G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G 2 said:
Gatorphan;n55920 said:
Why even discuss Driskel is my point. Isn't there bigger issues?

Driskel's 93 yards passing was as much a problem as the 600+ yards the defense gave up.
OK

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
G 2 said:
Driskel definitely played bad. A lot of blame falls on the offense but how much do you blame the defense for giving up the most yards in school history?
Well all the missed opportunities many directly due to poor QB play are the issue. The defense gave up several big plays and at the end were just out there too long. Not that better QB play alone would have won the game but it would have been more competitive. Missed open receivers and poor throws make Jeff's time over.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to say that I'm ok with benching Driskel. I just think we should be discussing more important issues.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Shaerona said:
I didn't read that as pinning the loss on JD. Obviously, the real responsibility lies with Muschamp ;-)
Well I don't put it all on coach, but as the HBC he takes the heat for everything.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At the very least, Harris should have been in on tho last drive.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan said:
Why even discuss Driskel is my point. Isn't there bigger issues?
There are no bigger issues than a QB who can't or won't perform.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n56017 said:

They didn't want to create any more noise about the QB situation. What kind of promise did Muschamp make to Driskel when hired I wonder.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :( said:
Emmitt Smith must be one of those haters that doesn't know football, amirite? ;)
As a player, you would think he would defend Driskel but no...he agrees with me. Driskel is terrible. I mean he runs the ball pretty good sometimes but even a blind squirrel finds a nut when he is hungry. Driskel isn't the only problem but he is a pretty big problem.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
GatorJB;n56017 said:

They didn't want to create any more noise about the QB situation. What kind of promise did Muschamp make to Driskel when hired I wonder.
At this point you have to put blackmail on the table.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
GatorJB;n56017 said:

Driskel rode up on his scooter and took pictures of Muschamp getting on his Harley with one of our former women's volleyball players.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
GatorJB;n56017 said:

Exactly...no one with any football acumen can call Driskel an SEC QB.

Sep 6, 2014
honestly, i don't give a damn about a kid missing a few throws if he's at least playing with passion and energy and being a team leader. Driskel has NONE of the qualities you look for in a dynamic QB. he's a deer in headlights at all times. rushes every throw, scared to run, misreads most option plays, etc. there's ZERO fire in that dude. he's a failure, plain and simple.

and, yeah, some of the Driskel backlash is over the top, but it's just SO DAMN FRUSTRATING watching this **** show of an offense. keeping Driskel in the game late today was inexcusable. no one can explain that away. Muschamp has COMPLETELY lost control of this thing and, amazingly, it might get even uglier than last year (especially if you look at our next four games).

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n56017 said:

He should of seen the field for the whole 4th quarter. Maybe even 1 series in the third. JD doesn't have the mental aspect to play college ball, period! time to move on.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Driskel was a train wreck, OL sucks, LB suck, secondary sucks and our WR may suck most of all. DL was about the only positive in this game...until they got wore out
Eff you Dude!

Signed,
Kyle Christy

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n55944 said:
Poor defense....difficult to play when the offense is offensive....Why not try a different leader???

Poor defense? They just gave up the most yards in Gator HISTORY...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB said:
Absolutely, how else are you going to get them time. He should have been in.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Emmitt Smith for Head Coach!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.