Good to know :suspect2:
squirrel GIF

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure which I need more right now....the bucks or the booze....sitting here missing another day at the office due to rewiring the house....and the refrigerator went out last night...f vck me again...over and over, rinse and repeat...
If you didn't go cheap the first time, you wouldn't have to buy things multiple times :whistle:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If you didn't go cheap the first time, you wouldn't have to buy things multiple times :whistle:
A lot of the stuff giving me grief is just old or worn out which is fine but why all at the same time.....
The refrigerator is maybe 6 years old and cost about $2500 if I remember correctly....just more of an inconvenience as long as it can be fixed. The funny part is I still have 2 that are over 30 years old down in the cottage and another smaller one in the garage that is much older....all of them are still working fine :dunno:

Anyone else notice that newer appliances seem to start having issues when they're about 6-7 years old? Our last washer and dryer did the same sh!t....something to do with switching from analogue/mechanical to all of this newer digital/smart ******** would be my guess..

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of the stuff giving me grief is just old or worn out which is fine but why all at the same time.....
The refrigerator is maybe 6 years old and cost about $2500 if I remember correctly....just more of an inconvenience as long as it can be fixed. The funny part is I still have 2 that are over 30 years old down in the cottage and another smaller one in the garage that is much older....all of them are still working fine :dunno:

Anyone else notice that newer appliances seem to start having issues when their about 6-7 years old? Our last washer and dryer did the same sh!t....something to do with switching from analogue/mechanical to all of this newer digital/smart ******** would be my guess..
What kind of refrigerator? Not saying you have a Samsung, and I love most samsung products, but I understand their refrigerators are trash. lol

They don't build things anymore like they did.....Things cost more so they use cheaper products to build them. It's a damn shame.....what this world's coming to :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What kind of refrigerator? Not saying you have a Samsung, and I love most samsung products, but I understand their refrigerators are trash. lol
Believe it or not it's a Kenmore...we bought it because the one it replaced was 25 years old and still running(it's one of the 2 at the cottage and still working).

We had Samsung washer and dryer and both only lasted about 6 or 7 years....supposedly their OK but their circuit boards are crap and when they go bad it's hard to find replacements plus they end up costly more than half of what you paid for the appliance to begin with.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

They don't build things anymore like they did.....Things cost more so they use cheaper products to build them. It's a damn shame.....what this world's coming to :lol:

for people like me, and people like you

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Believe it or not it's a Kenmore...we bought it because the one it replaced was 25 years old and still running(it's one of the 2 at the cottage and still working).

We had Samsung washer and dryer and both only lasted about 6 or 7 years....supposedly their OK but their circuit boards are crap and when they go bad it's hard to find replacements plus they end up costly more than half of what you paid for the appliance to begin with.
We've got an old, white Kenmore in the garage that we've had for probably almost 25 years.

For Samsung, I love their TVs, fridge is fine (but known ice maker issue), and I totally agree on the washer/dryer.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We've got an old, white Kenmore in the garage that we've had for probably almost 25 years.

For Samsung, I love their TVs, fridge is fine (but known ice maker issue), and I totally agree on the washer/dryer.
Yeah never had any issues with Samsung electronics but after all the issues with the washer/dryer will probably never buy their appliances again. The Whirlpool washer and dryer we replaced them with are probably only a year old so it's too soon to say if they're any better.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017

Anyone else notice that newer appliances seem to start having issues when they're about 6-7 years old? Our last washer and dryer did the same sh!t....something to do with switching from analogue/mechanical to all of this newer digital/smart ******** would be my guess..
Had the exact same issue regarding old vs new refrigerators. Bought a new Maytag set for our new home in 2006. Fridge compressor went out in 2013 - cheaper to replace than fix. Bought a new Kenmore and it is just about to die. Meanwhile, I have a fridge in my garage running fine from 1993.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Stick with me here fellas, but what if we put ALL the appliances in the garage????? I think that's the answer to this.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Front-loading washers are the s.hitz...water-saving washers are just as bad. Newer refrigerators have too many sensors.....

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Front-loading washers are the s.hitz...water-saving washers are just as bad. Newer refrigerators have too many sensors.....
honestly, i just don't think you can go wrong with the closest thing to old style washer and dryer... no display, doesn't play the Korean national anthem when the drying cycle is done (I schit you not, that's what Samsung does)... just simple nobs, throw schit in

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Follow up on the fridge....commpressor which is build by LG is bad.....but under warranty....good news right....no **** me again. The newer compressor to replace the old one does not work with the old PC Board, valve and dryer also needs to be replaced. Labor is not included in warranty(beyond one year)...

Total cost to replace compressor, valve, dryer, PC Board with labor....almost $1,200....Total cost to replace whole comparable refrigerator....yeah somewhere between 4-5K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator