Do you want us to beat Georgia?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Georgia is going to take out some serious pent up frustration on us this year. I expect them to have no mercy. It's going to be ugly. Get ready guys.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It likely won't happen, but humor me a moment if you will. If Stricklin is at all inclined to make a change this season, the two-week gap between A&M and Georgia may be the time to do it. It gives us a chance to re-focus and re-energize for the biggest game on the SEC East slate and it gets the message out early that we're shopping.

Both of which are positives.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It likely won't happen, but humor me a moment if you will. If Stricklin is at all inclined to make a change this season, the two-week gap between A&M and Georgia may be the time to do it. It gives us a chance to re-focus and re-energize for the biggest game on the SEC East slate and it gets the message out early that we're shopping.

Both of which are positives.

Who in God's name on that staff is the interim?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who in God's name on that staff is the interim?

Likely Shannon. Not sure it really matters. You're not going to correct all that's wrong with the team in that little time.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
All the wishing in the world won't overcome the talent and coaching gap. Our #1 SEC rival has already lapped us.
Yep.

Maybe I should rephrase my question for most:

If you knew Mac would be fired after a Georgia loss, would you be ok with it?

I think I would. I look at the potential next round of great head coaches out there and we might be up ****s creak if we don't act this season.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There about 15 million reasons why Mac is not getting canned this year. With our facilities in rebuild there is no way we can afford to fire him this after his contract extension. Might as well hope for a win.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Although I'm not expecting it, this is a perfect set up game for what typically happens in this rivalry. So often, the team coming in with dominant force gets beat up and loses to the team that never had a chance.

Again, I won't hold my breathe but that happens all the time.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
There about 15 million reasons why Mac is not getting canned this year. With our facilities in rebuild there is no way we can afford to fire him this after his contract extension. Might as well hope for a win.

We are all aware of the millions it will take and nobody wants to be on the hook again paying for sub standard coaching years after they are gone. That being said, I wonder if its just worth doing anyhow. We have made way too many mistakes with these unproven coaches and we are in pretty bad shape as a program and are becoming a pretty pitiful and desperate fan base. Many are on the outside looking in and having a pretty good time laughing. All of the college football world that used to fear playing here now comes in with total confidence they will win and we struggle with them all. Doesnt matter who it is. I dont know whats going to happen but we are in some serious doo doo.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Yep.

I think I would. I look at the potential next round of great head coaches out there and we might be up ****s creak if we don't act this season.

Yes, as much as I hate UGA and their inbred fans, I would sacrifice a loss to them if I knew the Margarine Man was getting canned immediately after.

Just wait, UGA is going to unleash holy hell on us like we haven't seen since probably the Nebraska 1995 Title game. It's probably gonna look like our 2008 49-10 win over them, only in reverse.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course. Always try to beat UGA! We have 2 SEC losses already, probably will end up with 3 or 4 even if we manage to not lose to UGA, we ain't going to Atlanta this year either way. It'd be awesome if we at least kept UGA out of it somehow.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Yep.

If I knew McYet would be canned after this years leghumper game, I would take the loss for the good of the program. Plus, I wouldn't have to acknowledge the beat down. I can call it the loss leader game.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we win. I also hope i win the lottery and I don't even play!
If I was UGA, this would be my statement game. I would say, "look Florida is down, we can beat them. But i don't want you to just beat them, I want you to crush them, i want you to humiliate them, I want you to make them want to quit! We are going to unleash a beating never before seen and show everyone why this school is the place to play football!!"

But I would say something like that for every game, lol

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt we score(offensively) on FSU.......again.
The only good that comes from the rest of this season will be that Butters can't survive losses to UGA, USCe and FSU which would mean a sub.500 season and no bowl. In fact I could see the plug getting pulled after losing to Muschamp especially if it gets ugly. And make no mistake now that the wheels are coming off we will start to see some lopsided ass kicking's over the next 6 weeks.....It's a trademark of bad coaches who ride the previous staffs roster for a year or 2 but have no ability or businesses running tier one programs....
I think we just might score on FSU offensively this year, though I do believe we lose that game still.
FSU is a shade weaker on defense thus far compared to last year, but it's almost break even. However, their offense has completely disappeared, dropping from 25th last season to 110th this season thus far. This means they'll be giving up more offensive opportunities to the other team...which of course Butters & Nuss will squander runs up the middle to an 8 man front :lol:

At any rate, I think we sneak an offensive TD in against FSU this year...not that it'll matter to the overall game, however.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll never wish us to lose, especially to those m'fers.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UGA should always be beaten, always. There are zero circumstances that warrant not wanting them to be totally humiliated & beaten shamefully. WTF is wrong with you people?

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Fire Nuss. Hire Spurrier as interim OC. Beat the f××k outta Georgia.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
NEVER root for a loss, especiaily against that group of draft dodger praising cocksuckers......

From Wikipedia......

1942: 75 and oh![edit]
Having lost most upper-class players to service in World War II, the 1942 Florida Gators brought an inexperienced 3–4 squad into Jacksonville for the 1942 contest with Georgia.[7][27] The Bulldogs, on the other hand, still had many veteran players thanks to the draft deferments of the players who were enrolled in the University of Georgia's ROTC program, and brought a 7–0 record and No. 1 ranking to Jacksonville.[27]

Georgia halfback Charley Trippi and Heisman Trophy-winning back Frank Sinkwich combined to score seven touchdowns as Georgia crushed Florida 75–0—the largest margin in series history.[7][28] The Bulldogs finished the regular season 10–1, won the Southeastern Conference championship, defeated the UCLA Bruins 9–0 in the Rose Bowl, and were named national champions by multiple polls and ratings services.[29][30] Meanwhile, the depleted Gators[31] did not win another game during the 1942 season, and with even more players joining the war effort afterward, would not field a team at all in 1943.[7][32]

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.