DT prospect from Leesburg (Aubrey Solomon)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
4-star kid, 6'4 296lbs. Mother was in the Navy, so he's lived all over the country. Has UF in his top 5.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec-news...-nations-no-5-dt-feels-at-home-in-sec-country

For the nation’s No. 5 defensive tackle, home is wherever the Navy sends him.

“With my mom being in the military,” Solomon said, “I’ve done a lot of moving.”

Solomon was born in Fresno, California, but has lived in five different states growing up.

He and his family moved from Cali to Arizona, then to Virginia and back to Arizona. From there they lived in Las Vegas for a couple years before relocating to Georgia in 2009.

“We were supposed to move from the South again,” Solomon said. “But I told her it felt like home, so we stayed.”

It’s in the South where Solomon has developed into an elite recruit and grown into a towering 6-foot-4, 296-pound defensive tackle at Lee County High School.

“When I lived in California and Las Vegas, my little brother was bigger than me,” Solomon said. “He used to bully me a lot, beat me up and everything. Then I moved to the South, and I guess with that southern-style cooking, I got big out of nowhere.”

It didn’t take long for his newfound size to translate into talent. In the last game of his freshman season, Solomon had a breakout performance highlighted by two sacks and four tackles for loss.

“Ole Miss and Mississippi State were there and they both offered me right after the game,” Solomon said.

Since then, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia and several other schools have followed suit. The opportunity to play in the SEC is appealing to Solomon.

“The SEC has all the juggernauts,” he said. “Just big, talented D-linemen. I know there’s a rich history in the SEC and that gives them the upper hand.”

But where Solomon will play college ball is still to be determined. He has named three different leaders in the past four months and is attracted to out-of-state schools.

Maybe he’s itching to move again.

His current top five in order is Alabama, Oregon, Clemson, Auburn and Florida. Solomon became enamored with Oregon when he lived in California and also has interest in Michigan because he’s a 49ers fan.

Distance obviously isn’t a barrier.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Usually when 3 star players are mentioned, there's a ton of responses in a short amount of time. Don't know much about Aubrey Solomon, but his childhood life sounds like mine growing up as my dad was in the Navy.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have a 20% chance to sign him.....

Great odds. :bart:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Naval air stations, training centers and recruitment offices don't need to be oceanfront.
:peabody:

There are plenty of navy bases nowhere near the ocean... Fallon, NV (NAS), Milligan, TN, Chicago/Great lakes (recruiting command).

Plus w/ BRAC (the base closings), there are several joint commands and/or joint bases.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
There are plenty of navy bases nowhere near the ocean... Fallon, NV (NAS), Milligan, TN, Chicago/Great lakes (recruiting command).

Plus w/ BRAC (the base closings), there are several joint commands and/or joint bases.

10-4...though Great Lakes NTC is hardly land-locked. February wind coming off Lake Michigan is coldest I've ever felt and that includes years spent north of the Arctic Circle.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
10-4...though Great Lakes NTC is hardly land-locked. February wind coming off Lake Michigan is coldest I've ever felt and that includes years spent north of the Arctic Circle.

Right...but there's no battle ships or air craft carriers in the great lakes! (Thank God I went to boot camp in San Diego!)

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Right...but there's no battle ships or air craft carriers in the great lakes! (Thank God I went to boot camp in San Diego!)

10-4 again though I doubt there are any battleships on the high seas either these days (unless they're museums!) I booted in Orlando. Attended ET school @ GL right on the lake shore. Nasty cold.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
10-4 again though I doubt there are any battleships on the high seas either these days (unless they're museums!) I booted in Orlando. Attended ET school @ GL right on the lake shore. Nasty cold.

Boot camp and Hospital Corpsman school in San Diego! Great city!

I'm a O4 in the Coast Guard now!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

My son had boot camp and FC school at Great Lakes. He spent the entire winter there while in FC school. He said one afternoon while he was walking home from the gym it started snowing on him. Nothing unusual with that...except this poor southern boy though he'd seen the last of the snow, since it was the LAST day of APRIL. He said he was actually pissed when it started snowing. He was absolutely sick of the weather...

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Went to ET "A" & "B" schools at the Lakes in the 60's. Used to put us on dumpster watch in the middle of the night in the winter. Definitely colder than any place I've ever been..

Hey, come to think of it, we should hjave had a dumpster watch when Chump was here...Maybe could have prevented the dumpster fire!!

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Boot camp and Hospital Corpsman school in San Diego! Great city!

I'm a O4 in the Coast Guard now!

Congrats and thank you for your continued service. I left Navy honorably over 34 years ago after spending most of my career underwater on nuclear subs as a reactor operator. Unlimited overtime, no pay!! Gotta love it!!
:bananadance2:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Went to ET "A" & "B" schools at the Lakes in the 60's. Used to put us on dumpster watch in the middle of the night in the winter. Definitely colder than any place I've ever been..

Hey, come to think of it, we should hjave had a dumpster watch when Chump was here...Maybe could have prevented the dumpster fire!!

Coulda used a fire in the dumpster at Great Lakes!!!

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Congrats and thank you for your continued service. I left Navy honorably over 34 years ago after spending most of my career underwater on nuclear subs as a reactor operator. Unlimited overtime, no pay!! Gotta love it!!
I also spent my time punching holes in the ocean.. Riding fast attacks as a spook.. Went to some strange places during the cold war...

DCab

Mar 18, 2016

No carriers currently but during WWII there was a training carrier in one of the great lakes. They used it to practice takeoffs but not landings if I recall correctly.

DCab

Mar 18, 2016
I also spent my time punching holes in the ocean.. Riding fast attacks as a spook.. Went to some strange places during the cold war...

I spoke to a guy in Savannah once who was on a sub during the cold war. He told me about radio traffic while they were in Turkey during the Cuban missile crisis, also about sitting inside a Russian Navy port looking through the periscope, and doing something with undersea cables in the Pacific. My uncle was stationed in the Aleutians listening to Russian radio traffic. Interesting stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.