Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My first thought was we need to raid their recruits but after looking at the list, not so much.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

Maybe we can get him downgraded to a 3star before he commits? We do have a reputation to uphold.

Still, I had not imagined the Muschamp effect coming full circle this way - having highly rated recruits flip TO us based on having Muschamp become their HBC. There wa a lot of gnashing of teeth about WM taking recruits from FL to AU with him when he switched (not that I can think of ANY of the AU players I'd want to have, so there is that in hindsight), but this is especially nice that his arrival may drive higher ranked kids our way through no effort on our part.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Phone rings at Eason's house. "Hello this is Coach Muschamp. We could really use you at South Carolina. now listen, I know that Roper is a spread guy by nature, but trust me when i say that I will force him to run the ball a lot more. I have reviewed your tape and you can do a great hand off for the dive play up the middle which we will run on 1st and 2nd down. With this simplicity there is no way you are not my starter day 1. I have coached a lot of DB talent and can tell you that you will never throw a ball where they can pick it off. We are the fit for you just basically because Florida wants you and my game plan is to just follow them around and try to recruit their players as well. Hello, are you still there son. I am getting angry because you won't speak to me. I just broke the white board again because of you."

I am seriously waiting for reports of him contacting everyone of our commits.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Some more wood on the fire

I’ve Crystal Ball’d QB Jacob Eason to UF. Certainly not a done deal. Based on what I’m told, I think he flips. - Josh Newberg

and
https://www.dawgnation.com/football...itted-but-will-decide-between-uga-and-florida

“I knew Florida was a pretty good option because coach (Doug Nussemier) and (Florida head coach Jim McElwain) are both from around here,” Eason told the Herald. “So I set up a trip there to go check that out and ended up really liking it. There’s a lot of good things. Coach Nuss coached at (Washington) and Coach Mac graduated from Eastern Washington and they’ve both got good track records.”

“I’m still committed (to Georgia) but I’m going to have to decide between the two,” Eason told the Herald. “The positives and negatives and all that stuff. Over this year, with coach Richt getting fired and all that stuff (Florida) kind of popped up. The coaches have been wanting me to come down for awhile so I came down and I liked it a lot. Its a great school and a great opportunity there, too. It’s going to come down, ultimately, to what I decide and where I feel comfortable.”

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Navet is gonna be pissed

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I guess it depends on who Kirby hires as an oc. I can't imagine he would be able to find someone as familiar with the kid as nussmeier is.

This is true. Kirby has to land a proven pro-style OC and QB coach very quickly if he wants to keep Eason. Florida is a known quantity.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like Georgias long time girlfriend took a shot at some strange and liked how it felt.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is true. Kirby has to land a proven pro-style OC and QB coach very quickly if he wants to keep Eason. Florida is a known quantity.
The problem is that Kirby is locked up with Bama until the end of the month when the dead period kicks in. He technically cannot hire or recruit while donning Crimson. Only way out of it is if he quits and negates his contracts

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The problem is that Kirby is locked up with Bama until the end of the month when the dead period kicks in. He technically cannot hire or recruit while donning Crimson. Only way out of it is if he quits and negates his contracts
And defy Saban. Please Kirby has been the puppy on the leash for years only now getting let off of it because it's his Alma Mater. Any other school and it would have been another year of Saban telling him the time wasn't right or it wasn't the right gig.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
What about your 2 front teeth?
That's SQ
tether1.bmp

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Well that is interesting. UF Registration deadline is midnight Jan 11th. Coincidentally the NC game is Jan 11th. However I don't believe Kirby actually does the hiring, UGA does. Kirby has (so I've read) hired an administrative assistant who can take care of all those things related to the new move. So i guess Kirby can let that administrative assistant go to all the meetings with the agents of prospective coaching assistants, etc. and seal the deal. I wonder how that will work itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator