Easy games out of the way! Now it gets hard

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n50820 said:
We had to block a punt in 2012 to beat Louisiana Lafayette and still won 11 games. Just trying to cling to any reasoning for me to believe we'll be alright this year

We're going to be alright. Either we have a good year, or we don't and we get a good coach. Win/Win.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How can a Muschamp put together coaching staff turn out an entire gathering of top athletes who can be matched by
Kentucky's crew ?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Mizzu clubs us. If that inaccurate Driskel Clone playing for Kintucky goes wild on our secondary, Mauk will have 600 yards.
My concern too, he carved us up last year as a backup getting to start. He's even better now

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n50821 said:
We're going to be alright. Either we have a good year, or we don't and we get a good coach. Win/Win.
Navy, I'm not sure I agree.

I just don't have that "It's 2005 again" feeling. As I look around at the coaches, we just don't have SOS and Meyer lined up for the job. I don't even see anyone available who isn't severely flawed or a guy with big blank spots on his resume. There just isn't that young, hot coach sitting out there waiting for us to hire him.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n50848 said:

I just don't have that "It's 2005 again" feeling. As I look around at the coaches, we just don't have SOS and Meyer lined up for the job. I don't even see anyone available who isn't severely flawed or a guy with big blank spots on his resume. There just isn't that young, hot coach sitting out there waiting for us to hire him.

But, but, but all we have to do is offer Charlie Strong enough money. He'll come home to us!

/sarcasm

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n50848 said:

So what are you saying? He should just be kept because there are no immediately obvious alternatives?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n50863 said:
So what are you saying? He should just be kept because there are no immediately obvious alternatives?
I don't think there is a scenario in which law thinks WM should be kept. I think he means he is not sure it's a win win and that we'll land some great coach. There isn't a sure fire hire out there right now and honestly is there ever? We thought Meyer was a great hire at the time but there were several that questioned whether his offense could work in the SEC and we certainly had a rough time in 05. Outside of Saban is there another sure fire can't miss hire? Probably not.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we decide to go in another direction I think we're probably going to have to over pay a slightly above average head coach.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
If we decide to go in another direction I think we're probably going to have to over pay a slightly above average head coach.
We will be excited about it either way

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I'd take Elmer Fudd at this point.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n50868 said:
I don't think there is a scenario in which law thinks WM should be kept. I think he means he is not sure it's a win win and that we'll land some great coach. There isn't a sure fire hire out there right now and honestly is there ever? We thought Meyer was a great hire at the time but there were several that questioned whether his offense could work in the SEC and we certainly had a rough time in 05. Outside of Saban is there another sure fire can't miss hire? Probably not.

You're spot on, Mr The Dude. There are obviously scenarios (unlikely) which will result in Mush being retained. No matter how well we do this year, his philosophy is such that he'll never have sustained success. I had great feelings about both SOS and Nurvous Creyer. My only concern at the time was when USC snatched SOS and ND swooped in to tempt Creyer.

I'm just not feeling it when I look around the minor leagues at the likely subjects. Frankly, we may end up with an OC and Roper has as good a resume as any of them. If I were Fooley I'd be tempted to give him the interim around November 1 and see how it shakes out this year and next.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Losing to bama won't kill us, losing bad to bama could seriously effect the confidence of the team. As my article before the year started, the TN game is crucial for the reasons stated. We have the talent to win most of those games. Need both the coaches to do a better job and the players, especially at QB and Oline.

Before the season started Vegas had us as 21 points underdogs to Bama, it's down to 16.5 as shown at oddsshark, a couple of lucky bounces and it could happen.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Law98gator;n50848 said:

Boy Law really has changed in the last two weeks :lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
oxrageous;n50863 said:
To be fair, Meyer was a great hire "at that time". The SEC just burned him out quickly. He is not the same man today as he was when we was at UF the first 4 years.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw said:
Really Law? The defense allowed absolutely nothing until they got so tired from the offense. They'll clean up the coverages, and we stopped their run game almost all night instead of a couple Qb scrambles.
Yea this is the most sunshine pumping comment ive heard all season so far. We absolutely dominated TOP, more so that even last year. For some, total belief is all that is needed, no amount of facts are enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.