DT Jordon Scott Decommits

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So we have a couple of options since Jordon Scott porked up. Truesdell seems to be our best option. The kid from Clearwater (Kane Taylor) needs to qualify academically, which isn't good. I wonder if there's another Plan B if these options fall through. For example, here's a DT committed to USF from Sarasota Booker HS, Kelvin Pinkney: 6'2 287lbs: http://247sports.com/player/kelvin-pinkney-88189
From the outside looking in, why would we not be hotter on this kid? Would the staff rather play walkons and 250 lbs converted de's? with our depth chart looking the way it is, its time to start reaching.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From the outside looking in, why would we not be hotter on this kid? Would the staff rather play walkons and 250 lbs converted de's? with our depth chart looking the way it is, its time to start reaching.

I agree. And it's much better than taking zero DTs! Sure, he's not highly ranked...but you bring him in, redshirt him, let him develop for a full year....then he gets some reps as a redshirt freshman 300lb DT and hopefully by the time he's a junior he's either a starter or playing significant downs....and again, it's better than taking ZERO!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LULZ whatever. Zero chance we get any of those guys. We will be in Trash City signing backups who didn't even play in high school.

Sidehat pimp juicing.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LULZ whatever. Zero chance we get any of those guys. We will be in Trash City signing backups who didn't even play in high school.

Sidehat pimp juicing.
You're probably right.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If any of you are bored, take a look at the 247 Top DT's:

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Fo...kings?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&Position=DT

There's a bunch of "Plan B's" on here...and plenty of first rate kids. The #37 DT is a teammate of our QB commit at St. Thomas Aquinas....and he's committed to Tennessee. WTF??????

In fact, Tennessee has FOUR of the top 50 DT's committed! #12 & #16 (from the Virginia Beach area), #37 & #46. WTF??????

Jordon Scott is ranked #56.

The #65 kid is from Jacksonville...and he's committed to Colorado State. WTF???? If that doesn't scream Plan B, I don't know what does!

#67 from Deerfield Beach, 6'1 295 and uncommitted.

#83 from American Heritage HS in Ft. Lauderdale, 6'2 290....uncommitted.

#85 from Florida, uncommitted. 6'5 295

#87 committed to FAU.

#92 committed to FAU.

#94 from Deerfield Beach, FL, uncommitted

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If any of you are bored, take a look at the 247 Top DT's:

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Fo...kings?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&Position=DT

There's a bunch of "Plan B's" on here...and plenty of first rate kids. The #37 DT is a teammate of our QB commit at St. Thomas Aquinas....and he's committed to Tennessee. WTF??????

In fact, Tennessee has FOUR of the top 50 DT's committed! #12 & #16 (from the Virginia Beach area), #37 & #46. WTF??????

The #65 kid is from Jacksonville...and he's committed to Colorado State. WTF???? If that doesn't scream Plan B, I don't know what does!

#87 committed to FAU.

#92 committed to FAU.

UT is in full meltdown, if our coaches can't poach some of their commits by signing day, we are in deep doo doo.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

#87 committed to FAU.

#92 committed to FAU.

Really, dude, we should never, never be looking that low in the ranking anyway. Every now and then there is a kid who fits your scheme or has some aptitude that you the think the scouts missed, or maybe just a desperation reach because you screwed up and can't land better but must sign a body. However, we really shouldn't generally looking at guys like Scott at #56 is because the scouts WERE right, he got too fat.

We are FLORIDA not Florida Atlantic.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Really, dude, we should never, never be looking that low in the ranking anyway. Every now and then there is a kid who fits your scheme or has some aptitude that you the think the scouts missed, or maybe just a desperation reach because you screwed up and can't land better but must sign a body. However, we really shouldn't generally looking at guys like Scott at #56 is because the scouts WERE right, he got too fat.

We are FLORIDA not Florida Atlantic.

I understand that.....but at this point we need to get a Plan B or we're f'd. We signed zero last year and have 1 freshman coming in this class. We have a JUCO who will be a junior, giving us: Clark & Bryan as upperclassman.....and that's it. Polite will likely be moved and they obviously plan to play 260lb CeCe there occasionally. I'm sure they plan to use Riles also a DT. But next year we'll have ONE underclassman, not counting Polite. I say we go hard after the UT commits and especially the kid at STA. We cannot afford to only sign one freshman. There's got to be a kid in that top 30-60 we can take as a Plan B.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Also, BMF don't forget that there may be some disillusioned LSU recruits.?? One here, one there = adds up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Clearly you misunderstood. I'm not suggesting we take only one freshman, I'm suggesting we fire motherfvkkers and hire someone who can recruit in the top half of the recruiting pool.

I've seen more than enough from most of the assistants.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Clearly you misunderstood. I'm not suggesting we take only one freshman, I'm suggesting we fire motherfvkkers and hire someone who can recruit in the top half of the recruiting pool.

You don't think rumph can recruit ?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Well, that I agree with! There are - at a minimum - two staff members that need to be let go.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to break it to yall but its not nord and summers fault we haven't signed any dt's.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thats why I said most of the assistants, not two. (I know it isnt going to happen.)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thats why I said most of the assistants, not two. (I know it isnt going to happen.)
I think rumphs a good recruiter. I think he recruits who hes told to recruit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Youbare what your record says you are. Besides, the recruiting assignments are geographical.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know they have areas dude but linemen are most interested in their position coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what your point is. no one is debating that side hat and rump have culpability here. it is year three and they still can't land defensive tackles or inside linebackers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator