Everything is fine

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
You don't realize the hole we're trying to dig out of just to catch up to fsu now. We're in this position thanks to Jeremy Foley!!!
Correction, haff ass U is still trying to catch up with us .in bball, we have won twice as many games in the series. and Way better in our basketball history many more final fours and two NATIONAL TITLES TO ZERO for them. In football they are still trying to catch up in wins to us..................btw fckkkkkk hafffazzzU

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Yeah Good Ol Butters has them right where he wants them....Just wait until next year when LDR is hitting all those wide open receivers the pumpers are talking about:headslap:......BTW did anyone notice that Treon had a better game against them in 2014 under Roper/Chump than he or AA had against them in the last 2 years under Mac/Nuss? And their 2014 defense was probably their best since the 90's.

I'll await an explanation.....but to me it should appear obvious, Butter's takes a sh!t in every big game because he's not a big time program coach....He belongs in the MAC, Sunbelt or some lesser conference....not here.

gardnerwebbgator

Aight Then
Lifetime Member
unTpCA.gif

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Correction, haff ass U is still trying to catch up with us .in bball, we have won twice as many games in the series. and Way better in our basketball history many more final fours and two NATIONAL TITLES TO ZERO for them. In football they are still trying to catch up in wins to us..................btw fckkkkkk hafffazzzU
The "hole" I was referring to was more to do with football facilities not all time head to head wins. Presently Fsu has a better football program than we do, I don't think anyone can argue that. The difference in facilities has a lot to do with that. We are the biggest university in the state and we should have top notch facilities, but we don't cause Foley has always been a penny pincher. Now we are trying to play catchup in state and in the SEC. It gonna take years to upgrade the facilities, so in turn the recruiting will continue to suffer and if we need to hire another coach we will have a hard time landing a top notch guy cause he's gonna feel at a competitive disadvantage with lacking facilities. This didn't happen overnight and therefore it won't be fixed overnight. I just hope the new AD aggressively attacks the issue and corrects Foleys mistakes.

Last edited:

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
The "hole" I was referring to was more to do with football facilities not all time head to head wins. Presently Fsu has a better football program than we do, I don't think anyone can argue that. The difference in facilities has a lot to do with that. We are the biggest university in the state and we should have top notch facilities, but we don't cause Foley has always been a penny pincher. Now we are trying to play catchup in state and in the SEC. It gonna take years to upgrade the facilities, so in turn the recruiting will continue to suffer and if we need to hire another coach we will have a hard time landing a top notch guy cause he's gonna feel at a competitive disadvantage with lacking facilities. This didn't happen overnight and therefore it won't be fixed overnight. I just hope the new AD aggressively attacks the issue and corrects Foleys mistakes.

So then you agree that Mac is somewhat hamstrung by the facilities when it comes to recruiting?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
So then you agree that Mac is somewhat hamstrung by the facilities when it comes to recruiting?
Totally agree they hurt recruiting and I give Mac credit for pushing for them to get improved and pushing for a bigger support staff as well. However, his recruiting struggles can't all be due to facilities. A lot has to be that kids don't believe in him and what he's trying to sell. He must overcome that to get the top notch talent in here.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
At least you recognize that recruiting can be more nuanced than "he is incompetent". I share your opinion, and I do have some concern. Not as much as the sky is falling crowd around here. I just get annoyed when many lament on Mac's recruiting failure but in the same breath say our facilities are the root of everything bad here.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Facilities play a part for sure but something else is really wrong. We are constantly chasing everyone elses recruits and very few are choosing us. I had all the confidence in this staff last year and they failed to deliver. Sure, we filled some of our needs but its getting pretty scary right now. I want Mac to figure it out and be successful but he doesnt seem to be willing to change staff where needed and its really getting bad every time we get our hopes up on a recruit and they go elsewhere. Its like I havent seen in years.

Gator Fever

Facilities play a part for sure but something else is really wrong. We are constantly chasing everyone elses recruits and very few are choosing us. I had all the confidence in this staff last year and they failed to deliver. Sure, we filled some of our needs but its getting pretty scary right now. I want Mac to figure it out and be successful but he doesnt seem to be willing to change staff where needed and its really getting bad every time we get our hopes up on a recruit and they go elsewhere. Its like I havent seen in years.

Yep its more than just facilities it appears - Muschamp is recruiting great for SC and they are one of the few SEC teams with worse facilities than us. He may match or beat us with 4 stars if this mess doesn't get turned around.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Actually USC just put a crap ton into their facilities. Not just football. A new basketball stadium, baseball, softball as well as football facilities. The whole package matters.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Actually USC just put a crap ton into their facilities. Not just football. A new basketball stadium, baseball, softball as well as football facilities. The whole package matters.
Yeah we are no where near USC in facilities and havent been as far back as 2003 at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.