Does Zaire finish out the season?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Franks isn't the future, there's no reason to keep humiliating him. Plus I REALLY want to beat South Carolina and FSU.

Discuss.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That's a darn good question.. If the media reports are right it makes me wonder what Shannon will do.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope so even if we keep losing some games. Open up the competition next year. Don't see why Corral (if he stays committed) couldn't beat Franks out with a competent coaching staff to work with him over the Spring.

If they go back to Franks Missouri could probably win just by blitzing most downs.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
With Butters gone, the question becomes are you "really" trying to win? If yes, then I think you go to Zaire for this reason. On offense and offense only, the only hint of success has been running the ball. There is no passing game at all, NONE. So why not take the one thing you do somewhat okay, and build on that with another guy who can add to that? You can still call pass plays that might actually help open up some more running lanes b/c you have a guy that you can truly run bootlegs and sprint outs with.

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Screw it.... why not?!? What we’re doing sure as hell ain’t working...

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We probably go on a tear and kck ass with a QB that can run..........it will open up WRs even.
Of course we start Zaire now............it is a new day in gville or misery or whereverr the next game is...........

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't even know who's going to be the play caller. Surely Nuss is removed immediately as well.

The rest of our offense of staff is so inexperienced there are no good options.

Saban as a dozen nice options on the shelf. We have a bunch of shyt from FIU and FAU who arent even coaching the positions that they have some experience.

At least we saved money, huh? Great job Foley!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CUUF also assured us that he knows the bigwigs and Butters is here for at least three more years.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Agree on who is calling the plays, and are they redesigning them, in a week ? Special teams, qb coach, OC, HC realistically should be gone with Mac, but you can't do that mid season without replacements

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’d love to see Franks with a real QB coach and an OC who draws up plays that don’t involve basic route trees that any defense with a pulse can cover.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't even know who's going to be the play caller. Surely Nuss is removed immediately as well.

The rest of our offense of staff is so inexperienced there are no good options.

Saban as a dozen nice options on the shelf. We have a bunch of shyt from FIU and FAU who arent even coaching the positions that they have some experience.

At least we saved money, huh? Great job Foley!
Why would Nuss be removed immediately? He’s not going anywhere.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Silly Donkey, I said nothing about Mac being here for 3 more years. I said he should not be fired mid season and at the end of the season UNLESS he lost the team. The performance last night shows me that he lost the team.

As far as Franks, idk that he is a complete lost case. The receivers also share some of the blame, seems like the only route they can run is straight up field.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Who knows and who really cares about the rest of this destroyed season. It would be nice to win out, losing all but UAB wouldn't bring any tears either if we could hang onto recruits who understand that things are a-changing in Hogtown. At least we're getting rid of the weird MacNuss act. Looking at the short list of possible hires, I'm thinking Scott Frost. Or maybe Charlie Strong, although nobody seems to be talking about him.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Put Zaire in and see what he can do. What do you have to lose? I thought we would see him earlier in the Georgia game than what we did. McElwain kept going with Franks. We were getting killed and I thought Franks was going to get killed. The only credible death threats I saw was from the Georgia pass rush.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
Installing Zaire would be a concession that the offense is broken and the staff hasn’t a clue about fixing it. This is only reinforced by the debacle with LDR, who should have been the QB from day one of this season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Silly Donkey, I said nothing about Mac being here for 3 more years. I said he should not be fired mid season and at the end of the season UNLESS he lost the team.
I'm gonna let this one slide in the interest of reunifying the Gator Nation.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
While Franks looks horrible, he’s had no coaching. Zaire also looks horrible, but he may have had coaching at ND. Either way, we are still stuck with a motley crew of potential QB’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator