DJ Humphries exposes another Muschamp screwup?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
BTW, Tyler Moore transferred from Nebraska weighing around 300-305. He's leaving UF at around 320. If the staffs philosophy was to keep their weight down they failed miserably with Tyler.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tyler's weight was of little consequence.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are forgetting an important facotr, age. He SHOULD be coming back to school as a RS junior in the fall, as a 21-22 yo who has had 4 years to beef up enough to be ready for the SEC. This is about the right time for him to finally be bulking up.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp's ****edupedness does just fine on its own. Let's not put a players weight fluctuating 10lbs on him as well. Hell, Trent Brown lost 21lbs, did Muschamp have him playing too fat? Same logic.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n179840 said:
I don't give a flying Shiite what Hump does in the NFL. He was a turnstile for us his entire career and that is all that matters.

Agreed!!!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember DJ Hump wearing his jersey so you could see his midsection when others like Elam and Evans were doing it. I always remember wondering why an OL would want to show off his stomach. I never liked it from any of them and if I were the coach, I wouldn't let players do that in a game. As for OL, according to my thinking, they are either too fat to be attractive to women or they're not big enough and are displaying "their failure" to achieve the right weight.

I say all of this and follow that rabbit trail to say, I suspect that physical appearance was important to him and he didn't care as much about winning or the team as he did about looking a certain way. Now, it matters differently and I suspect he's willing to do what he ought in order to make a serious go at the NFL. I'm only speculating, but it's an angle that hasn't been stated. I understand and agree with the idea of easier off-season weight-gain too. Regardless, I don't lay this at Muschamp's feet.

Attachments

• conv_2470.jpg
    conv_2470.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 29

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I remember an article, science-based, about an electronic device strapped on their bodies during workouts and practices.
Those devices showed that FSU's standard practice routines were excessive and breaking down muscle and endurance.
So FSU cut back on physical demands, length of practices, and performance measures improved. They paid $25,000 for
each device and bought more than $100,000 and said they were ordering more $25,000 devices.

I once read a book on growing increasing strength in muscle fibers. It was set up with very scientific recordings. They
discovered that the absolute most important factor was the "rest period" between workouts. That was the time when
muscle fibers and fiber attachment added their strength.

And(non-scientific) coaches just think of increasing workout efforts to make players better.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is a poor excuse to make us think about WM.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you for your time Hump...

hippo_tutu.jpg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not working out in the offseason??? Guys he's about to audition for a million dollar plus gig......He's probably been working harder than he ever has in his life. 2 things for ya.....1. Growth spurt. We all have them and if he's training and eating well at the same time there is no reason a body his size can't put on 15-20 pounds in 2 months or less. Back in the day when Concrete was a gym rat he would go from 210-212 to 225 one week after starting a "cycle" of creatine and going to a low rep high weight program. 2. He has gotten an advance on future earnings from an agent so he might have invested in somekind of anabolic cocktail which is very likely.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure we can blame it on WM for the low playing weight. Many of us did label WM with a lack of attention to the offensive side. So who knows....But I know one thing, Muschamp sucks as a HC.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wait ! Muschamp put on weight when he was here ?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
cornbread;n180720 said:
muschamp sucks
I think this could be added to just about every thread and it would fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.