Driskel is in for Niners

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
He will be given at least a couple of seasons, due to the rate of his contract and his physical skills. He has the physical athletic ability to work in Kelly's offense. Just depends if he can learn. It's a pretty basic read system, but if he sees the field at all this season at qb the Niners season is already over.
He's been "learning" for going on 6 fkn years now and still looks as lost as he did as a true freshman.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's been "learning" for going on 6 fkn years now and still looks as lost as he did as a true freshman.

Not saying he is going to work out or not. Just saying of the NFL offenses he could go to, it's the best fit. Limited reads/learning. And he has the athletic ability to run the ball. But like I said if he sees time at QB this season for the 49ers their season is already done.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Not saying he is going to work out or not. Just saying of the NFL offenses he could go to, it's the best fit. Limited reads/learning. And he has the athletic ability to run the ball. But like I said if he sees time at QB this season for the 49ers their season is already done.
I read a few minutes ago the 49ers have signed Christian Ponder to a 1 year deal also. Talk about scraping the barrel.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I read a few minutes ago the 49ers have signed Christian Ponder to a 1 year deal also. Talk about scraping the barrel.

All four of the quarterbacks have been garbage this preseason...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel may get a courtesy 1 year on the roster but I will be really surprised if he is around after that. He just doesnt understand the position upstairs.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, year 'round row-boaters in the Bay waiting on collecting errant baseballs or footballs ??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one loves them some Drisky like Dougie.

I think Driskell has a great future.... on a fishing show. He'd be great. Seriously, he's a nice kid and is pretty well known in the south already. All the fans from opposing school have great memories of him. Well, except Tinerc, but they can't afford those premium channel packages anyway.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The quarterback closing out the game is more often than not somebody that will inspire irrational excitement in the fans. Jeff Driskel is that guy this year, so might as well have a Driskel update. He was great scrambling, rushing for 61 yards. The Texans brought a lot of pressure, and Driskel did a good job diagnosing it and scrambling. At the same time, his passing performance was not particularly good. He was mainly throwing short, and even then couldn’t get much done. He finished the game 4-of-12 for 20 hards. But the running was at least entertaining.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, 49ers a'Driskellin' season. They'll barely win vs unworthy opponents and lose to all worthies.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fwiw I believe they just signed Ponder off the Home Depot part time shift. So they either are gonna cut JD or stash him on the practice squad.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fwiw I believe they just signed Ponder off the Home Depot part time shift. So they either are gonna cut JD or stash him on the practice squad.

Did that coach carry 2 or 3 active QBs on the roster last season in Philly? I forgot when watching the Tebow stuff play out. If he only carries 2 no way in hell does Driskel get signed for anything but the practice squad. I think that 3rd QB that got hobbled in the preseason game knows the system already also so that doesn't help Driskel making the game day roster either unless the injury is bad.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did that coach carry 2 or 3 active QBs on the roster last season in Philly? I forgot when watching the Tebow stuff play out. If he only carries 2 no way in hell does Driskel get signed for anything but the practice squad. I think that 3rd QB that got hobbled in the preseason game knows the system already also so that doesn't help Driskel making the game day roster either unless the injury is bad.
He carried 3 last year in Philly.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I see Driskel making a practice squad. He's athletic enough to simulate just about any opposing teams QB.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel may get a courtesy 1 year on the roster but I will be really surprised if he is around after that. He just doesnt understand the position upstairs.

^This more than anything, he will be on the roster for at least this year, mostly likely as a roster (non dress) or practice squad guy. Just on the athletic talent alone.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Driskel cannot make any team, how can he simulate every team's QB.?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Driskel cannot make any team, how can he simulate every team's QB.?

:lol2: Well he did catch a break - Thad Lewis who already knows the system tore his ACL and is out for the season so he just has to beat Ponder out for the 3rd spot and Ponder hasn't played in the system before.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I know I'm beating a dead horse, and only stating the obvious, but Driskel now makes, how many, 6 offensive players under Muschamp who are now on NFL rosters, and the Gators still lost to the likes of Georgia Southern and Vanderbilt under him?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.