DT prospect from Leesburg (Aubrey Solomon)

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
His current top five in order is Alabama, Oregon, Clemson, Auburn and Florida. Solomon became enamored with Oregon when he lived in California and also has interest in Michigan because he’s a 49ers fan.

I hope he's smarter than to think Harbaugh will be at MICH for the kid's full 3-4 yrs.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I spoke to a guy in Savannah once who was on a sub during the cold war. He told me about radio traffic while they were in Turkey during the Cuban missile crisis, also about sitting inside a Russian Navy port looking through the periscope, and doing something with undersea cables in the Pacific. My uncle was stationed in the Aleutians listening to Russian radio traffic. Interesting stuff.
DCAB!!!! Is it really you?!?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is! I got sick of the GSMB and decided to come over here and lurk.

Untitled-14.jpg
Unc?

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No carriers currently but during WWII there was a training carrier in one of the great lakes. They used it to practice takeoffs but not landings if I recall correctly.
Unless they loaded the planes back on the flight deck with cranes from shore, they must not have done too many take-offs because they would have run out of planes without any of them landing.

DCab

Mar 18, 2016
Unless they loaded the planes back on the flight deck with cranes from shore, they must not have done too many take-offs because they would have run out of planes without any of them landing.
Here is an article on them.
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02/lake_michigan_navy_carriers.html
There were two converted paddle steamers and they did take off and land on them. The Navy also ran a drone program off of one. Another little known fact - the U.S. used B-17 drones in the Pacific during WWII.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Boot camp and Hospital Corpsman school in San Diego! Great city!

I'm a O4 in the Coast Guard now!

Dude! I must've missed that! When did you promote? Belated congrats, LCDR!

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016

I can think of one mission - though not in Great Lakes - where the planes were loaded by crane, took off once never to return to the carrier...Doolittle's Raid.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can think of one mission - though not in Great Lakes - where the planes were loaded by crane, took off once never to return to the carrier...Doolittle's Raid.

Hey Lurker Lake, you're approaching having more "likes" than posts ... that's stellar.
I want to reserve for your seminar. :brad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.