunch of guys who don't want to play.

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
Could not agree more! Especially on denfense. I decided at the last minute to make the trip and take my daughter to the game and also use it as a college visit. She is interested in Vandy & Belmont.

I felt the exact same way as Divits. It felt like a home game for us. You had to look for the Vanderbilt fans.

The game announcer had this annoying phrase "that's enough for a Commodore... first down" he said after every time Vandy made a first. We heard it so much I still can't get it out of my head. I know the offense was awful, but the defense looked like they were going through the motions with no energy.

Glad we had another reason to be there besides the game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think they even bother to do a pregame or halftime speech? I swear to God, Pineiro is the only player I've seen this year that has shown any fire at all. Bunch of zombies, both players and coaches.

Remember when Mac ripped Kelvin Taylor a new one? He needs to do something like that again. Just show a pulse, please.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is what bothers me the most, the lack of intensity. It looks like we have a bunch of guys who don't want to play.

Unfortunately, there's a direct correlation between ability to recruit and ability to motivate in-game. It's about selling a vision and getting kids to want to go to war with you. It's overwhelmingly evident that this group struggles in that regard. You either have to be the ultimate motivator(Urban types) or have a system that kids absolutely believe will get them to the promise land(Saban types). Right now, at least, we seemingly have neither.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Even his Belks commercial during the game was uninspiring.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Even his Belks commercial during the game was uninspiring.

I'm not sure there's a more appropriate partnership in the history of marketing than Mac and Belks. It's too bad Morrison's Cafeteria shut down. Would've been another good one.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I really don't get it either. How is this offense identical to what Muschamp ran under 3 different coordinators? If he keeps Summers he's pretty much thrown up the white flag. He'll take his $9 million buyout and buy a ranch in Montana.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I see Mac sticking around for another year or two. By that time I'm hoping that Frost at UCF will have shown his worth by turning around that program and we can snatch him up if no proven top tier coaches are available. He has energized the players and fanbase there. If he can prove to be a good X and O's coach and recruiter I think he's the type of guy who might bring something fresh and energetic to what has been a moribund program since Myer's last year.

Last edited:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what divits is talking about. The team was having fun on the sidelines, as this tweet can attest:

:facepalm:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what divits is talking about. The team was having fun on the sidelines, as this tweet can attest:

:facepalm:

Yeah, I actually saw that. The kicking guys sit off to the side by themselves joking around a lot. Franks and Trask seemed pretty relaxed and not concerned about being an injury away from going into the game. At one point Trask was practicing his batting swing. I kid you not. When a couple of the d-linemen would come of the field during a player rotation they would just take off their helmets, saunter over to the bench and take a seat with a look on their face like, "Whew, glad that's over." They didn't stand by waiting chomping at the bit to get back in. It's like they were punching a time clock.

Look, I don't expect everyone to be like Tebow was, but the total indifference was telling and as someone who played with a lot of emotion back in the day it pisses me off watching players who are given only so many opportunities in their career blow them.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Right now I'm going to list off all the teams who have ever been fired up for a game at Vanderbilt:

That's the same list of good teams that should be within a touchdown of losing to Vandy in the last seconds of a game.

The situation dictated someone actually giving a shyt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I actually saw that. The kicking guys sit off to the side by themselves joking around a lot.
That's pretty much the way it is on a football team.

Franks and Trask seemed pretty relaxed and not concerned about being an injury away from going into the game. At one point Trask was practicing his batting swing.
Well, neither were really. They knew LDR was next, gimp and all.

Trash has been holding a clipboard for 5 years. He knows what you have to do to keep from getting carpal tunnel.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Unfortunately, there's a direct correlation between ability to recruit and ability to motivate in-game. It's about selling a vision and getting kids to want to go to war with you. It's overwhelmingly evident that this group struggles in that regard. You either have to be the ultimate motivator(Urban types) or have a system that kids absolutely believe will get them to the promise land(Saban types). Right now, at least, we seemingly have neither.
About as indifferent as this gif? I mean the guy wears plaid blue and brown jackets, deck shoes with no socks and makes PB&J's all day. He sounds exciting as hell to me.
:mac:

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Was just over at GatorZone.com and saw a pic of mac smiling from ear to ear at the post game presser... that really pissed me off... does he not get it?.... am I off base?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.