DT Jordon Scott Decommits

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just so somewhere else he doesn't throw his weight around dominating opposing offenses.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Although we need bodies, I wouldn't want a guy who might have a heart attack while trotting on the field!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Scott is ESPNs #47 DT and I honestly don't know what the deal is with him. I think we'd heard the staff was cooling on him and his weight issue, but instead of being motivated to better himself, he chooses to go Minnesota. Has he ever been to Minnesota in the winter? I hope the best for him, but I suspect he's got some issues that would pop up eventually.
Moving on, we're looking at Truesdale #32.
Offers out to:
J. Twyman #28 http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/213015/jaylen-twyman
E. McNeil #22 http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/217320/emmanuel-mcneil
A. Sterling #15 http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/205310/aaron-sterling
D. Wade-Perry #13 http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/210605/dalyn-wade-perry
and 4 other guys in the top 10. Alabama can't get em all can they?

As for Telfort, well, if he's going to FAU, then there's definitely something going on there we want nothing to do with.

Good list and thanks for posting.

Honestly, I wasn't too excited about the kid to begin with...but we do NEED DT's in this class. So, on that I was okay w/ taking him. Unless he's replaced w/ another DT this is a problem (and we all know it). A kid like him would have been a perfect Plan B in the last class, but the staff signed no DTs. I'd love to land Truesdale AND a Plan B (to give us 4 in this class). Hopefully we don't whiff and only end up with 2.

I still think we need to move a OL over to DL (or two). McCoy is only 6'1 and Buchanan is 6'2. Those are two candidates.

Also, you have to think when Riles returns he is moved to DL full-time. He's played in at least 6 games as a DT. And honestly, he's no different than Fred Johnson so do we really need him back on that side of the ball? Well, if we whiff on OL's in this class he may be needed on the OL....

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Not worried at all. I don't know if y'all are tracking this WR we got. He is supposed to be a BEAST!!!!! His name is Ahmad Fulwood, and I am sure he will light it up next year!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good list and thanks for posting.

Honestly, I wasn't too excited about the kid to begin with...but we do NEED DT's in this class. So, on that I was okay w/ taking him. Unless he's replaced w/ another DT this is a problem (and we all know it). A kid like him would have been a perfect Plan B in the last class, but the staff signed no DTs. I'd love to land Truesdale AND a Plan B (to give us 4 in this class). Hopefully we don't whiff and only end up with 2.

I still think we need to move a OL over to DL (or two). McCoy is only 6'1 and Buchanan is 6'2. Those are two candidates.

Also, you have to think when Riles returns he is moved to DL full-time. He's played in at least 6 games as a DT. And honestly, he's no different than Fred Johnson so do we really need him back on that side of the ball? Well, if we whiff on OL's in this class he may be needed on the OL....
Riles should be a no brainer to move over next year. As far as the others go, idk how many we can afford to lose on that side.We dont have any olinemen committed n this class either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Riles should be a no brainer to move over next year. As far as the others go, idk how many we can afford to lose on that side.We dont have any olinemen committed n this class either.
#%&*&@#%^&&^%$###$%^%^$%$

:law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law:

:law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law::law:

WHAT THE FVKK IS GOING ON???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE WE ACTUALLY PAYING THESE FVKKING IDIOTS FOR THIS?

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I don't get this whole recruiting fiasco; how can these guys not understand the significance of recruiting top -notch lineman? Especially since bama's dominate Oline was such a big part of Mac's success there. The bottom line is that our staff just--for whatever reason--isn't capable of recruiting lineman. As we all know, that has to change, or we're going to be left in mediocrity for another 4 years. I'm just hoping that the product on the field will advance enough to offset these guys' lack of personality. Because staff changes at this point could hurt us even more (if that's possible).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think it's possible to hurt us anymore recruiting wise. Even though I didn't think it was possible for us to recruit this bad at Florida so who knows .

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Thanks... I like hearing that Donaldson may flip from Miami, but how is it possible we would only have 1 OL commit. I don't understand what makes us so unattractive to OL right now...

Let me think about it... what has been the consistent factor over the past 3 years... has there been one thing or person who has been here...? Ah... the OL coach.... SUMMERS!

Seriously... what is it going to take to replace him. We have got to be able to get some guys out of LSU or something.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

So we have a couple of options since Jordon Scott porked up. Truesdell seems to be our best option. The kid from Clearwater (Kane Taylor) needs to qualify academically, which isn't good. I wonder if there's another Plan B if these options fall through. For example, here's a DT committed to USF from Sarasota Booker HS, Kelvin Pinkney: 6'2 287lbs: http://247sports.com/player/kelvin-pinkney-88189

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks... I like hearing that Donaldson may flip from Miami, but how is it possible we would only have 1 OL commit. I don't understand what makes us so unattractive to OL right now...

Let me think about it... what has been the consistent factor over the past 3 years... has there been one thing or person who has been here...? Ah... the OL coach.... SUMMERS!

Seriously... what is it going to take to replace him. We have got to be able to get some guys out of LSU or something.

Agree and if he's kept on the staff (along w/ Nord) McElwain might as well pack his bags. It's inexcusable.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Every time this thread is bumped, I'm looking for the 'recommitted' cycle to kick in. This forum has trained bad habits for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.