Emory Jones transfers to Arizona State and gets benched; now looking to get benched at Cincy

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Failing up,..definitely NFL material.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Well, Emory Jones' quest to get benched by THREE schools is almost here. He's up to 8 picks and they've lost 4 straight. As you can imagine, the fan base is threatening to storm the field and remove him themselves.....again.

The 3 AAC additions to the Big 12 are 1-11 in conference so far. (Houston eked out a narrow win over WVU.) UCF almost knocked off Oklahoma and Houston almost got Texas yesterday. Almost doesn’t count.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Poor EJ. That time he came in when Trask was hurt and threw a pass, I was shocked. It looked good. I was amazed he could actually throw since all of his prior action were limited to the QB run game. Of course, once he was the starter all that went out the window. By now I thought he could read a defense and not throw picks but I guess he is what he is.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
550yds was vs Samford, a FCS team. We needed it because Mullen's defense gave up 52 points that day.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
And here's a thread where the fans vent about Emory Jones. Ah, memories.

• He should have been pulled even earlier in the game. He isn’t good, at all. He wasn’t good at FL or ASU. What the coaching staff saw I will never know.
  • They saw a mobile QB who theoretically can run the offense. He cannot read defenses or the progress past the first read. At All. I'm not sure if that's him or whether he's being instructed to do that. Either way it isn't working out.
  • After watching today's game again, the comparisons of Emory Jones and Aklil Smith are there. Great runners, but cannot hit the broad side of a barn from 10 yards. I think it is time to let Lichtenberg a look. With the set throws that Jones missed today there is no reason not to. Drogosh can play the last 4 games and not lose his redshirt. The Emory Jones led Bearcats need to be done.
  • The offensive line sucks yea that's a given, but it's not like Jones is continually being rushed or even on his back repeatedly. Jones has no finesse, can't lead a receiver, isn't very accurate and hasn't got the players respect.
  • Please change the QB.
You mean to tell me that Dancin Dan the qb whisperer was wrong about Emory Jones? You’re shyttin me

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.