Fake injuries

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
It is not just our game, it is becoming an epidemic. I like Concrete Helmet's plan. If you're cramping, you can limp your ass to the sideline or sit for the quarter.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It is not just our game, it is becoming an epidemic. I like Concrete Helmet's plan. If you're cramping, you can limp your ass to the sideline or sit for the quarter.
You can "feel it" almost every game I've watched this season which is maybe a half dozen or so....but it's there for sure. The solution I mentioned is pretty extreme but if CFB really wanted to curb the epidemic it would only take one season to see the number of injury stoppages go WAY down and keep stats on it to show it is happening and it is being taught.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Among all these posts stating the players need to be kept out multiple series or full quarters, I have 3 questions:

1) did you see any players come right back in who were “faking”? I didn’t track it, but don’t recall them turning right back around to the field.

2) Isn’t player safety worse if injured players are afraid to come out since they know they’d have to be out for an extended period? For player safety, isn’t that worse?

3) Do you really believe UK was more worried about our supposed fast pace with 5 minutes or less remaining and UF down 2 scores instead of the fact that the cramps gave us the equivalent of timeouts? Thats absurd strategy, especially since every Gator was yelling “hurry up” because our offense lacked any urgency or pace (even after the clock started following the injury stoppage).

Trend or not in football generally against fast pace offenses, suggesting this was going on against our slow paced offense and the constant booing injured players in the Swamp is nearly as embarrassing as our team’s performance (nearly).

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Among all these posts stating the players need to be kept out multiple series or full quarters, I have 3 questions:

1) did you see any players come right back in who were “faking”? I didn’t track it, but don’t recall them turning right back around to the field.

2) Isn’t player safety worse if injured players are afraid to come out since they know they’d have to be out for an extended period? For player safety, isn’t that worse?

3) Do you really believe UK was more worried about our supposed fast pace with 5 minutes or less remaining and UF down 2 scores instead of the fact that the cramps gave us the equivalent of timeouts? Thats absurd strategy, especially since every Gator was yelling “hurry up” because our offense lacked any urgency or pace (even after the clock started following the injury stoppage).

Trend or not in football generally against fast pace offenses, suggesting this was going on against our slow paced offense and the constant booing injured players in the Swamp is nearly as embarrassing as our team’s performance (nearly).
1) yes, it started in the 1st quarter. Those players came back in a play later.
2) no, if they really are injured or hurting, they need time to recover, get rehydrated, etc. That’s the bigger safety concern.
3) yes, because each time they did it it killed rhythm.

I don’t doubt that a player or two had cramps - we had two of our own. But the number of cramps and very odd timing was no coincidence. I think what we saw was Kentucky telling it’s players to claim “cramp” if they were winded because they knew the only thing that would help our crappy OL was if the other team was tired. It certainly didn’t change the outcome, in my opinion. Still bush league and something that needs to be addressed.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I have a solution, get the cart there as soon as anybody drops down, cart the guys off the field very quickly. The injured player cannot come back until 4 plays later.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when Wuerfell was injured in the SEC Championship game, and Kresser came on, to be replaced by Wuerfell the very next play?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know a kid who's is like family to me. I've known him since he was 3. He was a 4 year starter at LB/DE at a division one school and I asked him about this stuff. He said not only does it happen but he has done it himself a couple times. It's a well known and used tactic for lots of different scenarios. And the kids were coached as to when to employ it.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Yep, Mullen has such a great track record of Chip Kelly level pace that teams preparing for us were practicing injuries.

Especially when UF needed the clock to stop for a chance to win. It was a brilliant strategy to do just that by fake cramping because of Frank’s Aaron Rodgers level potential when he has unbroken momentum.

It turned out that our opposition was stunned when after such gifted/strategically planned timeouts were effectuated, we still took 15 seconds of running clock to snap the ball.

Makes all the sense in the world really ~ please read with sarcasm font applied.

Because, we all know how effective Franks is when he gets rolling with momentum and pace ~ same font. (Seriously, how do some of you believe this nonsense). Maybe 1-2 injuries the whole game made sense strategically.

Last edited:

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
They were definitely faking the injuries. It doesn't really matter because we suck and we should beat the **** out of UK anyways. The ncaa needs to come up with a penalty. I'm sorry if your guys are really going down with injuries. There needs to be a deterant to this soft ass way of playing football. Stoops is a ****ing pussy for trying this as a way of slowing us down. He and his brother can't actually rely on their football smarts and scheme.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Until networks stop giving teams a free timeout by going to a 2:30 commercial break every time a kid acts like he’s hurt, it’s going to keep happening. Until they start forcing players to sit out the rest of the series every time they stop play for their “injury,” it’s going to keep happening.

Our guys were doing it against UK, too. You see it happen in almost every game across the country. These kids are at peak physical condition and train in this weather constantly. They aren’t cramping as much as they let on, not even close. If they are cramping, it’s because they’re downing energy drinks like Monster, Five Hour Energy, and Red Bull before the game. In that case, I’ll be eagerly awaiting the first mid-game heart attack in CFB.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Until networks stop giving teams a free timeout by going to a 2:30 commercial break every time a kid acts like he’s hurt, it’s going to keep happening. Until they start forcing players to sit out the rest of the series every time they stop play for their “injury,” it’s going to keep happening.

Our guys were doing it against UK, too. You see it happen in almost every game across the country. These kids are at peak physical condition and train in this weather constantly. They aren’t cramping as much as they let on, not even close. If they are cramping, it’s because they’re downing energy drinks like Monster, Five Hour Energy, and Red Bull before the game. In that case, I’ll be eagerly awaiting the first mid-game heart attack in CFB.

Happened this year in SC high school game.

If you have to come out for an injury or cramps and the game stops because of it, I would say you should miss more than one play. Not sure the appropriate amount of time, but one play for a cramp?? No.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They aren't going to do anything about it because they don't want players that are legitimately hurt afraid to go down and have to sit out a chunk of the game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This whole fvkking thread is embarassing loser talk.

Just as embarassing as Taggart was last week.
Dude, enough. Quit effing up every thread with your insufferable nonsense or I'll just give you a vacation so we can all get a nice break from you. You're probably due for one anyway.

No one was blaming the loss on faking injuries and you damn well know it. This is a legitimate problem in college football right now.

Go have a Coke and a smile.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They aren't going to do anything about it because they don't want players that are legitimately hurt afraid to go down and have to sit out a chunk of the game.
If someone is legitimately hurt, they’re going to miss time in the game anyway.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, enough. Quit effing up every thread with your insufferable nonsense or I'll just give you a vacation so we can all get a nice break from you. You're probably due for one anyway.

No one was blaming the loss on faking injuries and you damn well know it. This is a legitimate problem in college football right now.

Go have a Coke and a smile.

If you have a true cramp... there is no faking it to stay in for the next play. That muscle has essentially turned to stone and feels like a bullet just went through it. It is impossible to keep playing during it.

edit: I was supposed to quote your other post. But same answer. :lol:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you don't want to sit out a series of plays then you hobble to the sideline. If you legitimately can't do that, then you aren't going to be 'sacking up' to stay in the game to avoid having to sit out. If you can't even get off the field then sitting out a series of plays shouldn't be a concern. Its really no different than the rule that says if your helmet comes off you have to sit out a play. Since they implemented that rule you see a hell of a lot fewer hats coming off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.