Felipe Franks - "I'm going there to start."

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Treon led his team to a couple of undefeated seasons and a couple of state titles and a national title.

Treon was a red heron.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I could've swore I read where Franks was kicked off his baseball team for his attitude. Maybe I'm misremembering something
c2 Jr played against Wakulla early in the last two seasons and Frank's (I believe it was Fellipe and not his older brother) was on the team two years ago and only got a pinch hit AB. Heard later on that he quit because he wasn't getting to play. To be fair, Wakulla's coach was kind of an odd bird, pitching a new guy every inning. He also had about 30 guys dressed for the varsity game and substituted no one in the field. I know Frank's wasn't on the team last season. LSU supposedly was going to allow him to play baseball along with football, so his reputation in baseball must not have suffered too much if true. His football coach, Scott Klees, says he's as good a kid, not to mention football player, as he's had. Scott's a pretty straight shooter, so I'd put a lot of stock in his opinion, any bias notwithstanding.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's some video of him firing off some passes. He's a big dude.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Looking and listening to this young man, I like him better right now than Eason. This young fella seems like one, a very respectful individual, which equates into a great leader and face for the Gator Nation. Two, he obviously is not afraid of competing with anyone which just gets you revved up because you can tell, this young fella has that confidence that you want in your QB. And I said confidence, not arrogance as in, oh I am it I'm gonna be the starter no matter what in my mind. Franks definitely seems to thrive off the competition and I cannot wait to see him in the spring. The Force is definitely with this one, and yes I went there :lol:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Eason ain't coming here. He only flirted with UF during the period between Richt leaving and the Smart hire. Now he's back to singing UGA's praises and talking about how great Kirby is.

We got Franks. We're good.

My real worry is that Wilson has moved Bama and UGA ahead of us. He was going to Bama on 12/4 to be with Smart, and he may follow him to UGA. That would suck.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Eason ain't coming here. He only flirted with UF during the period between Richt leaving and the Smart hire. Now he's back to singing UGA's praises and talking about how great Kirby is.

We got Franks. We're good.

My real worry is that Wilson has moved Bama and UGA ahead of us. He was going to Bama on 12/4 to be with Smart, and he may follow him to UGA. That would suck.

Yes I agree I like Franks and believe he will be more focused and come in with that chip on his shoulder ready to work. As far as Mack, I right now believe he will be a Gator, mainly because his best friend he grew up and feels most comfortable with is already a Gator. I think that bond wins in the end.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't realize that Franks apparently is requesting a redshirt.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's good for the long term.
Hopefully Del Rio can be serviceable, or better, until Grier comes back, and we'll see where we are at.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's interesting. Since he's an EE, I'd think he'd want to come in and compete and show what he's got to try to win the starting job, since it appears to be winnable.
I would also agree that maybe it's for the best for him to sit out his first year (ala Grier), as URG stated.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
c2 Jr played against Wakulla early in the last two seasons and Frank's (I believe it was Fellipe and not his older brother) was on the team two years ago and only got a pinch hit AB. Heard later on that he quit because he wasn't getting to play. To be fair, Wakulla's coach was kind of an odd bird, pitching a new guy every inning. He also had about 30 guys dressed for the varsity game and substituted no one in the field. I know Frank's wasn't on the team last season. LSU supposedly was going to allow him to play baseball along with football, so his reputation in baseball must not have suffered too much if true. His football coach, Scott Klees, says he's as good a kid, not to mention football player, as he's had. Scott's a pretty straight shooter, so I'd put a lot of stock in his opinion, any bias notwithstanding.

C2 I know Klees and used to coach against him some back in the day. Quick question, are they running a WingT offense with Franks? Just wondering, been too busy to follow them.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's interesting. Since he's an EE, I'd think he'd want to come in and compete and show what he's got to try to win the starting job, since it appears to be winnable.
I would also agree that maybe it's for the best for him to sit out his first year (ala Grier), as URG stated.
I wouldn't have a problem either way, honestly. I suppose it would depend on if we manage to land Eason as well.
There are a lot of scenarios to be considered, and all the dominoes haven't fallen yet either.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
C2 I know Klees and used to coach against him some back in the day. Quick question, are they running a WingT offense with Franks? Just wondering, been too busy to follow them.
I've seen them in person season before last against Godby (Tallahassee) and once this season on ESPN. Both times they were running the hybrid stuff that is popular nowadays...gun spread with one back mostly. Franks stood tall in the pocket and has a strong arm as well as throwing a nice ball. They have a good H/TE this year that he targets. The game this year was against a team from SC and they were close at halftime, but wound up falling by a couple of scores I think. Wet field and playing catch up. Frank's wasn't as sharp as expected. Saw last week's highlights and Franks looked pretty sharp in that one, as I think he has been for the majority. As most know they are playing for the state title this weekend in Orlando.

Wing T. That's for old timers like me! But what a good HS offense.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
This is what I thought when there was discussion about Grier transferring

"He would have sit out a year and then continuing serving the rest of his suspension before he could play. "

The incoming freshmen should push for playing time.. hopefully Grier keeps working throughout the spring with the receivers, etc. The future is potentially bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator