Eric Hester to Transfer

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really disappointed to hear this but unlike most, I don't believe it was his decision. It is not a coincidence that he transfers the same day Okaura signs his LOI.
I hope Okaura is really good because I liked what I saw of Hester.

Good Luck to you Mr. Hester, you seem like a fine young man!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Not 100% sure who this guy is and what kind of insights he has, but I know he's always on those "Gators Breakdown" podcasts. Could be true or could be sour grapes :dunno:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hester hit 11-19 in 3s = 57.9% in 3s! On several of those he was challenged.
He hit 4-4 on his 2s. I was hoping he could become another near Humphries.
Perhaps he showed no respect for defense?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Exactly he was a very promising 2 guard prospect. Based on the basically no information we have now, I am unhappy he is leaving the program. Maybe something will come out later to explain this.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Exactly he was a very promising 2 guard prospect. Based on the basically no information we have now, I am unhappy he is leaving the program. Maybe something will come out later to explain this.
Saw that it's mainly due to playing time. Can't blame the kid, he was unlikely to get much more min next year unless he got crazy better with the ball to back up PG. He looked to be more of a Allen type of 2 guard...but which had a hard time dribbling at this level...his JR or SR year could have been good to great though

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Saw that it's mainly due to playing time. Can't blame the kid, he was unlikely to get much more min next year unless he got crazy better with the ball to back up PG. He looked to be more of a Allen type of 2 guard...but which had a hard time dribbling at this level...his JR or SR year could have been good to great though

Well the way I see it, UF goes into the fall with 3 guards, Chiozza, Allen and Okauru. I do not like that much at all. I saw Hester getting up to 25 minutes a game next year as a SG with Allen spliting time between backing up the PG and SG. Now if Allen is just not up to backing up the PG and neither can Hester, then Okauru might get 10 minutes a game and Hester faced another year of backup minutes at the SG position.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well the way I see it, UF goes into the fall with 3 guards, Chiozza, Allen and Okauru. I do not like that much at all. I saw Hester getting up to 25 minutes a game next year as a SG with Allen spliting time between backing up the PG and SG. Now if Allen is just not up to backing up the PG and neither can Hester, then Okauru might get 10 minutes a game and Hester faced another year of backup minutes at the SG position.

Isn't Hudson a SG? And I'm sure White is on the transfer market for another guard (if Eggy and Drob both leave).

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Isn't Hudson a SG? And I'm sure White is on the transfer market for another guard (if Eggy and Drob both leave).

That is a good question. Is Hudson a good enough guard to be on the floor when Allen is handling the PG position? I am not sure anyone knows.

Actually, UF can now take a transfer if either leave.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That is a good question. Is Hudson a good enough guard to be on the floor when Allen is handling the PG position? I am not sure anyone knows.

Actually, UF can now take a transfer if either leave.

I'd love a lineup with Allen at point and Hudson at SG. We could have a very explosive offense especially if we get this Egor guy from Rice.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Not 100% sure who this guy is and what kind of insights he has, but I know he's always on those "Gators Breakdown" podcasts. Could be true or could be sour grapes :dunno:

Not sour grapes, this dude is just a douche bag.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hester was actually known as defender as a recruit but pretty limited offensively. It looked like he had a decent stroke and hes pretty athletic but the rest of his game was lacking. I'm guessing playing time had alot to do with it. I don't know if he woulda been able to crack the rotation next year either.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
White will manage without him better than Butters does.....of this I'm sure.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not gonna disagree lol. Do you follow him or listen to his podcasts?
No, it was just a douche bag move to blast a good kid on twitter. I mean, be an adult if you want people to take your podcast seriously . Those podcast are awful imo.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder why White recruited him. He doesn't fit his scheme. White wants length and athleticism on the court. He doesn't want 6'3 scoring guards. I assume the goal was to move him to pg, but it hasn't worked out or Eric doesn't want to switch positions.
His wing span was like 6'8". - very long for his height. He was a defensive guy first, but did have success shooting the rock this year in limited minutes. His departure can only mean better things for the team, I'm hoping.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Wondering what the thought is. Making room? He was a highly rated recruit.
I see he replaced him with another 3 Star. After watching the 5 Star Hill these last two years floundering around the court he got "star crossed."

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
There is more to the story than what we see, or perhaps we are making room to keep or get other players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.