Fall Practice

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Every indication is that they are leaving Conliffe at DE. That is the smart move IMO.
that's fine, and I agree. However, at 312 lbs (is it?) I don't see how they avoid using him inside at least occasionally

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm excited about the size of the freshmen, too. However, hand technique and leverage with have a lot to do with their early success or struggle on the interior. At a minimum though, rotating fresh bodies is still a huge help.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LDR not taking any Reps. Trolls, Haters, and Complainers OWNED and DESTROYED baby!!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Del-Rio picking up right where he and that weak a$s arm left off :facepalm:
Check out @rich559's Tweet:
Vojo knew soon as the ball was snapped that he was going to the receiver running the short route (because he can't hit the deep throws)...jumped it...and took it to the house. This is yet an another example of why this dude can't be our starter come Sept!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
that's fine, and I agree. However, at 312 lbs (is it?) I don't see how they avoid using him inside at least occasionally

I'd rather have Polite backing up SDE and Conliffe at tackle. Hell I think he has 30 pounds easy on Polite.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Vojo knew soon as the ball was snapped that he was going to the receiver running the short route (because he can't hit the deep throws)...jumped it...and took it to the house. This is yet an another example of why this dude can't be our starter come Sept!

Thanks Marianna. I'm pretty high on VJ, but you are correct on 14. VJ reminds me of a more athletic version of Neiron Ball.
All over the field making plays at backer with good ball skills.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather have Polite backing up SDE and Conliffe at tackle. Hell I think he has 30 pounds easy on Polite.
I think conliffe will prove to be a player who can play anywhere on the line. I just don't see how anyone can avoid using him inside with his size. I would love the luxury of being able to use him solely as a DE, but we don't have that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I do like what I've seen from Joseph to this point, and that's a solid play from a LB.

But in addition to the obvious weak arm, you can see that VJ never even hesitates to jump the route, despite having no safety help over the top. Either the guy gambled big and it paid off, or LDR continued his staring down approach and gave VJ a blueprint of what he was doing. I'm going with B, which only further proves my position that any idea of LDR being a game manager is little more than a myth. There aren't many QB's that could've squeezed that in there, yet despite his well documented limitations, he insists on trying to do just that. He simply isn't a game manager, because his arrogance won't allow him to be one.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I do like what I've seen from Joseph to this point, and that's a solid play from a LB.

But in addition to the obvious weak arm, you can see that VJ never even hesitates to jump the route, despite having no safety help over the top. Either the guy gambled big and it paid off, or LDR continued his staring down approach and gave VJ a blueprint of what he was doing. I'm going with B, which only further proves my position that any idea of LDR being a game manager is little more than a myth. There aren't many QB's that could've squeezed that in there, yet despite his well documented limitations, he insists on trying to do just that. He simply isn't a game manager, because his arrogance won't allow him to be one.
:thumbup:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Thanks Marianna. I'm pretty high on VJ, but you are correct on 14. VJ reminds me of a more athletic version of Neiron Ball.
All over the field making plays at backer with good ball skills.
Yeah...he's good!

Off topic...but someone just DM'd me on Twitter and said since we're running a 4-3 this yr Kylan Johnson is going to be covering the slot/TE in passing situations. Instead of pulling a LB off the field (and letting everyone know what we're in) Randy is just going to keep our 3 LB's in and let Johnson cover. Everyone is saying he's doing a great job in that role because he played safety in HS. Hopefully it works in the games :lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah...he's good!

Off topic...but someone just DM'd me on Twitter and said since we're running a 4-3 this yr Kylan Johnson is going to be covering the slot/TE in passing situations. Instead of pulling a LB off the field (and letting everyone know what we're in) Randy is just going to keep our 3 LB's in and let Johnson cover. Everyone is saying he's doing a great job in that role because he played safety in HS. Hopefully it works in the games :lol:
Young defense, keep it simple and let them play fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator