Fall Practice

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Not sure if that is a good idea or not when playing those teams that like to spread things out. I think that is why many teams went to a lot of 2 LB sets against certain teams.

In our spring game we had a few times LBs were chasing wide open WRs.
Who do we play early that runs a spread? I'll wait :waiting:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who do we play early that runs a spread? I'll wait :waiting:

Well even not playing the Big 12 type spreads I reviewed the tape and caught about 4 times in the first half alone of the spring game a LB was trying to chase a WR up the seam in coverage just with the Franks possessions. You allow that to happen too much and that WR will get loose and get some big gains. These were slot guys and the wideout - I saw Callaway and Powell specifically a few times being chased by a LB only.

People say he ran a lot of that against Iowa but they never really tried to open things up to attack it.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Well even not playing the Big 12 type spreads I reviewed the tape and caught about 4 times in the first half alone just with the Franks possessions of the spring game a LB was trying to chase a WR up the seam in coverage. You allow that to happen too much and that WR will get loose and get some big gains. These were slot guys and the wideout - I saw Callaway and Powell specifically a few times being chased by a LB only.

People say he ran a lot of that against Iowa but they never really tried to open things up to attack it.
Neither will Michigan...they run 2 TE sets and any slot receiver they have Johnson can run stride for stride with. Harbaugh is going to line it up...then try to run it right down our throats...Randy knows that!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Neither will Michigan...they run 2 TE sets and any slot receiver they have Johnson can run stride for stride with. Harbaugh is going to line it up...then try to run it right down our throats...Randy knows that!

I assume that is what Michigan will do mostly but Shannon has always ran that mostly I think and he hasn't called the games in a long time prior to Iowa I think. Did he call the Bama game can't remember? Maybe it will be no issue at all but I hope when we play the teams that can attack it he isn't hard headed about going to 2 LBs.

Michigan does have some young quick receivers I think but they are inexperienced.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Screenshot_20170804-204114.jpg

Now this is a smart idea...guess Mac is finally getting the folks at UF to spend some money and get us the stuff everyone else (who is a top tier team) already has.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I assume that is what Michigan will do mostly but Shannon has always ran that mostly I think and he hasn't called the games in a long time prior to Iowa I think. Did he call the Bama game can't remember? Maybe it will be no issue at all but I hope when we play the teams that can attack it he isn't hard headed about going to 2 LBs.

Michigan does have some young quick receivers I think but they are inexperienced.
He won't be...Marco and a couple of the new guys are working at Nickel so I'm sure they'll use it against the spread teams. He's just trying to get them ready for Michigan right now and week 2 you'll start seeing us get ready for Tenn.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Coach Davis getting on Mike's sorry a$$ at the end. "Does it make sense to go around him or go through him...c'mon get the play started SON" :lol:

Honestly, I didn't see the footwork issue on issue with McCoy until I watched it three times. I guess that's why he is the coach.

My son laughed at the Mike thing. He said, you're supposed to hit the end first on the combo block not just throw up an arm. LOL, he is in his third week of football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Game over. We haven't had a QB throw before the cut since Chris Leak.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
By early i mean in games 1 or 2. BTW...Tenn is going to be garbage this year
Tinerc has been garbage the last two years. WTF!? Our defense is garbage now.

Butters gets outcoached by Bytch and people still just pretend a win is a given. Hilarious. Shyt we scored 10 points against them with Grier. What do you expect this year?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He won't be...Marco and a couple of the new guys are working at Nickel so I'm sure they'll use it against the spread teams. He's just trying to get them ready for Michigan right now and week 2 you'll start seeing us get ready for Tenn.
Look, I'm with you. Freshmen can easily play CB. It's the easiest position on the field for freshmen to play.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Honestly, I didn't see the footwork issue on issue with McCoy until I watched it three times. I guess that's why he is the coach.

My son laughed at the Mike thing. He said, you're supposed to hit the end first on the combo block not just throw up an arm. LOL, he is in his third week of football.
Glad to see he's paying attention and learning fast. Tell him good luck and we all here hope he has a healthy/successful season! #ChompChomp

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

That's the first thing that I noticed about him. Not that he throws the prettiest ball but he's constantly hit receivers in stride and hitting them at the High Point. If I see our QBs throw one more low dart into the knees of our receivers I'm going to have a seizure.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Tinerc has been garbage the last two years. WTF!? Our defense is garbage now.

Butters gets outcoached by Bytch and people still just pretend a win is a given. Hilarious. Shyt we scored 10 points against them with Grier. What do you expect this year?
A 20 pt a$$ throttle...thats what! :lol:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
That's the first thing that I noticed about him. Not that he throws the prettiest ball but he's constantly hit receivers in stride and hitting them at the High Point. If I see our QBs throw one more low dart into the knees of our receivers I'm going to have a seizure.
Don't watch the Del-Rio clips then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.