Fall Practice

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
That's all fine and good. However, dumpers want it both ways. When Mac loses, it's all on Mac. When Mac wins, it was Muschamps D or the SEC East sucks or anything except Mac won. It's the duplicity of some claiming if the Gators lose it's Mac's fault, but if he wins it's some other coaches players. If he gets fault when he loses, then he should also get credit when he wins.
"Duplicity" is the key word. I don't have a problem with anyone who has a negative opinion on this subject. It's the "positioning" I have a problem with. The setting up of themselves as above anyone who would have a different opinion than their's. At that point, their opinions become more about ego and self-aggrandizement, and less about Gator football.

Note to BruceWayne: I've agreed with a lot of your posts, and haven't considered you a part of that group. Would you flesh out your earlier "dislike" with some commentary?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
DAMN!

"Obviously it's not ideal," Zaire said. "I don't think anybody in the quarterback room wants that. But at the end of the day, you just got to do what coach wants. I feel like coach should be confident enough to stick with a guy and be able to roll with that guy because that's best for the team. When you have all these quarterbacks, you still have none at the end of the day."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ttled-qb-coach-jim-mcelwain-play-three-opener

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
DAMN!

"Obviously it's not ideal," Zaire said. "I don't think anybody in the quarterback room wants that. But at the end of the day, you just got to do what coach wants. I feel like coach should be confident enough to stick with a guy and be able to roll with that guy because that's best for the team. When you have all these quarterbacks, you still have none at the end of the day."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ttled-qb-coach-jim-mcelwain-play-three-opener

Nice. So we now have players questioning the coaches' decisions in a public format. Perfect start to a crucial year.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The East and the SEC overall is down. Disagree? Do you think we won because of the offense? He was supposed to fix the offense. Did he?

This a bad post even for you.

How silly of me to think that people should get fault when they fail and credit when they succeed.

Adrenal-Fatigue-Negativity.jpg

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice. So we now have players questioning the coaches' decisions in a public format. Perfect start to a crucial year.

I don't agree with splitting 1st team reps between 3 QBs either, but Mac can't have this going on. This comment would put Zaire on the bench for at least the first game if I was the HC. Players cannot question their coach's decisions. Especially publicly.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't agree with splitting 1st team reps between 3 QBs either, but Mac can't have this going on. This comment would put Zaire on the bench for at least the first game if I was the HC. Players cannot question their coach's decisions. Especially publicly.

Sounds to me like Mac is caught between a few bad places. I think the optics of Franks not being trusted despite extensive time under management is bad for recruiting perception. I think Zaire not getting the nod is bad from the standpoint of how things were likely sold when he was deciding how to spend his final year in college(divits made some great points on that in another thread). And I think there's a personal connection with DelRio, which even Appleby alluded to recently.

Imo, in addition to winning games, head coaches are tasked with making big, important decisions. Selecting a QB is absolutely one of those, with very few of those instances being a landslide decision. There's little excuse for this situation at this stage of things. As I said several times during the Zaire recruitment, it's year 3. Pick a QB and live or die by it. This idea of duct taping our way through every freaking season won't work.

I don't like airing dirty laundry any more than you, and agree that it's wrong. But I think the problem goes much deeper and that's on exactly one person.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Oh btw...Zaire took the first team reps today

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
At this point its comical. It doesn't matter who he trots out there; they're likely to look like **** and timing likely off because Mac is dicking around and splitting first team reps rather than giving one guy the 1st team.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What hell? If Zaire makes that coach-denouncing statement publicly, what roiling gossip is he muttering to teammates in private. Here's a guy who hasn't yet "been" a Gator & he might be a "cancer" in the locker room. Tell me truthfully, would you want Swonky in the Gator locker room? mingling on the practice field, whispering into Franks' ear?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Can I ask why you want Zaire over the other two?

Because I think he wont get sacked like crazy and throw picks like the other two against that blitz crazy defense. At least that is my thinking on it.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Because I think he wont get sacked like crazy and throw picks like the other two against that blitz crazy defense. At least that is my thinking on it.

Fair enough; just wondering what people in the Zaire camp see in him.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds to me like Mac is caught between a few bad places. I think the optics of Franks not being trusted despite extensive time under management is bad for recruiting perception. I think Zaire not getting the nod is bad from the standpoint of how things were likely sold when he was deciding how to spend his final year in college(divits made some great points on that in another thread). And I think there's a personal connection with DelRio, which even Appleby alluded to recently.

Imo, in addition to winning games, head coaches are tasked with making big, important decisions. Selecting a QB is absolutely one of those, with very few of those instances being a landslide decision. There's little excuse for this situation at this stage of things. I don't like airing dirty laundry any more than you, and agree that it's wrong. But I think the problem goes much deeper and that's on exactly one person.

I see your point, but that's not really how I think things are playing out. I'm more inclined to think Franks is just doing better than expected when they started working on Zaire's transfer. Now the coaches are faced with a tough choice. 1 guy is experienced in your system and won 4 our of 5 games as a starter last year. Another has all kinds of potential but things weren't clicking quite yet for him in the Spring (but seems to be doing very well now). Then you have Zaire who brings a different dynamic to the run game. I don't think Mac is playing any games at all. I think he's genuinely trying to figure out what's going to give us the best chance to beat Michigan and may feel he won't know the answer to that question until he sees how Michigan tries to defend them and how each QB manages to handle it. I don't necessarily think that's the wisest course of action, but I believe it's probably what's going on. Personally I'd rather just see Franks getting the majority of the 1st team snaps at this point. If LDR who has 3 years in the system, and Zaire who's a graduate transfer with big time game experience can't beat Franks out by now, then Franks should be the guy they're giving the 1st team reps to so they can all gel together.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The dumpers know how to position themselves.

If you are at all positive, then they will call you an idiot (that's the nicest thing they will say) if the Gators lose and revel in the fact that they were right. They will claim that anything you say about a loss is simply an excuse.

They will proclaim it is an absolute positive that the Gators will lose and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot (again, the absolute nicest thing they will say). However, if the Gators win they will say that's what they wanted all along. It's a win - win for them. Then they will give a million excuses - luck, miracle catch, the opponent sucks, the SEC East is horrible, it was all Muschamps defense - anything except Mac actually won.

When you explain why Mac lost, regardless of what you say, it's just excuses. When they explain why the victory doesn't really count or mean anything it's just "realism".

The dumpers position themselves so that they can claim victory and explain how stupid you are regardless of the outcome.

If my memory serves, this is the first post that I've given a dislike. There have been lots of bad posts that I've disagreed with or ignored, but for some reason I just felt like you earned a dislike for this. I probably made untrue assumptions about the intent of your post, but it seems like you did the same thing when writing it and thinking of people who aren't happy with the current state of the program.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
In the open portion of practice.....
You keep your little candle lit fella.

Two triple digit offenses and we have this crap going into year three. It's disgusting. And its disgusting you are trying every which way to somehow justify it...excuse it. Puke dude.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Fair enough; just wondering what people in the Zaire camp see in him.

I think most are thinking the same as me, were not necessarily in the "Zaire camp". Were just in the anyone but del rio or the guy who's had a year and a half to beat del rio and hasn't yet camp. If that makes sense. I hope I'm wrong and franks lights it up. I just don't think he's ever going to be good enough upstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator