Diwun Black dismissed from team

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
He was behind Ventrel, Shemar and Scooby on the depth chart so it isn't really a blow to our team. Sucks because he had a lot of promise. Good luck to him.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine how Napier would have handled the shoe throwing incident. I have my doubts that player would be named team captain days later.
He would have been diplomatic about it at the podium saying it's an internal team issue, he's aware of his actions and how they hurt the team, and they will handle it privately. And that would have been the last time we saw that kid on the field for that season.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like Diwun and I’m certain he is a great teammate . That one handed stab in Knoxville was a thing of beauty. It’s a
disappointment for sure.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He was one of our biggest cheerleaders and recruiters. At least he tried to be. He wanted to be a gator pretty bad. This is a bit confusing, but I assume there is good reason.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's unfortunate, I hope he's successful somewhere else.
However, the last dismissal improved the team. BN has been saying...the people are improving so the football is improving. Perhaps DB wasn't improving or even regressing.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Always wish the kid well and thank him for his time here. BUT.........

Glad there is some accountability and a coach holding an expectation. This is what this broke down program has been missing. If some of you didn't see Rick Well's tweet response to Whittemore, it was clear as day. "Daddy and Coaches favorites". Whatever the reasons for DB being dismissed it was more than likely called for. Players are having to buy in or they are going to get cashed out.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dj-khaled-another-one.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine how Napier would have handled the shoe throwing incident. I have my doubts that player would be named team captain days later.
I will never forgive Marco Wilson for that, ever. Dan Mullen either.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He was behind Ventrel, Shemar and Scooby on the depth chart so it isn't really a blow to our team. Sucks because he had a lot of promise. Good luck to him.
He nearly won the Ut game for us. Had he been able to run that recovered onside kick in…

You all have cited the possibilities. I hope whatever it was, he gets the memo and finds his way.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I'm just guessing but I'd be willing to bet it has something to do with their relationship with Toney, or better, the deterioration of it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. That’s right up there with Carlos Dunlap getting a DUI before SECCG.
I still think we lose with or without Dunlap. I don't think I've seen a bigger punk in a gator jersey than Marco Wilson

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.