ESPN's "Post-signing day SEC position ranks

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Michel and Chubb? Lol please. Maybe Chubb pre-injury.

Only dudes on this list that would scare me are Bo and Guice. Want to talk about zero cutting/wiggle ability, please see #5 on this list :lmao2:

Folks: The pure definition of a homer!!

---

And IMO, Webb is twice the back that most of these on the list are. He's 5 foot nothing and plays at Vandy. And they got him right our of our backyard.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only reason for #10 is because of #6. I think they should be switched.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Folks: The pure definition of a homer!!

---

And IMO, Webb is twice the back that most of these on the list are. He's 5 foot nothing and plays at Vandy. And they got him right our of our backyard.

Yes, I am a homer, especially considering I'm 1 more poor season on offense from demanding Mac be fired, and I think Dalvin is the best back in the draft (and better than any RB we've had outside of Emmitt).

Please tell me more!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett is not mediocre and how do we know if Malik/Lemons aren't game changers?

I thinkLlemons was one of the top three backs based on film. Can he stay on the field with his disregard for academics?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, I am a homer, especially considering I'm 1 more poor season on offense from demanding Mac be fired, and I think Dalvin is the best back in the draft (and better than any RB we've had outside of Emmitt).

Please tell me more!

Then go delete your post. If you honestly think Scarlett is better than Chubb you're nuts. I'll give you Michel, but he's a solid SEC back as well. That list I posted is legit. Go find one that has Scarlett on it, you know how to use google. You literally said, "Scarlett is one of the best RBs in the country". THE COUNTRY....not the SEC, but the ENTIRE COUNTRY. That's called "Homer" I don't care how much you think Mac should be fired if he has a bad year. I think Scarlett is a GOOD RB, not great....and damn sure not best in the COUNTRY. He's not even 3rd Team All-SEC. Seriously. But hey, you called it....so we should all just go with it.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Then go delete your post. If you honestly think Scarlett is better than Chubb you're nuts. I'll give you Michel, but he's a solid SEC back as well. That list I posted is legit. Go find one that has Scarlett on it, you know how to use google. You literally said, "Scarlett is one of the best RBs in the country". THE COUNTRY....not the SEC, but the ENTIRE COUNTRY. That's called "Homer" I don't care how much you think Mac should be fired if he has a bad year. I think Scarlett is a GOOD RB, not great....and damn sure not best in the COUNTRY. He's not even 3rd Team All-SEC. Seriously. But hey, you called it....so we should all just go with it.

Yes, Scarlett is better than Chubb (post injury*). I will 100% stand by that.

I didn't know we took preseason rankings and media lists as Gospel, good to know!

You can go with whatever you want, I'm just stating MY opinion. Don't get so upset snowflake :)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I didn't know we took preseason rankings and media lists as Gospel, good to know!

You can go with whatever you want, I'm just stating MY opinion. Don't get so upset snowflake :)

Okay, Homer.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

No way that he is better than Chubb. Not even close.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I thinkLlemons was one of the top three backs based on film. Can he stay on the field with his disregard for academics?

Lemons could be a game changer due to speed, time will tell if he can stay on the field

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No way that he is better than Chubb. Not even close.

Chubb isn't the same runner post injury. That's a fact.

Pre-injury Chubb was a first round talent. Not so much anymore.

GatorGriff

May 29, 2015
Some of you guys are selling Scarlett way short. He had to run behind a mediocre at best line and still averaged 5.0 yards a carry. Plus for some reason Mac and the coaches insisted on doing that 4 Back rotation early on in the year even when it was obvious Scarlett was the most talented. If given more carries Scarlett would easily go over 1,000. I think he is one of the most talented backs in the SEC and this list is crap.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys are selling Scarlett way short. He had to run behind a mediocre at best line and still averaged 5.0 yards a carry. Plus for some reason Mac and the coaches insisted on doing that 4 Back rotation early on in the year even when it was obvious Scarlett was the most talented. If given more carries Scarlett would easily go over 1,000. I think he is one of the most talented backs in the SEC and this list is crap.

Would love to see some broken tackles stats. I don't recall seeing a Gator RB break as many tackles as he did in a LONG time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Would love to see some broken tackles stats. I don't recall seeing a Gator RB break as many tackles as he did in a LONG time.

He is great at that but not much else. Even against the lesser teams he didn't average much more than 5 yards a carry. He has to pick it up seeing things opening up and blocking obviously to be an elite back. He looks blind at times doing both.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Surprised there isn't more talk about Perine in this thread. Really excited to see what he does in year 2.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He is great at that but not much else. Even against the lesser teams he didn't average much more than 5 yards a carry. He has to pick it up seeing things opening up and blocking obviously to be an elite back. He looks blind at times doing both.

He also has really good speed for a back as strong as he is. I think he sees holes fine, but he does really lack in the blocking dept- hopefully he gets that down this offseason.

Curious to see him get more opps on dump offs, not really sure how his hands are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator