Emmitt on Driskel

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDoctorJones said:
honestly, i don't give a damn about a kid missing a few throws if he's at least playing with passion and energy and being a team leader. Driskel has NONE of the qualities you look for in a dynamic QB. he's a deer in headlights at all times. rushes every throw, scared to run, misreads most option plays, etc. there's ZERO fire in that dude. he's a failure, plain and simple.

and, yeah, some of the Driskel backlash is over the top, but it's just SO DAMN FRUSTRATING watching this **** show of an offense. keeping Driskel in the game late today was inexcusable. no one can explain that away. Muschamp has COMPLETELY lost control of this thing and, amazingly, it might get even uglier than last year (especially if you look at our next four games).
Well said.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Something that is crystal clear is that Driskhole is not Tebow. Not only is he not Tebow, Driskhole is the polar opposite of Tebow. Tebow willed his team to victories. Tebow led his team and inspired his team. I can't honestly say that Driskhole even has a team. No one wants to play for him, and I can't blame them. Driskhole lacks intangibles and any semblance of a football IQ.

Driskhole is the anti-Tebow in so many ways. Let Harris start. Give us hope. Give the team hope.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The game is about confidence and momentum. When the momentum is seized, you must take advantage of that. When the leader performs well, those around him step up. All of these dynamics are missing from this team. There is no player leadership, and they are not buying into what the coaches are selling. We could rise above this mediocrity...but it appears that we won't, and that starts with the leadership. Both the O and the D need a leader that they will play for, that gets their attention during the game, and will actually overcome their failures. That requires inspiration and belief...both of which have disappeared from this program.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dabo is a mediocre coach at best, with great talent and little to show for it except Spurrier's boot marks all over his ass.

That being said, even he, playing the #1 defending national champ on the road, benched a senior starting QB, and team captain, in favor of a freshman. A freshman who didn't really play poorly either.

Our dunce can only get his head out of his ass long enough to order Roper to call three straight running plays up the gut right after our defense was gassed after an eight minute drive, yet only down 7 at the time.:facepalm:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Drops are NOT acceptable. You're right about the snowball effect but it starts when you can't rely on your receivers to make catch to keep a drive alive. You can make up for a lot of deficiencies but the basic ability to catch a football in the game of football is pretty hard to overcome.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDoctorJones;n56860 said:
a handful of other former Gators are calling out the team and specifically calling for Driskel to be benched. but guess they're just whiny Internet trolls too...

http://www.onlygators.com/09/20/201...as-no-3-alabama-roasts-florida-in-tuscaloosa/

Wow that needs its own thread. Lots of stuff jumps out at me:
1. No one impressed or hopeful that Driskel will ever come around
2. Everyone recognizes VH3
3. Everyone recognizes our DBs are lost
4. These guys are barely literate, as judged by the entire body of work.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDoctorJones;n56860 said:
a handful of other former Gators are calling out the team and specifically calling for Driskel to be benched. but guess they're just whiny Internet trolls too...

http://www.onlygators.com/09/20/201...as-no-3-alabama-roasts-florida-in-tuscaloosa/

Some reality there but I think this is off the mark some as we did do that in 2012 in some games.

Johnny Rutledge @JRut58 Follow You can't play stellar defense without some type if offensive help or threat.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n56806 said:
Drops are NOT acceptable. You're right about the snowball effect but it starts when you can't rely on your receivers to make catch to keep a drive alive. You can make up for a lot of deficiencies but the basic ability to catch a football in the game of football is pretty hard to overcome.

Every game I watched had dropped balls but they had QBs that could actually play decent unlike Driskel and they drove on.

Sep 6, 2014
Gator Fever;n56898 said:
Some reality there but I think this is off the mark some as we did do that in 2012 in some games.

Johnny Rutledge @JRut58 Follow You can't play stellar defense without some type if offensive help or threat.

agreed. and the Ravens did it for awhile with friggin Trent Dilfer at the helm. hilarious that anyone is using bad offense as an excuse for our inept defense when the first couple plays of the game were busted coverages. there's no logical excuse for any of this.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix said:
Yup. If you want your QB to be a leader and play with confidence you need to quit dropping balls. I can deal with a QB that has some misses but on a big 3rd down on the road you have to catch those. Dunbar is killing me, two weeks in a row drive killer.

Swamp A-S

Aug 22, 2014
TheDoctorJones said:
honestly, i don't give a damn about a kid missing a few throws if he's at least playing with passion and energy and being a team leader. Driskel has NONE of the qualities you look for in a dynamic QB. he's a deer in headlights at all times. rushes every throw, scared to run, misreads most option plays, etc. there's ZERO fire in that dude. he's a failure, plain and simple.

and, yeah, some of the Driskel backlash is over the top, but it's just SO DAMN FRUSTRATING watching this **** show of an offense. keeping Driskel in the game late today was inexcusable. no one can explain that away. Muschamp has COMPLETELY lost control of this thing and, amazingly, it might get even uglier than last year (especially if you look at our next four games).
I just can not get over how Driskel was still in the game for the last series. It is beyond ridiculous and im surprised more people arent ****ing pissed about it like you and I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.