Divits view of the Vandy game (Walking Dead)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was just over at GatorZone.com and saw a pic of mac smiling from ear to ear at the post game presser... that really pissed me off
He made a lot of money on Saturday.

I was also over at Gatorzone and saw this:

image_handler.aspx

I will say, Marcus Spears is going in the right direction. Tim? Not so much. Unless he has his arm around the smaller blonde, quite a sweet lil bit, and the camera angle is confusing me.

Last edited:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Was just over at GatorZone.com and saw a pic of mac smiling from ear to ear at the post game presser... that really pissed me off... does he not get it?.... am I off base?
I've been saying since last year when he quit coaching that he doesn't seem to take this seriously. It's like every game is just these little experiments of his. He doesn't seem to really game plan or even care who is playing. Ex. Playing 4 RB's when everyone knows that's not normal. Or playing Treon when you know he sucks.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I see Mac sticking around for another year or two. By that time I'm hoping that Frost at UCF will have shown his worth by turning around that program and we can snatch him up if no proven top tier coaches are available. He has energized the players and fanbase there. If he can prove to be a good X and O's coach and recruiter I think he's the type of guy who might bring something fresh and energetic to what has been a moribund program since Myer's last year.
I'm just curious how well he could recruit. He has defiantly changed that entire culture around and made them something to be excited about.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Was just over at GatorZone.com and saw a pic of mac smiling from ear to ear at the post game presser... that really pissed me off... does he not get it?.... am I off base?

To be fair, he said we got pushed around on both lines of scrimmage and he is sick of it. Says some guys are sitting around waiting for someone else to make plays. Said we have been steam rolled the last 2 games.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

We're not up to SEC standards. We are playing on the level of Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

It seems like Mac lost his mojo after going off on the sidelines against Kelvin Taylor last year. After the years of Muschamp screaming obscenities, Foley and the politically correct UF administration were tired of such sideline antics. Somebody, Foley, or someone higher up, chewed Mac out about it. Since then Mac has gone into the tank and lost his fire with the players and the players have in turn lost their respect for him. Mac was at Alabama, and he saw how things were different up there. He concluded that this place, Florida, was different than Alabama, and it was going to be hard to get it done here. He had to fight Foley tooth and nail for the facility upgrades. Now this is just pure speculation on my part, but you take it for what it is worth.

Whatever has happened, Mac needs to get his mojo back.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member

We're not up to SEC standards. We are playing on the level of Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

It seems like Mac lost his mojo after going off on the sidelines against Kelvin Taylor last year. After the years of Muschamp screaming obscenities, Foley and the politically correct UF administration were tired of such sideline antics. Somebody, Foley, or someone higher up, chewed Mac out about it. Since then Mac has gone into the tank and lost his fire with the players and the players have in turn lost their respect for him. Mac was at Alabama, and he saw how things were different up there. He concluded that this place, Florida, was different than Alabama, and it was going to be hard to get it done here. He had to fight Foley tooth and nail for the facility upgrades. Now this is just pure speculation on my part, but you take it for what it is worth.

Whatever has happened, Mac needs to get his mojo back.

This

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what divits is talking about. The team was having fun on the sidelines, as this tweet can attest:

:facepalm:

The Team Caregiver encourages the players to engage in mental challenges. That picture shows the players regaining their focus by competing in a game of Rock Paper Scissors.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I was in Nashville the weekend before the game and, yes, it's a fun place. You are right about the bachelorette parties. I was walking on Broadway with my buddy in the middle of the afternoon when we passed a group of obviously drunk lovelies walking together wearing matching shirts. When I said, "Congratulations" to the bride to be (obviously her because she was wearing a veil), she stopped and said loudly, "Thank you very ****ing much!".

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When Mac was hired he was billed to the Gator Nation as an offensive genius... we ended up over 100 in Total Offense last season and we are currently 77 - behind UGA and Old Dominion..

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Right now I'm going to list off all the teams who have ever been fired up for a game at Vanderbilt:

The problem is not not being fired up for Vandy. The problem is not being up for ECU, Vandy last year, SoCar, FAU, UMass, Vandy again this year ..... A decent effort against a lesser teams SOMETIME would be a sign of turning this around.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
When Mac was hired he was billed to the Gator Nation as an offensive genius... we ended up over 100 in Total Offense last season and we are currently 77 - behind UGA and Old Dominion..

Yeah but in all fairness, Old Dominion is an offensive juggernaut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator