Everything is fine

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And from 2004-2009 we could say the same thing...actually we had it better. We're definitely down right now...unfortunately we don't have much hope for the future like they did in getting old man bowden out for jimbo

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Yeah Good Ol Butters has them right where he wants them....Just wait until next year when LDR is hitting all those wide open receivers the pumpers are talking about:headslap:......BTW did anyone notice that Treon had a better game against them in 2014 under Roper/Chump than he or AA had against them in the last 2 years under Mac/Nuss? And their 2014 defense was probably their best since the 90's.

I'll await an explanation.....but to me it should appear obvious, Butter's takes a sh!t in every big game because he's not a big time program coach....He belongs in the MAC, Sunbelt or some lesser conference....not here.
^^^^This!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We can pile all of this on Foley if you want, and he is certainly partly responsible, but the reality is much bigger.

Yes, we focused on the Olympic sports when we should have been building pyramids for 18 year old mercenaries but we have other issues.

1. We still seem to think that academics matter to mercenaries so we maintain our standards while others (FSU) are reducing theirs.
2. We insist on our players at least pretending to be students while others (Bama and even Notre Dame) got over this delusion long ago.
3. We still seem to think that football players must be accountable to law enforcement while virtually every power program in college football has an "arrangement" with law enforcement.

Go ahead and blame Jeremy but the reality is that college sports have never, and I mean never, been as corrupt as they are today and we refuse to participate so enjoy watching the noles stay ahead of us while even the Tally PD laughs at us.
Look out!!! I see USF approaching quickly from behind!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We can pile all of this on Foley if you want, and he is certainly partly responsible, but the reality is much bigger.

Yes, we focused on the Olympic sports when we should have been building pyramids for 18 year old mercenaries but we have other issues.

1. We still seem to think that academics matter to mercenaries so we maintain our standards while others (FSU) are reducing theirs.
2. We insist on our players at least pretending to be students while others (Bama and even Notre Dame) got over this delusion long ago.
3. We still seem to think that football players must be accountable to law enforcement while virtually every power program in college football has an "arrangement" with law enforcement.

Go ahead and blame Jeremy but the reality is that college sports have never, and I mean never, been as corrupt as they are today and we refuse to participate so enjoy watching the noles stay ahead of us while even the Tally PD laughs at us.
Look out!!! I see USF approaching quickly from behind!

You touch on something that is not a small factor that I've noticed over almost 40 years and that is that the GPD is not a friend of the program. I don't know what they do elsewhere but there needs to be some emphasis on improving that relationship. Maybe the GPD should get it's own Skybox. Somebody needs to be greasing that wheel.

Otherwise, I wonder if the makeup of the academics at UF (average Freshmen GPA is now 4.3 and rising) is pushing us into Vandyland emphasis on football.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The joke arrests probably do get pointed out by other programs. I know its done to the other students also but some of them are a joke and could have easily been handled differently. I am glad it wasnt that bad when I went to school years ago.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The next 6 weeks are going to be the most miserable in GCMB history. Possibly in all of message board history.

I'm buying stock in Orville Redenbacher.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Otherwise, I wonder if the makeup of the academics at UF (average Freshmen GPA is now 4.3 and rising) is pushing us into Vandyland emphasis on football.
Lol. So when you see our players' tweets or hear them interviewed, do you think "WOW, we are landing some real scholars!"

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
You touch on something that is not a small factor that I've noticed over almost 40 years and that is that the GPD is not a friend of the program. I don't know what they do elsewhere but there needs to be some emphasis on improving that relationship. Maybe the GPD should get it's own Skybox. Somebody needs to be greasing that wheel.

Otherwise, I wonder if the makeup of the academics at UF (average Freshmen GPA is now 4.3 and rising) is pushing us into Vandyland emphasis on football.[/QUOTE

We definitely have had our share of arrests like public intoxication, barking at a police dog, driving with suspended license and other minor offenses that other college towns police would just give a warning or laugh off.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
6 weeks???? That's it?
37440449.jpg

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

My comments about academics pertained to the standards applied to the athletes more so than the general student body. Although I agree that the higher overall standards have negatively effected the enthusiasm for the program since a lot of the students don't even understand sports, the real issue is with players. We have some of the very highest entrance standards for athletes while FSU has the very lowest (this is a fact, check it out) and then we wonder when we wave goodbye to some of the very best each year only to see the top programs gobble them up (this is also a fact).

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought I read our standards werent much different at all than most schools except for Jucos needing to have certain things completed. As far as freshman what is the difference from FSU - having some 8th grade basic level math class?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I thought I read our standards werent much different at all than most schools except for Jucos needing to have certain things completed. As far as freshman what is the difference from FSU - having some 8th grade basic level math class?

They aren't much different at all for athletes.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Here's another fact. Our coaching staff is a bunch of brain-dead fukktards. That's why we got blown the fuk out by every team with a pulse for the last 2 years.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Well then, we can get excited about the news that Mac has been talking to Tallahassee Police recruits. ??

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I sense some more "State Champ" rings getting ordered to Tallacrappie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.