Eagles Farewell Tour Mar 4th Orlando

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Eagles are on of my top two or three bands. I've been to four concerts. It didn't really bother me that Meisner, Leadon and Felder had been replaced by Schmit, and Walsh. I haven't heard them since Frey died. But now with Frey gone and Henley over the hill like I am, it's gotta be time to give it up.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Eagles are on of my top two or three bands. I've been to four concerts. I didn't really bother me that Meisner, Leadon and Felder had been replaced by Schmit, and Walsh. I haven't heard them since Frey died. But it's gotta be time to give it up.

Maybe just rumors, but I’ve heard Henley’s to the point he’s even quoting himself occasionally on message boards. It’s heart wrenching to watch.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Maybe just rumors, but I’ve heard Henley’s to the point he’s even quoting himself occasionally on message boards. It’s heart wrenching to watch.
robert downey jr laughing GIF

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

While I’m not a fan of such (misnamed) establishments, I do know a couple of women who patronize them at least occasionally.

That said, I’m pretty confident CD does not fall into that category—my comment was made in jest.

Alex.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While I’m not a fan of such (misnamed) establishments, I do know a couple of women who patronize them at least occasionally.

That said, I’m pretty confident CD does not fall into that category—my comment was made in jest.

Alex.
The second part I totally believe. However, the “While I’m not a fan of such (misnamed) establishments” part…paint me as somewhat skeptical. And not that I’ve ever spent any time comparatively studying these artistic presentations…

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The second part I totally believe. However, the “While I’m not a fan of such (misnamed) establishments” part…paint me as somewhat skeptical. And not that I’ve ever spent any time comparatively studying these artistic presentations…

100% authentic.

I never liked them. My ego was repulsed by the idea of paying for a girl’s attention. I wanted a girl to talk to me because I was charming and funny, not because I had 20 dollar bills in my pocket. I preferred to go into a social setting and talk to a pretty girl on my own merits. I guess it’s like fly fishing using your own ties versus buying a bag of farm raised frozen tilapia filets. Sometimes they don’t bite, sometimes you get a nibble but they get away, sometimes you catch something and you throw it back, but sometimes you’re fortunate enough to land a really spectacular catch.

I’d go if the situation required it (like a bachelor party where I was a groomsman or the best man), but they always made me feel weird.

Full disclosure—I tease sofla for doing it, but I actually dated a stripper too. :embarrassed:

Alex.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
100% authentic.

I never liked them. My ego was repulsed by the idea of paying for a girl’s attention. I wanted a girl to talk to me because I was charming and funny, not because I had 20 dollar bills in my pocket. I preferred to go into a social setting and talk to a pretty girl on my own merits. I guess it’s like fly fishing using your own ties versus buying a bag of farm raised frozen tilapia filets. Sometimes they don’t bite, sometimes you get a nibble but they get away, sometimes you catch something and you throw it back, but sometimes you’re fortunate enough to land a really spectacular catch.

I’d go if the situation required it (like a bachelor party where I was a groomsman or the best man), but they always made me feel weird.

Full disclosure—I tease sofla for doing it, but I actually dated a stripper too. :embarrassed:

Alex.
On the advice of Counsel I’ll allow it. And technically speaking, “dating” a stripper implies an intellectual relationship, so obviously held in higher regard than simply frequenting said establishments, for artistic expressions, etc.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Alex.

In WP, specifically at Rachel’s and Diamonds, it was extremely common for women to be there with their boyfriends or husbands. Diamonds was the after-after hours place so they’d go there still hoping to hook up. And you’d sometimes see even old women groups like Red Hats having lunch at Rachel’s. Always thought it was strange.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In WP, specifically at Rachel’s and Diamonds, it was extremely common for women to be there with their boyfriends or husbands. Diamonds was the after-after hours place so they’d go there still hoping to hook up. And you’d sometimes see even old women groups like Red Hats having lunch at Rachel’s. Always thought it was strange.
Wait a minute…so CD is a member of the Red Hats? Didn’t think she met membership qualifications!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The life expectancy is way lower in Appalachia. So late 30s/early 40s there is like 60s/70s everywhere else.

When I worked at Red Hat I would host a lot of customer lunches.
Every now and then a host/hostess would ask:
"Red Hat.. you mean like those old lady lunch groups?"

And of course I would reply:
"Why yes, just like those..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members