Does Zaire finish out the season?

farfugnugen

Oct 4, 2014
Of course he should. The only problem is that, if the staff is not fired, it will prove how bad the decision was to go with Franks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
While Franks looks horrible, he’s had no coaching. Zaire also looks horrible, but he may have had coaching at ND. Either way, we are still stuck with a motley crew of potential QB’s.
I'd go Zaire. Letting Franks get battered and embarrassed is only going to make it that much more likely that he never recovers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would Nuss be removed immediately? He’s not going anywhere.
I hope youre wrong. They wanted him gone last December but who knows.

It says something when on your entire staff you don't have one decent option as interim HC or interim OC. Other than a Caine, there isn't even a guy who has done it before.

This has to be one of the shyttiest staffs in history.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would Nuss be removed immediately? He’s not going anywhere.
Truth is that half of the people on this board could call the game the way Nuss does. Screen pass first down, power run (or lulz draw when they are expecting run) on second, play action (when they KNOW it will be a pass 85%) screen pass or underneath route on third. Anyone could do that if we just had the play numbers. Franks could improvise in the huddle and do better.

We re talking about the guy (Nuss) that Saban publicly excoriated for being completely predictable (a few years after he commented on how the playbook kept getting whittled down til they were only running a handful of plays under Butters).

I'd seriously just fire Nuss stupid, drunken azz. Let the offensive staff formulate the gameplan then let offensive QA or whomever run the box. What difference does would it make?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tom Brady could be our QB and it wouldn't matter with our play calling and CRAP O-line...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zaire. The kid deserves the chance, esp for all the trouble he took to insert himself in this cluster. Franks was taken off the grill way too rare. He needs lots more grillin'.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tom Brady could be our QB and it wouldn't matter with our play calling and CRAP O-line...
The fact that TOM BRADY WASN'T GOOD IN COLLEGE shows that, right? (Under Loeffler, btw, snicker snicker.)

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I don't know what might happen, but I do believe strongly in these things.

Almost no team can win or even compete in college football today without a QB who can and will run when the opportunity is there. Even Bama has a running QB.

It is great to get the players who can and will execute the offense that the HBC wants to run, but when your players either can't or won't you need to adapt not them.

If your players won't or can't run the plays you desire you need new plays or new players. Since new players don't come immediately you need different plays, of course you could somehow get the players to run the plays properly.

I thing that power running is one of this team's strengths, and with a running QB, (it seems we have at least three) that should be where we start.

Time will tell, but anybody could call plays better than we have seen recently.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
And put more of our playmakers on the field at the same time

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
While Franks looks horrible, he’s had no coaching. Zaire also looks horrible, but he may have had coaching at ND. Either way, we are still stuck with a motley crew of potential QB’s.

Let's not forget that Grier seemed to get worse after the Ole Miss game. The more this staff tried to fix the QB the worse he got... at least that's how I remember it! I highly doubt that even Grier would look anything like he does this season if he would have stayed.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Let's not forget that Grier seemed to get worse after the Ole Miss game. The more this staff tried to fix the QB the worse he got... at least that's how I remember it! I highly doubt that even Grier would look anything like he does this season if he would have stayed.

Agreed.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is mid-season and regressed under this tutelage. When you're in the grasp and do the desperate rugby toss that begs loss of possession... then last week Felipe fell in love with taking sacks for losses... and his perpetual short man is breaking open but I gotta chuck for the home run back yard mentality. Cerebral and developed QB are not us, we apologize son for the instruction and practice your getting at UF.

So, unless SOS is officially getting a hold of him, why not Zaire.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Yes, that is all! It can't be anymore clear that Franks isn't ready and if the kid has any chance of ever getting ready Nuss has to go when Mac goes, otherwise he should transfer to NC state or WVU.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What is the record for the most number of times in a single season that a QB has been pulled from the game for being ineffective?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'd go Zaire. Letting Franks get battered and embarrassed is only going to make it that much more likely that he never recovers.
This was my thought as well. Don't make the same mistake with Franks that Chimp made with Driskel. Franks probably isn't the best thing for us going forward but he isn't to blame completely for our misery on offense. If they move him to #2 it will give him a chance to decide with a clear head if he even wants to be a part of this program going forward. He would still get practice reps at #2, then have the offseason and spring ball with a new set of eyes to correct some of his issues with timing.....some guys never get this timing thing down against fast defenses but arm strength and athletic ability aren't his weaknesses...we may also bring in a coach who wants to install a system involving the QB more in the running game. At this point we would certainly want a back up with game experience and 2 years of CFB under his belt in case of emergency.....

Now on to Zaire. I was never for him coming here BUT he is here and quite frankly I've almost felt a little sorry for him standing on the sideline the last month knowing that he committed his last year of eligibility to a complete idiot who can't see that he ruining a young QB's(Franks) confidence by leaving him in games where he's incapable of succeeding at this point in his career. We weren't going anywhere this year anyway so I agree with giving Franks the starts up to this point.....However with the season most likely gone please give Zaire a chance to finish out his playing days in CFB...It almost seems the right thing to do for both QB's....fwiw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator