ESPN Article on Tebow uses the word "Failure" 23 times

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's fine if he's chasing some kind of dream, but I honestly think it's just because his NFL career didn't pan out and he's trying to compensate by playing another sport. I've said for a long time, his ultimate place in this world will be doing good for others. He was able to use his career at UF and one miracle season in the NFL to elevate his name to the point where he can maximize his charity work. It was an amazing ride while it lasted, some of the most fun years I've ever had watching sports, but it's just time to move on.
I'm sure he's trying baseball because his NFL dream didn't pan out. My point is, let the guy chase his dreams while he's still young enough to do so. Wish I had the balls to do it back in the day.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure Tim didn't conceive all of this as a master plan. He competed. Oh, brother did he compete. And he was good. No, better than good. A great high schooler. He got recruited by Florida, won a Heisman, made a vital contribution to two national championships and ALONG THE WAY the country became enamored with his indomitable spirit and deep-seeded spirituality. And, by the way, none of it is fake.

And that's supposed to be his fault in the grand scheme?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's some famous saying that states the most horrible thought later in life is "if only I'd ---"

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
People that find reasons to hate on a guy like Tebow, who spends much of his free time doing nice stuff for people, do nothing but shine a big bright spotlight on their own shortcomings. They're usually severely lacking in many of the traits they see in him and they can't stand him for it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thanx for letting me know not to read it, so I will put my 2 cents in any way. so Tebow did not become a star QB in the NFL. He played in the NFL which 99.99999999999999999% of the people will not. He probably will not make it in baseball. Who cares? it does not affect anyone else's life. I never thought he would make either as a pro, but that does not matter either. Here is what matters. I am not religious at all, but Tebow's stances do not bother me. He is a good person, does no harm to anyone and believes in morality and accountability. All I know is the world would be a much better place to live if everyone was more like Tebow!

Yep its crazy how the sports media likes to try and run him down. Hopefully more people pull the plug on them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jordan was mocked relentlessly

You think so? I dont remember anything like you hear with Tebow with it almost being personal. I just remember some laughing saying he would never make the show and he should hang it up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You think so? I dont remember anything like you hear with Tebow with it almost being personal. I just remember some laughing saying he would never make the show and he should hang it up.

I think we take it more personally with Tebow. Jordan was ridiculed for his baseball endeavor. The difference was that he was given a bit of the benefit of the doubt because of his success in basketball. But he SUUUUCKED at baseball.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Yep its crazy how the sports media likes to try and run him down. Hopefully more people pull the plug on them.

Why would the media treat him like that? Why would they consistently attempt to disparage him and discount his achievements?

Is it because he a Gator?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Eh, these kinds of articles used to bother me, but I know they don't faze Tim so why should it faze me? And just speaking honestly, even though written with a vitriolic slant, nothing the guy said about his "failures" is wrong. Until Tim succeeds at something he is open to this kind of scrutiny. Thats what happens when you play on the world stage. He's a big boy and can handle it.
The most pernicious and insidious bias is always the bias of omission. When you consider all the amazing accomplishments of Tim Tebow in his still young life, the number of people's lives he has touched and the hope and the the aid he has brought to people most in need, the omission of those things in this article is astounding and shocking. The author manages to call Tim a failure 23 times, and yet fails to mention even a single one of his accomplishments. That is almost impossible to comprehend.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
The most pernicious and insidious bias is always the bias of omission. When you consider all the amazing accomplishments of Tim Tebow in his still young life, the number of people's lives he has touched and the hope and the the aid he has brought to people most in need, the omission of those things in this article is astounding and shocking. The author manages to call Tim a failure 23 times, and yet fails to mention even a single one of his accomplishments. That is almost impossible to comprehend.
I agree completely. Its obviously a pointless hit piece.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Tim Tebow is an extremely rare find in humankind. I've never known anyone as driven by pure principles as Tim Tebow. Anyone with half a brain knows that no rag-pushing hack is in the same zip code as Tim. Look at the opportunities that he's conquering daily. I love listening to him, he's everywhere on sports TV. The hacks like the azz that is slamming him just can't handle being pushed into the back seat.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
These hatchet jobs used to piss me off, but now I just chuckle at the irony.

Tim Tebow makes people with low self esteem or moral compass feel bad about themselves. These people are emotionally retarded - unwilling and unable to be introspective, evaluate their flaws, and improve themselves. Too lazy or mentally weak to do so, it's easier to try to tear down someone who, by comparison, they know makes them a lesser human.
They hate that he gets attention, yet their own actions get him more attention. They want to tear him down, yet they build him up. His answer in the press conference baiting question about perspective (comparing his "struggles" to those in poverty, etc.) unscripted was a work of art.

Hate away, asshats - the more you do, the more Tebow carries out his mission, and the smaller you become by comparison.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
My son's pitching coach spent 10 years in the majors and 2 of them with the Mets. I wore my UF shirt once to a lesson and he started a conversation about Tim. He spoke about how much admiration he had for Tim but that he new he would never make it in pro sports. He said that someone that comes to work every day not talking about how many women he's screwed or the partying he did the night before doesn't fit in with the culture. The fact that he doesn't curse or dip or engage in any of the vices that are widespread in the league would make others feel very uncomfortable, coaches and players. People in pro sports don't really want those kind around, it reminds them of their "sins" and imperfections and they don't like it and it makes them uncomfortable.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Just sayin.....

John 15:18-27King James Version (KJV)
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Good...if you believe in this

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Today's media represents everything that is wrong with our country! They vilify Anyone who tries to do right...while building up criminals who beat/rape woman. Sh*t makes me furious!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator