DT Jordon Scott Decommits

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
In fact, Tennessee has FOUR of the top 50 DT's committed! #12 & #16 (from the Virginia Beach area), #37 & #46. WTF??????
Do you think that will change if Butch gets fired or even if he doesn't and suffers one or two more Ls?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what your point is. no one is debating that side hat and rump have culpability here. it is year three and they still can't land defensive tackles or inside linebackers.
My point is it seems like it's trickling down from the top.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do you think that will change if Butch gets fired or even if he doesn't and suffers one or two more Ls?

You never know. They could see it as "an opportunity to play early"....or in a negative light. UT was trending up, big time, before the 3-game losing streak (and this past week or so of the Hurd issue). If the "Butch might get fired" talk continues it could definitely impact recruiting. On the other hand, it didn't impact UGA much last year when Richt got canned.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UT is in full meltdown, if our coaches can't poach some of their commits by signing day, we are in deep doo doo.
We need to play well the rest of the season, win the East, at least be competitive in the SECCG, and WIN our bowl game. The recruits should follow.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We need to play well the rest of the season, win the East, at least be competitive in the SECCG, and WIN our bowl game. The recruits should follow.

Much easier said than done, but I agree.

Honestly, we need to have a Plan B lined up at this position. I don't care if the kid is committed to FAU or USF. We need a DT that can redshirt and be ready to play in 2018. With what we have coming back, plus the JUCO and Riles (or another OL) moving over we should have some bodies next year. We need to be ready for 2018 and beyond as well.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
You never know. They could see it as "an opportunity to play early"....or in a negative light. UT was trending up, big time, before the 3-game losing streak (and this past week or so of the Hurd issue). If the "Butch might get fired" talk continues it could definitely impact recruiting. On the other hand, it didn't impact UGA much last year when Richt got canned.
i still think all the hype behind Eason is why that class stuck it out. Nauta wasn't going anywhere without out him. If he had flipped to anyone Nauta was going with him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need to play well the rest of the season, win the East, at least be competitive in the SECCG, and WIN our bowl game.
We've been finishing eighth or so in the SEC in recruiting. Seven of those teams ahead of us arent Alabama. They still manage to recruit well enough to be better than us and about half of them have terrible offenses.

Excuses are for losers.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
i still think all the hype behind Eason is why that class stuck it out. Nauta wasn't going anywhere without out him. If he had flipped to anyone Nauta was going with him.

Honestly, it doesn't matter what the reason...Smart still had a very good first class. Eason is taking some lumps right now, but he'll very likely be a 1st round draft pick and very good the next 2 years (unless UGA's OL continues to sh*t the bed, like ours has for 5 years now).

Back on topic....we still need 1 or 2 more "real" DT's in this class. And on that note, again, I hope this staff finds a diamond in the rough Plan B guy because I think it's less than 50/50 that we land another top DT commit.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I know they have areas dude but linemen are most interested in their position coach.

I'd think that'd be true of players at any position.

Maybe they need to have the non-coaching staff arranged geographically to ensure leak-proof coverage as they sift through and evaluate the high school players, but try to have all coach-to-prospect contacts be made by the appropriate position coach.

Developing a great relationship with the DB coach may not be a deal-maker if you're an offensive lineman. Or vice versa.

(Well DUH?!?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.