Favorite Musical Duets

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Did you know that Parsons was born in Winter Haven? His mother's family are/were a big citrus growing family. Growing up he split time between Winter Haven and Statesboro, GA where his father was from.

Of course George and Tammy had a mansion in Highland City between Lakeland and Bartow. I heard that George stayed in trouble with the law there due to him getting drunk and starting fights in Lakeland bars. I know we have some other Lakelanders lurking in GC that may know more about George's colorful past.

Yep - Polk county boy.

but the crazy thing was what happened after he died and what his friends tried to do with his body

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I guess I was thinking of duets as a male and female combo, but technically I guess a duet means two people so therefore Simon and Garfunckel would be a duet as would the Everly Brothers, the Louvin Brothers etc. Maybe I'm being too orthodox but when I think of duets I usually think of complementary genders. Also musical duets seems to me to entail a couple who performed as a duet over a period of years. Steve Lawrence and Edyie Gorme, Louis Prima and Keely Smith and from country Jim Ed Brown and Helen Cornelius would be examples of couples who performed together over a period of years. This would contrast to say Dean Martin and Lena Horne performing a duet on time on the Dean Martin Show.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No votes for Donnie and Marie? Pretty sure at least one of you had a Donny and Marie lunchbox.
iu

How about the Captain and Tennille?
iu

Kermit and Miss Piggy?
iu

Sonny and Cher?
iu

Peaches and Herb?
iu

Alex.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
upload_2022-3-30_19-11-16.jpeg

Neil Young and Joni Mitchell

**edit** Oops! Thought this was the “Favorite Commie Duets” thread! Apologies…

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.