Fatal flaw of each SEC East team (SDS article)

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Plain and simple the offensive MUST STEP UP this year. But with the unsettled situation at QB I don't see that happening.

Yes the offense must score more points and avoid those very damaging three and outs. Special teams returns can also be a factor if they give us better field position.

I see the o-line being the most critical area of improvement. We have backs, and receivers. TE is next on offense and of course a QB who can identify the proper receiver and deliver the ball. Tim made a living by our WRs beating folks down field and of course you never knew when he might rip of a long run himself.

I am optimistic.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Special teams returns can also be a factor if they give us better field position.
Remember in Meyer years when we were likely to block a punt and run back a kick or punt every game it seemed?

Now we have Papaw Nappy who is just happy if we dont fumble while trying to field a punt on the three yard line THREE TIMES IN A ROW.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No argument here. I do remember last spring. I was thinking primarily of Calloway and Cleveland, but you're right - they have more unrealized potential than accomplishments so far.

I wonder how much missing all of Spring and the beginning of Fall hurt Calloway's development last year. He didn't start the season in football shape it seemed. You can work out all you want, you have to get used to being hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator