Fall Practice

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
When Mac loses, regardless of why he loses, it's his fault. He is ultimately responsible. Yet when Mac wins it's not all on Mac. He just happened to be standing around while it happened.

Sure.
Let me ask you a question and try and be honest. Is Mac an offensive coach or defensive coach? Was he hired to fix the offense or defense? Has he done what he was hired to do?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Nobody on this board wants to see the Gators lose or anyone fail.......But a lot of us are skeptical after the last 5 or 6 years.. We've seen some pretty bad coaching(Muschamp) and the jury's still out on Butters.......BUT make no mistake about it, he's on the clock.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody on this board wants to see the Gators lose or anyone fail.......But a lot of us are skeptical after the last 5 or 6 years.. We've seen some pretty bad coaching(Muschamp) and the jury's still out on Butters.......BUT make no mistake about it, he's on the clock.

My stance as well. His pivotal year starts in 11 days. Buckle up boys and girls (and Sas).

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if a "half-breed" pumper could perceive reality? I loved Spurrier's stepping on their throats scorewise. I abhor Zen. Buddha never gets up off his ass. I hate Nuss with his prior & present atrociously rank offences.(I've said I'd give him the Kelvin Taylor throat-slash drama-firing years ago.) Still, years back the reality is that worse HC choices were made = they brought scandal, shame & some brought or are bringing NCAA sanctions. Balance that with the reality of what top CFB HC wants to leave their warm, fuzzy "dialed-in" success-nest for this place where fans/boosters give them 2 years 'til "firing-time"?

I'm defending my Gator FB enjoyment - I do absorb lots of the gloom-doom spillway dumpage. If GatorChatter is my home, you guys are committing domestic violence against me -- my grades are gonna drop, gonna start abusing drugs, violating my curfew, etc.,etc. It lowers my natural hope for a fun Florida season, upcoming.

P.S.>> Why couldn't we give QB-recruits Wonderlic Tests (like on their official visit) before we extend an offer?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel made good grades and graduated early... being smart doesn't mean being a good qb. Hell being a dumbass doesn't mean being a bad one. Just look at fsu lol

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Let me ask you a question and try and be honest. Is Mac an offensive coach or defensive coach? Was he hired to fix the offense or defense? Has he done what he was hired to do?

Mac was hired to win games. He has won 70% of his games with the fewest blue chip players in recent Gators history. In my opinion, he has the program headed in the right direction.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac was hired to win games. He has won 70% of his games with the fewest blue chip players in recent Gators history. In my opinion, he has the program headed in the right direction.

Now that's a reality all the SEC HCs could read about and voted him COY. Also a reality that the East is at its worst.

I think we can take a clue about Mac revealing things in open practices from the fact that the guy tossing the ball back to the QBs is throwing longer passes than our QBs are to their WRs.??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He has won 70% of his games.
You keep repeating that like a fvkking parrot who believes adding two additional directional schools per year to the schedule somehow makes that number impressive.

He is a four loss coach. He was a four loss coach at Col St. He has never won a championship. IMO he never will. He didnt standout in the WAC, and I think he wouldnt even standout in the Sunbelt.

He is just a guy who runs a terrible offense that wouldnt look much worse or much better with Clairbelle at Qb.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if a "half-breed" pumper could perceive reality? I loved Spurrier's stepping on their throats scorewise. I abhor Zen. Buddha never gets up off his ass. I hate Nuss with his prior & present atrociously rank offences.(I've said I'd give him the Kelvin Taylor throat-slash drama-firing years ago.) Still, years back the reality is that worse HC choices were made = they brought scandal, shame & some brought or are bringing NCAA sanctions. Balance that with the reality of what top CFB HC wants to leave their warm, fuzzy "dialed-in" success-nest for this place where fans/boosters give them 2 years 'til "firing-time"?

I'm defending my Gator FB enjoyment - I do absorb lots of the gloom-doom spillway dumpage. If GatorChatter is my home, you guys are committing domestic violence against me -- my grades are gonna drop, gonna start abusing drugs, violating my curfew, etc.,etc. It lowers my natural hope for a fun Florida season, upcoming.

P.S.>> Why couldn't we give QB-recruits Wonderlic Tests (like on their official visit) before we extend an offer?

Now you know better than come looking for a safe space on GCMB rog...:rolleyes:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When Mac loses, regardless of why he loses, it's his fault. He is ultimately responsible. Yet when Mac wins it's not all on Mac. He just happened to be standing around while it happened.

Sure.
I heard you the first time. Thanks for answering the questions though.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LOL....I love that argument. My side is totally right and your side is clueless. How's recruiting going so far this year?
We've all been giving mac props for this recruiting surge, dude. You're as bad of a spinner as any dumper here. I guess that's why i like you.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We've all been giving mac props for this recruiting surge, dude. You're as bad of a spinner as any dumper here. I guess that's why i like you.
The only difference between him and the obscene dumps is that occasionally the dumps will admit error and give the other side credit.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Actually, quite a few people here have been giving Corral most of the credit for the momentum swing.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mac will get credit for the next class if it maintains. He's getting credit now...even from me. Now go win some big games. Cool?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac was hired to fix the offense!!!!!!! Holy crap dude! Who gives a shcit if we 9 games a year instead of 8 games a year if the wins are still 14-10 punt fests and the losses are still blowouts? Program direction is to be determined.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
We will see if he has the program going in the right direction in 10 days. Question is it Muschamp's fault we don't have many blue chip players or Mac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.